Is cross the best club team ever

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, December 21, 2008, 11:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

Is cross the best team ever for a club like,. I think they must be whose better? teams like nemo from cork ar good but cross have won with the smae team an all. i dont think any other club from ulster is even close and theres no team in the south outside nemo.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

heffo

Rossfan

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on December 21, 2008, 11:51:21 AM
Is cross the best team ever for a club like,. I think they must be whose better? teams like nemo from cork ar good but cross have won with the smae team an all. i dont think any other club from ulster is even close and theres no team in the south outside nemo.
Stay away from your big brother's PC like a good child.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AbbeySider

Your right, Crossmolina are one of the greatest club teams ever to emerge. The quality of McDonald and the Nallens and the rest on a single club team is amazing. They may have underachieved a bit but because of them Mayo club football has been the best club football in the country in the last 2 decades.  :D

stew

Yes Shaney, Cross is the best club team ever.  :-X
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

under the bar

QuoteIs cross the best team ever for a club like,. I think they must be whose better? ....................................................i dont think any other club from ulster is even close and theres no team in the south outside nemo.

I think you've answered your own question, whatever it was.......

Armagh Exile

YES!

T Fearon

By a mile though I would like to have seen the present Cross team play against the great Lurgan Clan Na Gael side of the 1970s which had Jimmy Smith, Colm Mc Kinstry, Jim Mc Kerr the O'Hagans etc. That side won three Ulster's in a row and was desperately unlucky not to win an All Ireland club title.

orangeman

You would have to think that they are -

Who else was better ?.

INDIANA

best club side were the 1999-2001 cross version. I've seen nothing to touch that team. This team is a very good side, but isn't in that league as has been proven over the last few years. Once Oisin retires Cross's scoring averages will decrease by 60%, and when the mc entees go, its the end of the road for a few years.

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on December 22, 2008, 03:18:01 PM
best club side were the 1999-2001 cross version. I've seen nothing to touch that team. This team is a very good side, but isn't in that league as has been proven over the last few years. Once Oisin retires Cross's scoring averages will decrease by 60%, and when the mc entees go, its the end of the road for a few years.

I couldn't disagree more.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

60% you are having a laugh. Total wind up. The last few matches Cross have shown they have enough young talent up front and on the bench to carry them through; Murtagh, Clarke, Carragher and to an extent Hanratty...

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 22, 2008, 04:35:59 PM

60% you are having a laugh. Total wind up. The last few matches Cross have shown they have enough young talent up front and on the bench to carry them through; Murtagh, Clarke, Carragher and to an extent Hanratty...

Its a debate that you can't really judge. But I see no way that those players can be as effective as the likes of McCoville and McEntees.

T Fearon

What makes Cross the best club side ever is the fact that the same core that has been responsible for their success has also been responsible for Armagh's success at county level in roughly the same period. No other club or county can say this and thats what makes the likes of Oisin, Francie, the Mc Entees etc unique. For all the praise lavished on Tyrone for example that county  couldn't sustain success simultaneously at club and county level.

INDIANA

Thats exactly it Corn, as I said I've looked at the Cross scoring rates in depth. Oisin is thier principal scorer, everyone else just chips in. If you're an objective analysis of Gaelic Football anyone can see Cross only have 2 years left at all-ireland level. There is no shame in that, its a run that'll never be bettered, but all things come to an end.

These young players they keep talking about, aren't in the hapenny place compared to the nc entees,bellew and oisin. And how they be, those were once in a generation players. But the current Cross team  are on their last legs.