Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stephenite on October 18, 2009, 09:38:30 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 18, 2009, 07:17:40 AM
Quote from: stephenite on October 18, 2009, 05:35:07 AM
Everyone knows the facts at this stage about Charlestown, been talked to death, not going into again.

You haven't answered the question - what players were stolen? The fact that certain players choose to play for a county Mayo team doesn not mean that they were stolen. Certain players simply decided not to play for clubs based in Sligo.
I know that doesn't suit the conspiracy theory that you've dreamed up, but that's the reality.

Answer to Q2 - The same year as Ballaghdereen transferred to Roscommon

That's incorrect, there was a year in the difference ;). Yes, Ardnaree was in Sligo at one stage, however the club in Ardnaree did not come into being until 1949 - rendering your argument useless.

::) So who did they play with before 1949, Castleconnor or Ballina? Who did they play with before 1898? Its the exact same scenario as ballagh, If Castleconnor wanted players in Ardnaree, they should be no question on legality considering Ballaghdereen. Thats 100% fact spin it whatever way you, wouldnt hold much water in court. Did you ever hear of precedents?

Ardnaree club are illegal playing in mayo based on the ballaghdereen ruling. Its a area for players that Sligo should have rights alone too and Castleconnor. Doesnt make a difference to me about Ardnaree whenever they were founded. It was probably a strategic tactic by mayo to try and complicate the situation  but for me its clear cut.

John Forde is an Ardnaree man who won an All Ireland with Mayo, played with Ballina. Lots of inter-transferring of players between the 2 clubs over the years, Ardnaree is in Ballina FFS, Castleconnor are miles out the road

They are not an illegal club - that's almost as ridicluous as the suggestion that Mayo strategically delayed the founding of the club by 51 years to 'complicate the situation' :D ;D :D

Ballaghaderren opted to stay in Mayo for GAA purposes - Ardnaree wasn't founded when this happened, there is no precedent here as the club didn't exist.

Get over it man - nothing is going to change at this stage of the game, Ardnaree and Ballaghaderren are in Mayo when it comes to GAA.

PS: Any player from Ardnaree that wanted to transfer to Castleconnor could probably do so, indeed when Castleconnor won the Sligo Intermediate a lad from the Quay area of Ballina (who played with me on every underage team) lined out for them much to the chargin of everybody involved in Sligo GAA, including the Knockmore man Eugene McHale who wrote a lengthy piece in the Western People about the situation. There was an appeal that was turned down as far as I remember. The point is, that Castleconnor have done quite well from disaffected Ballina players over the years

That would support my point. That Sligo Football and Castleconnor can use any player east of the Moy?

Only problem is Ballina can and Mayo too...and unfortunetly unless your a Sligoman who actually gives a shit where your from you'll go with the bigger fish.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stephenite on October 18, 2009, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 18, 2009, 10:11:58 AM
Quote from: REDCOL on October 18, 2009, 09:01:21 AM
theyd steal all our players - Alan Costello is it ?

For example the next Eamonn o Hara is born and lives in Castleconnor or Bellaghy? Goes to school in Ballina or Charlestown. What happens next? Ballina or Charlestown or Mayo make no approach? ::)

Costello was rejected by Mayo. Lives and works in Sligo. Being talked to death already aswell. Try and be honest about it. Its not like parsons and mulligans etc... have been rejected by Sligo so cant compare Costello. But its the usual spin yer try to do when i mention the border. In fact we didnt go over any border to get Costello, and that cant be said about Bellaghy.

I only knew full story story on Ardnaree recently. I had known Castleconnor had trouble there for yrs though.

Why are you lying again? The only people that went over borders were players that wanted to play for Mayo clubs - not Mayo clubs going across and dragging them over to play football.

What trouble have Castleconnor had for years?

Charlestown use players from Bellaghy do they not? Maybe Im wrong but Bellaghy is in Sligo. So therefore its across the border. ::), are you trying to tell me that Charlestown didnt ask and want the bellaghy contingent to play?

Im not going into every situation in Castleconnor, as far as Im concerned every player east of moy should be playing for them. And the decision on that intermediate player would support that.

Any link to mchales article. Mchale has lived in my club for last 10 yrs so Id know him fairly well  ;).

stephenite

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 18, 2009, 11:06:38 AM

For example the next Eamonn o Hara is born and lives in Castleconnor or Bellaghy? Goes to school in Ballina or Charlestown. What happens next? Ballina or Charlestown or Mayo make no approach? ::)

Costello was rejected by Mayo. Lives and works in Sligo. Being talked to death already aswell. Try and be honest about it. Its not like parsons and mulligans etc... have been rejected by Sligo so cant compare Costello. But its the usual spin yer try to do when i mention the border. In fact we didnt go over any border to get Costello, and that cant be said about Bellaghy.

