GAA christmas quiz

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, December 21, 2008, 12:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

Lets have a really hard gaa christmas quiz.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Hardy

OK - I'll start it off.

1. Where is Nemo?

2. What is the Irish for Nemo?

Armagh4SamAgain

1. Cork. I thinks hes a Staint.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Hardy

Very good.

3. What is the main street of Nemo called?

TacadoirArdMhacha

What do Mick O'Dwyer and Jody Gormley have in common?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Bud Wiser

Here is a mini quiz for ye!

ACROSS
3.   First president of the GAA.

6.   New lady arrival to the GAA Board  (General) with more problems than Amy Winehouse  and Lindsay Lohan put together.

9.   Manager of Offaly football team

10  Oldest winner of man of the match award in an All-Ireland Hurling Final.

11.  Having been ten points behind, Jason Ryans Wexford team made a comeback to defeat Meath in an O'Byrne cup first round game in January. It was to be the beginning of a rollercoaster ride for Jason and Wexford. In the dressingroom after the game Ryan displayed his man management skills by, instead of getting involved in the scenes of jubilation, taking a player he had substituted aside and explaining to him he was very much part of the team. The player was Eric ________?

12.  Brian Doohers Club

DOWN

1.  Tom ------ tried to de-ball Cha Fitzpatrick in the AI Hurling  Semi- Final?

2.  Most likely person to win this quiz?

4.  Referee in the Battle Of Omagh?

5   Bad year all 'round for _______ from Laois who got a straight red card against Wexford in the Leinster Semi-Final. (And deserved it)

7.    Barrack Obama now qualifies to play for Ireland in Soccer. If he decides to take up hurling what town will he hurl for?

8.    MJ Tierney from Laois plays for this club. 

9     Gillete did'nt sponsor Tyrone in this years championship.  Who did?    Clue. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgiRIj2GMM   :D

Now it's right - I think.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

PlayWithTheWind

have you got the answers to this quiz Bud? could you pm me them
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Bud Wiser

I was hoping someone would post them up, I think you will have to wait 'till Tony Fearon comes along!

I Pm'd them to you.

Did you not get who was the oldest person to receive a man of the match award in an All-Ireland Final?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Almost there i think (and Yes, I have little to be at - I realise that).

Will have to put my hands up to using a bit of google to help me out. Just one away now - though 10 across was going to be Carey but that doesn't seem to fit.

Good crossword Bud - fair play. Only thing is I don't think there's a K in Rocwell (assuming that's the right answer) and Pat Roe has recently been replaced by Richie Connor.

OK so where's my prize? I'm expecting at least a share in a racehorse!

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Bud Wiser

QuoteWill have to put my hands up to using a bit of google to help me out. Just one away now - though 10 across was going to be Carey but that doesn't seem to fit.

Correct about Rocwell. sorry about that.   Carey is wrong though, its a trick question!  I can't see the reply though, won't load for me

Bud Wiser

Hardstation is right, the machine spelt it Coady I think.

Forget about this and I will make a proper one when I get time and put up a real prize for a bit oif craic.

So say if a few of ye mail me one question each I will put together a quiz. At least ye will all know the answer to your own question.

Then:
1. We will take all correct entries.
2. We will assign all correct entries a number.
3. I will put all the numbers in a big box
4. A  link to a live stream will be provided to watch the numbers being placed in the box and it getting a good rattle.
5. Winner is the one with a correct answer drawn from the box.

Is that fair??

Bud Wiser

Sports Awards on RTE on now,  so we will come back to this again.
I think I'll have a sat-nav for the prize, one for the Alaskans and one for us Mexicans.

snappiered

Including the 2008 All Ireland Football final how many Senior Football Finals have being played?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.