Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on October 20, 2009, 09:03:43 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 19, 2009, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 19, 2009, 06:39:10 PM
Ardnaree have a player living in Knockmore on their panel as well. Just to let Sligonian that we're not whinging and moaning about it at every given opportunity.
So what yere saying is ye accept these things and dont whinge? It doesnt bother you fair play.

Im aware now im just wasting my time and energy. Most of Sligo dont give shit about these things, dont seem to care and stupidly I thought I could whinge enough for things to change but its not likely. Mayo can do what they like and theres not a damn thing I can do. It hurts me but just isnt worth it when I have no support. In fact its clear some people in Sligo despise me which disappoints me considering my intention behind my words is for the good of Sligo football and make us stronger.
Sligonian you are about 100 years to late to change anything. All your whinging is useless now that particular horse has bolted-we have to make do with what we have and hope that Sligo people from those areas send their kids to their neighbouring Sligo clubs.

I know your right. Lets hope thats not a false hope.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

U-20's battled through to county final with a hard earned 1-4 to 0-4 win away Curry in terrible conditions this morning. We've got there the hard way going to Grange and Curry to win so please God we can go one more step. Final will be the week after next at earliest, other group has a lot of games to play yet.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 24, 2009, 12:42:54 PM
U-20's battled through to county final with a hard earned 1-4 to 0-4 win away Curry in terrible conditions this morning. We've got there the hard way going to Grange and Curry to win so please God we can go one more step. Final will be the week after next at earliest, other group has a lot of games to play yet.

Who are ye playing in the final?

SLIGONIAN

There were more trials last weekend and Daniel Davey was present, didnt show up to well im tld, but not a big fan of trials to be honest. Needs competitive games to prove himself. Quinny from our club was in again and played well. Carrying an injury though and pulled out of the Dublin Marathon so hope he gets it sorted soon. Hearing that 10 new players will be drafted into the panel for FBD. Apparently 12 new Johns players were at last trial. Heard Conor Davey from drumcliffe was called up aswell good young player. Anyway wouldnt see the logic of calling that many from johns as most of them wouldnt have a realisitic chance. Mano when does Egan finish in Sweden?

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 30, 2009, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 24, 2009, 12:42:54 PM

Who are ye playing in the final?

Don't know yet. Tourlestrane have to play St John's this Friday and Tubbercurry (who already have 2 wins under their belt) on Sunday. Any of the 3 could yet make it. People seem to think Tourlestrane are the most likely but having two games they must win in such a short space is tough. The final is down for the following weekend.

SLIGONIAN

Coolera v Tubbercurry u20 final, Should be a good one, any chance someone could stream it live on the net for me along with Geevagh semi and Drumcliffe ladies AI semi? ;)

Leitrim all summer long have streamed highlights of their club championship on the net, and Dr Crokes did all there games live on the net since september. If a club can do it and Leitrim so can we. Next stop SligoGaaTV and Kevin Walsh post match press conferences.

SLIGONIAN

From Sligogaa.ie

The County Board are seeking nominations for the position of Sligo U21 Manager for 2010. Clubs or interested parties are asked to contact County Board Chairman, John Murphy with their nominations.

Wonders will never cease. Lets sit on our holes and do nothing and then when the u20 championship is over we'll look for candidates. It wouldnt suprise me if CB wanted FOF to take it again for convenience and he was honest enough to turn it down in the interests of Sligo Football, fair play to him if that happened. This isnt rocket science. Too much to ask to be proactive and have a man in place before the u20 championship.

Anyway who are the likely candidates from the clubs? Good squad again next yr so hopefully theyll redeem themselves and get the right man.

Stagmeister

Is Daniel Davey playing for Ballyboden St. Enda's now??

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Stagmeister on November 02, 2009, 10:45:10 PM
Is Daniel Davey playing for Ballyboden St. Enda's now??

Ya hes playing with them, at Centre half forward. Scored 0-2 in the final. Needs to be given a proper chance with Sligo to prove he can make the step up. Never guarnteed but should definitly be looked at closely. Seen him briefly in 08 and he looked good.

SLIGONIAN

John Murphy, Peter McHugh and Joe Taafe are the selection commitee for the new u21 manager.

2 people nominated so far Eamonn Kelly (manager of the u16 manning cup champions 2008) and selector with Bernard and the minors last yr. Anthony Brennan obviously double winner this with tour. Nearly sure he managed Sligo minors a few ago?

