St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

magpie seanie

Well done to Tourlestrane - thats a good U-20 team alright.

Sligonian - I think you are due to head off shortly (if not gone already) so good luck in Dubai. I'm sure you'll keep in touch.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 17, 2008, 06:27:56 PM
Well done to Tourlestrane - thats a good U-20 team alright.

Sligonian - I think you are due to head off shortly (if not gone already) so good luck in Dubai. I'm sure you'll keep in touch.

Thanks Seanie, Fly out tomorrow,  ;D ;D, anyway i need to get away. Wont have much to say to be honest on here as i will be out of touch, same when i was in london, because i wont be at any games cant really have an opinion, some will be delighted to hear. But ye get to as many games as possible so i can hear yer views ;) on how we are progressing.

Although i will be home for the big one in june and if harps make it to paddys day i will come back for that too.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stevo-08

best of luck out there Sligonian.

And sure wont your dad be keeping you well informed about all the games and form of the players here. So you'll still be able to give us your expert opinion on who should be making the team, and that Quinn isnt good enough for midfield  ;) ::)

baoithe

All the best with it Sligonian. The poor auld arabs won't know what hit them  ;).

SLIGONIAN

Thanks lads, apparently the company im working with has about 20 mayo lads with them, I'll try not to get arrested :D over bellaghy.

Dad will be going surely, and i respect his opinion but its still second hand and ive always preached that you cant really have an opinion if your not at games so i'll stick to that. Although i will be listening to the great ocean fm online ::) torture. Poor Quinner will get a break from me while im over there :-X.

shapes

You are probably in the air by now Sligoian so best of luck. There is GAA in Dubai so you will be all set there.

Owenmoresider

Good luck with it Sligonian. Don't fall out with the locals whatever you do.  ;)

SLIGONIAN

GOOD LUCK HARPS on sunday from dubai.   

Owenmoresider

SLIGONIAN

Seen the game in full on TG4.ie. Bitterly disappointed with Harps yday, too many players didnt turn up. Corofin were very fit strong and athletic and but for erratic forwards could of won by more. Thought phillips was only man for harps to perform. Taylor wasnt given a hope by the distribution into him. Harps were just second in too many positions. Seem to be a good crowd from harps and feck all from corofin. This could be close to the end of an era for harps, judging by there underage results nothings coming through and Taylor hasnt got much left in him. Tourlestrane and Curry have a  conveyor belt of underage on the way so its hard to look past those 2 for the next couple of yrs.

Anyway Harps gave me plenty of good memories this yr and fair play to them beating glencar and balla was sweet. Just didnt happen for them yday and maybe the season caught up with them because it wasnt the harps we all know that turned up yday.

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 24, 2008, 09:32:31 AM
This could be close to the end of an era for harps, judging by there underage results nothings coming through and Taylor hasnt got much left in him. Tourlestrane and Curry have a  conveyor belt of underage on the way so its hard to look past those 2 for the next couple of yrs.

Don't agree with that comment - Harps are still a young team apart from Taylor.

Very disappointing performance by Harps yesterday. They were extremely lucky to be so close at the end and to have 15 players still on the pitch.
If Cororfin didn't already know Harps tactics they were told during the week when Denis Johnson told the media they would persist with their short passing running game. Could not believe this when i read Johnsons comments during the week and then he was true to his word on the day. Corofin were ready and blocked, harried and turned over possession which led to many of their scoring chances. Corofin played football to suit the condidtions by delievering the ball long and early to their big man on the edge of the square.
Overall it has been an excellent season for Eastern Harps as i think they won every senior trophy in Sligo this year. Others teams will have to up their game to topple them next year.

Sligoper

Your right Mano i think they did, Curry being the last team to do the treble in '06.

Well i was at the game yesterday and to be honest i thought it was dismal and thats the truth. McGovern was skint by O'Donovan and a few other players really didnt show up. It looked like it lacked effort or belief, i really cant put my finger on it. Would jus love my money back to be honest.

Fair play to Harps though and they were the best team al year round. For three years now it the league finalists have been County Champions and shows the league is still important as ever for getting into that winning habit.

Harps are still young but the thing that will kill them is emmigration. T Taylor and D O'Grady are both off to the oz wednesday and the recession will hit more than just Harps.

On i side note i really wish people would move from the hoganstand to here. Way too much editing on the 'stand.
Go on the Bunnies!

magpie seanie

Some of them on Hoganstand should be left there!

Agree with most of what has been said from the bits I saw on tv. Really disappointing performance. I think they may have actually beaten a better team in the semi final but for whatever reason it didn't happen yesterday. Brendan Phillips and Ross Donovan emerge with credit in my eyes but too many of the other lads didn't play up to form. Still, a great year for Harps. 2009 will bring them tough challenges personnel wise as some have alluded to but they won't be a million miles away you'll find.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on November 24, 2008, 12:27:16 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 24, 2008, 09:32:31 AM
This could be close to the end of an era for harps, judging by there underage results nothings coming through and Taylor hasnt got much left in him. Tourlestrane and Curry have a  conveyor belt of underage on the way so its hard to look past those 2 for the next couple of yrs.

Don't agree with that comment - Harps are still a young team apart from Taylor.

Very disappointing performance by Harps yesterday. They were extremely lucky to be so close at the end and to have 15 players still on the pitch.
If Cororfin didn't already know Harps tactics they were told during the week when Denis Johnson told the media they would persist with their short passing running game. Could not believe this when i read Johnsons comments during the week and then he was true to his word on the day. Corofin were ready and blocked, harried and turned over possession which led to many of their scoring chances. Corofin played football to suit the condidtions by delievering the ball long and early to their big man on the edge of the square.
Overall it has been an excellent season for Eastern Harps as i think they won every senior trophy in Sligo this year. Others teams will have to up their game to topple them next year.

Well mano, not that i want your agreement, whos going to get harps scores when PT retires? Theres a few points in it, your interpretation being wrong, i said it could be an end of era, Harps have nothing coming through judging by there underage results. Id say thats fair comments, never said there too old. Tour and Curry look stronger next few yrs IMO. Next yr harps could lose ogrady, PT and TT, I fear for Harps is what im saying, not writing them off.

Ya its a pity the lads on hoganstand dont come on here, sound enough most of them and the more lads talking Sligo GAA the better will improve this board. Ever since i made the move it made this board way more valuable ;) from a Sligo viewpoint. Judging by the PMs i get theres way too much conformaty to certain lads views who wont disagree with on public forums but will in private and it pisses me off. At least in HG that doesnt happen and everyone has mind of there own so i wouldnt look down on HG sligolads and ladies. It might take some of them time to adjust with the editing on here, really close to free speech.

Mano

Take it easy there good lad. I'm giving my opinion. You have expressed yours so i think i have a right to express mine. Most of the team is still young enough to win a few more county titles. Taylor probably doesn't have many years left in him judging by his display yesterday but he was still the highest scorer in Sligo championship by some distance.
Plus Harps were unlucky yo lose the previous years county final in his absence so they are not totally reliant on him.