I only knew full story story on Ardnaree recently. I had known Castleconnor had trouble there for yrs though.

Why are you lying again? The only people that went over borders were players that wanted to play for Mayo clubs - not Mayo clubs going across and dragging them over to play football.

Charlestown use players from Bellaghy do they not? Maybe Im wrong but Bellaghy is in Sligo. So therefore its across the border. ::), are you trying to tell me that Charlestown didnt ask and want the bellaghy contingent to play?

Im not going into every situation in Castleconnor, as far as Im concerned every player east of moy should be playing for them. And the decision on that intermediate player would support that.

Any link to mchales article. Mchale has lived in my club for last 10 yrs so Id know him fairly well  ;).

I did lok for the article but can't find it.

The decision on the intermediate player was incorrect according to the rules.

As for Bellaghy and Charlestown - I am telling that you Charlestown didn't ask. If young fellas show up and want to play for them at an early age, they'll accept them. Same as any other club in the country, same as Ardnaree players that play underage for Ballina, same as players from Tralee and Kilarney playing for different clubs in their town. There's nothing stopping young fellas or their parents from Ballaghaderren heading out to Western Gaels to play their first games. There's a lad lining out for Knockmore in the County final that has lived all his life within the Ballina boundaries because he was bought out to Knockmore by his parents to play football as soon as he was able. The point is, this happens all over the country, everywhere!

If Bellaghy aren't proactive in ensuring that young fellas are playing for them, that's tough shit :)

If Sligomen decide they want to swim with bigger fish (you're words) that's tough shit also :)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stephenite on October 18, 2009, 12:13:37 PM

As for Bellaghy and Charlestown - I am telling that you Charlestown didn't ask. If young fellas show up and want to play for them at an early age, they'll accept them. Same as any other club in the country, same as Ardnaree players that play underage for Ballina, same as players from Tralee and Kilarney playing for different clubs in their town. There's nothing stopping young fellas or their parents from Ballaghaderren heading out to Western Gaels to play their first games. There's a lad lining out for Knockmore in the County final that has lived all his life within the Ballina boundaries because he was bought out to Knockmore by his parents to play football as soon as he was able. The point is, this happens all over the country, everywhere!

If Bellaghy aren't proactive in ensuring that young fellas are playing for them, that's tough shit :)

If Sligomen decide they want to swim with bigger fish (you're words) that's tough shit also :)

Well ye are a bigger fish with 52 clubs to our 24 clubs, then Ballina and Charlestown have more population than Curry and Castleconnor so thats what im getting at.

Curry and Castleconnor are proactive but despite what your saying Charlestown are too. Charlestown didnt ask are you serious :D.

How was the decision incorrect according to the rules? Castleconnor obviously used the same logic as ballagh. You mentioned a politiation kept ballagh in yer GAA. Whyd you delete it? How did Ballagh stay in mayo under the rules of county boundaries?

magpie seanie

Castlerea two up on Tourlestrane - 7 mins gone in second half. David Durkin being accused of heavy tackling by Tommy Clarke on OceanFM!

Ballisodare beaten by 6 I think.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2009, 03:27:21 PM
Castlerea two up on Tourlestrane - 7 mins gone in second half. David Durkin being accused of heavy tackling by Tommy Clarke on OceanFM!

Ballisodare beaten by 6 I think.

Poor result for tour. How did Geevagh do?

magpie seanie

SLIGONIAN

stephenite

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 18, 2009, 01:49:43 PM
Quote from: stephenite on October 18, 2009, 12:13:37 PM

Well ye are a bigger fish with 52 clubs to our 24 clubs, then Ballina and Charlestown have more population than Curry and Castleconnor so thats what im getting at.

Curry and Castleconnor are proactive but despite what your saying Charlestown are too. Charlestown didnt ask are you serious :D.

How was the decision incorrect according to the rules? Castleconnor obviously used the same logic as ballagh. You mentioned a politiation kept ballagh in yer GAA. Whyd you delete it? How did Ballagh stay in mayo under the rules of county boundaries?