On HS a poster says Tommy Breheny is in line for it aswell.

Im told Murphy mentioned the u21 manager issue at the last CB meeting. What did he say? What do the club delegates actually do at CB meetings, im curious?

SLIGONIAN

From the great Sligogaa.ie, what a great service this has been and will continue to be. Fair play to all involved so proud of it and the effort behind it.

Connacht FBD League

10/1/2010                            Galway V Sligo

17/1/2010                            Sligo V GMIT

24/1/2010                            Leitrim V Sligo

31/1/2010                            FBD Final

Connacht U-21 Championship

17/3/2010                            Galway  V Sligo  Semi-final Decent draw, if anything Ros and Mayo are stronger than Galway these days at this level.
3/4/2010 or 5/4/2010    Final

Connacht Minor League

20/3/2010                            Sligo V Leitrim

27/3/2010                            Galway V Sligo

3/4/2010                              Roscommon V Sligo

10/4/2010                            Sligo V Mayo

17/4/2010                            Sligo V Longford

Connacht Minor Championship

27/6/2010                          Semi-final  Galway/New York V Sligo (Mayo/Galway venue) Think this might be a mistake as NY dont play?

18/7/2010                            Final

Connacht Junior Championship

23/4/2010                            Leitrim V Sligo

14/5/2010                        Semi-final    Sligo/Leitrim V Fermanagh

6/6/2010                              Final

Connacht Senior Championship

6/6/2010                              Sligo V Mayo

27/6/2010                       Semi-final     Sligo/Mayo V Galway/New York

18/07/2010                         Final

SLIGONIAN

New York must be sending a minor team over, because weekender has them in it aswell. Glad to avoid Ros and Mayo and its decent draw. Glad it seperate from senior. Annoyed that our semi will most likely be away again to galway. 2yrs in a row.

Our Club champions play ros champs in qtrs and leitrim in semis so very good draw there.

That u21 semi against Galway is in Carrick on Shannon on Paddys day.

All in all looking forward to a promising year. 6th of June the big day. Bring it on. Will be home for that, wont make the Galway game but will be home for Connacht Final. ;)

SLIGONIAN

Sligo County Convention coming up, getting plenty of mentions on Sligogaa.ie

Kilcoyne is Central Council bound, and Timmy McGrath is only candidate declared for Connacht Council. Also heard a rumour Cyril Feehily has been approached for Connacht Council and is interested from my source in the CC. Wouldnt know a whole pile on County board politics or how it works, but obviously Kilcoyne was secretary for long time with CB and Feehily is Vice Chairman. Both very experienced.

Hope whoever goes forward fights our corner. Starting with taking 2million euro from the 10million earmarked for Connacht centre of excellence. Its a waste of money for us and we need to stop from happening. We are basically paying 2million for mayo to get a centre of there own. We need to build our own, who from Sligo agreed to this waste of money in ballyhaunis?. Also someone needs to make a stand on the boundary issues.

On another matter see little or no posts or debate on here despite the 2010 draws, new u21 manager etc...one would think plenty to talk about unless I speak for everyone that is? ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 04, 2009, 09:29:15 AM

17/3/2010                            Galway  V Sligo  Semi-final Decent draw, if anything Ros and Mayo are stronger than Galway these days at this level.

You'll have to up your research Sligonian. Next year's Galway u-21's are the minors that won the All-Ireland in 2007. Doesn't guarantee winning at u-21 but it is a very strong panel compared to the last year or two. We're never down for too long. In Connacht anyway. ;)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 06, 2009, 10:32:58 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 04, 2009, 09:29:15 AM

You'll have to up your research Sligonian. Next year's Galway u-21's are the minors that won the All-Ireland in 2007. Doesn't guarantee winning at u-21 but it is a very strong panel compared to the last year or two. We're never down for too long. In Connacht anyway. ;)

Jees GBB you totally got me there ::), sure I was at the game in carrick in 07 where we matched ye for everything, I know ye went on to win AI. Ros had minor champs last yr at u21, howd they do?. If you can point out to me that every yr the minor champs from 3 yrs ago win the u21 then I might take notice. I think back to Carrick 3yrs ago as a missed opportunity. How did ye do in Connacht senior final in 07 with yer u21 AI in 03 and 05 to choose from? Dont try to tell me that yer minors from 07 werent involved last yr or yr before ::).