I haven't deleted anything

Mano

Very poor performance and result for Tourlestrane yesterday. Brendan Egan was a huge loss and then when Eamon O'Hara limped off after 25 minutes (he carried an ankle injury into the game) things looked ominous. At the time of Eamon's departure we were 2 points in front and gaining parity on midfield - from then on however we were cleaned out and were outscored in the remainder of the game by 1-8 to 0-3.
Our team was much too small in yesterdays wet conditions which made the absence of strong players like Egan and O'Hara even more acute. With our limited resources we didn't have the big powerful players on the bench to replace these lads adequately whereas Castlerea were bringing in lads who wouldn't be out of place in Cork's midfield. Yesterday was a day for brawn and bulk over skill. Castlerea played direct football suitable for the wet conditions where their 3 full fowards were bigger and stronger than each of their opponents. On the few occasions we got our passing football going at the beginning of each half we cut through them and got some good scores. However we didn't have the platform in midfield to do that often enough.

I doubt Castlerea will go much further though - they relied too heavily on one man and despite having a huge amount of possession their other forwards squandered a lot of chances. However they have a good game plan where their players lie down and feign injury very often and have 14 men behind the ball when they are ahead (similar to Curry tactics when Kearney was manager).

It has been a good year for tourlestrane winning both competitions. However the Connaught championship is a different competition and usually requires different tactics and different personnel as the ground gets softer and the weather gets wetter. The short passing game simply does not woark against bigger stronger opponents in those sort of conditions yesterday and unfortunately we don't have the big powerful players that teams in other counties have when you get to provincial level.

stephenite

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 18, 2009, 01:49:43 PM
Charlestown didnt ask are you serious :D.

So how did it work? Someone from Charlestown knocked on the Parsons door, and asked if Tom could play football with the club up the road - are you for real :D

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mano on October 19, 2009, 10:56:32 AM
Very poor performance and result for Tourlestrane yesterday. Brendan Egan was a huge loss and then when Eamon O'Hara limped off after 25 minutes (he carried an ankle injury into the game) things looked ominous. At the time of Eamon's departure we were 2 points in front and gaining parity on midfield - from then on however we were cleaned out and were outscored in the remainder of the game by 1-8 to 0-3.
Our team was much too small in yesterdays wet conditions which made the absence of strong players like Egan and O'Hara even more acute. With our limited resources we didn't have the big powerful players on the bench to replace these lads adequately whereas Castlerea were bringing in lads who wouldn't be out of place in Cork's midfield. Yesterday was a day for brawn and bulk over skill. Castlerea played direct football suitable for the wet conditions where their 3 full fowards were bigger and stronger than each of their opponents. On the few occasions we got our passing football going at the beginning of each half we cut through them and got some good scores. However we didn't have the platform in midfield to do that often enough.

I doubt Castlerea will go much further though - they relied too heavily on one man and despite having a huge amount of possession their other forwards squandered a lot of chances. However they have a good game plan where their players lie down and feign injury very often and have 14 men behind the ball when they are ahead (similar to Curry tactics when Kearney was manager).

It has been a good year for tourlestrane winning both competitions. However the Connaught championship is a different competition and usually requires different tactics and different personnel as the ground gets softer and the weather gets wetter. The short passing game simply does not woark against bigger stronger opponents in those sort of conditions yesterday and unfortunately we don't have the big powerful players that teams in other counties have when you get to provincial level.

Thanks for the report Mano. Couldn't make it myself so glad to have a few of the blanks filled in. Being without O'Hara on top of Egan was too much. Still - not a bad year for ye at all!

Farrandeelin

Ardnaree have a player living in Knockmore on their panel as well. Just to let Sligonian that we're not whinging and moaning about it at every given opportunity.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 19, 2009, 06:39:10 PM
Ardnaree have a player living in Knockmore on their panel as well. Just to let Sligonian that we're not whinging and moaning about it at every given opportunity.
So what yere saying is ye accept these things and dont whinge? It doesnt bother you fair play.

Im aware now im just wasting my time and energy. Most of Sligo dont give shit about these things, dont seem to care and stupidly I thought I could whinge enough for things to change but its not likely. Mayo can do what they like and theres not a damn thing I can do. It hurts me but just isnt worth it when I have no support. In fact its clear some people in Sligo despise me which disappoints me considering my intention behind my words is for the good of Sligo football and make us stronger.

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 19, 2009, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 19, 2009, 06:39:10 PM
So what yere saying is ye accept these things and dont whinge? It doesnt bother you fair play.

Im aware now im just wasting my time and energy. Most of Sligo dont give shit about these things, dont seem to care and stupidly I thought I could whinge enough for things to change but its not likely. Mayo can do what they like and theres not a damn thing I can do. It hurts me but just isnt worth it when I have no support. In fact its clear some people in Sligo despise me which disappoints me considering my intention behind my words is for the good of Sligo football and make us stronger.
Sligonian you are about 100 years to late to change anything. All your whinging is useless now that particular horse has bolted-we have to make do with what we have and hope that Sligo people from those areas send their kids to their neighbouring Sligo clubs.