St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Owenmoresider

Another good win for us at the weekend, beating Harps 2-7 to 2-5. Harps may have been missing a few, but nonetheless we were on top from the start, though a bit sloppy in the second half (how ten players can let a shot past them is a mystery) but held out in the end. Two wins on the board and shaping up nicely, three/four more would probably leave us safe in the division.

No word of other results, website on the blink too it seems.

magpie seanie

We got hockeyed by Michaels. Fair play to Owenmore Gaels for firing them up! We were missing quite a few but like the Geevagh game should have at least been in contention. We should have a few of our key men back soon but hopefully too much damage won't have been done by then. That was a great result for Owenmore Gaels again.

Our seniors won by 2 against Calry. A decent enough performance though we would have lost but for an outstanding performance by Karol O'Neill. He was simply awesome. I know he's a clubmate and I'll be accused of bias but I firmly believe that at present there is no better wing back in the county. This win sets up a huge tie next weekend against Tubber who have a 100% record after beating John's.

Teeling Gael

OMS -- Yeah it was another good win alright. Harps admittedly were missing a few but I suppose so were we. Like yourself , I'm still thinking of avoiding relegation but there is no reason we shouldn't push on from that. 10 men on the line may be a small exagaration but the blame squarely lies between a combination of our full back and our captain.

Frustrating alrite to see the website on the blink and for those of us who rely on Aertel on a sunday evening for results even more so. In fairness the website has been kept up to date but the Aertel is very hit and miss . Like yesterday whereby 80% of other counties results are up on it, the blame must lie within the county.

Have not seen this 5 year development plan that was launched last week. Has any contributor here seen it ?? In principle though , its good to see effectively a business plan been put in place for the next five years and that people are thinking in the medium/longterm.

magpie seanie

I saw the plan and its a good effort. As was said at the launch its all about people supporting it and working to achieve its goals now. I believe it is very achievable and will greatly improve the situation in the short to medium term. The biggest obstacle is, as always in Sligo, the defeatist attictude that is all pervasive and the parochial "looking out for my own club" mantra that is all too evident as well.

Disappointed with the website and Aertel issues this weekend too.

Mano

QuoteKarol O'Neill. He was simply awesome. I know he's a clubmate and I'll be accused of bias but I firmly believe that at present there is no better wing back in the county

I would agree to an extent-he has been injury plagued for much of his career. If he can stay injury free i would have him on starting 15.

Results are on the indo. Tourlestrane beat Bunniadden 1-6 to 0-11, Curry beat Harps, Ballymote hammered Castlconnor, Easkey beat Marys.

magpie seanie

Intersting picture emerging in Div 1a. Mary's for the drop? The Curry juggernaut rolls on. Tourlestrane tipping away nicely. I hear they are training very well and are going to be seriously fit this year.

Mano

Was talking to one of the lads a few weeks ago and training is going very well. More with the ball unlike last years expensive mistake. Still a few lads to come back in from Australia and England but tipping along nicely so far.

Owenmoresider

Round 3 Results in full:

Bunninadden 1-6 Tourlestrane 0-11
Castleconnor 0-8 Ballymote 1-17
Curry 2-7 Eastern Harps 1-6
St. Mary's 0-3 Easkey 2-13

Tubbercurry 2-7 St. John's 0-9
Shamrock Gaels 0-10 Enniscrone 0-5
Drumcliffe/Rosses Point 1-9 St. Farnan's 0-12
Calry/St. Joseph's 1-8 Coolera/Strandhill 1-10

Coolera/Strandhill 0-4 St. Michael's 2-15
St. Molaise Gaels 2-11 Geevagh 3-8
Owenmore Gaels 2-7 Eastern Harps 2-5
St. Pat's 2-8 Coolaney/Mullinabreena 1-11

Cloonacool 2-12 St. Mary's 1-2
St. Michael's w/o Calry/St. Joseph's
St. Farnan's 2-6 Curry 0-12
Easkey 4-7 Ballisodare 0-8

Mary's look fecked, Ballymote doing OK, Tubber on a roll, Enniscrone heading down, 2A is wide open, Pat's got a good point, looking bleak for Coolera, one faller in 2B and Ballisodare? The heart bleeds.

Owenmoresider

The leagues as they stand at present:

Div 1A:
T'strane 5, Curry 5, Ballymote 4, Harps 4, Easkey 2, Bunnies 2, C'connor 2, Mary's 0.

Div 1B:
Tubber 6, Drumcliffe 5, Coolera 4, ShamGls 4, Calry 2, John's 2, Farnan's 1, E'crone 0.

Div 2A:
Geevagh 5, OmoreGls 4, Harps 4, StMolG 4, M'breena 4, Michael's 2, Pat's 1, Coolera 0.

Div 2B:
Curry 5, Farnan's 5, Easkey 4, Michael's 4, Cloonacool 3, Ballisodare 1, Mary's 0, Calry 0.

Stop Division 2A now....

Owenmoresider

Ocean FM had the fixtures up for the Leo Kenny Cup, four Sligo clubs taking part, Seanie ye should beat Glenfarne/Kilty surely?

CONNACHT SENIOR CLUB FOOTBALL COMPETITION 2007
LEO KENNY MEMORIAL CUP.
* No postponements allowed. If unable to play game is forfeited. All
games played on Tuesdays at 7.30pm.
* First named team has Home venue. They may take up a gate and are
requested to provide refreshments for travelling team.
* If game is drawn Extra time ( 10 minutes per half). If game is still
level toss for choice of ends and first to score wins the game.

ROUND 1. TUESDAY 24th April 2007.
Referee.
Salthill/Knocknacarra(G) v Ballinrobe(M)  F Kinneen
An Cheathru Rua(G) v Louisburgh(M) M O Corrain
Castlerea ® v Mountbellew/Moylough(G) V Hardiman
St Mary's(L) v Roscommon Gaels ® P Carney
St Aidan's ® v Mohill(L) H Beirne
Glenfarne/Kilty(L) v Coolera/Strandhill(S) M Leyden
Ballinaglera(L) v Annaduff(L) E Stenson
Ballina Stephenites(M) v Castleconnor(S) V Neary
Geevagh(S) v Claremorris(M) S Regan
Clann na nGael ® v Knockmore(M) D Hunt

The Following received a bye to Round 2.
Padraig Pearses (R ), Curry(S),Westport (M), Allen Gaels (L),Charlestown (M)

magpie seanie

Its all about who you have available but we'd be hopeful alright. Without our county boys though we're a lot weaker than you'd think (and I don't think it likely we'd have them for this!).

We used to go out to Glenfarne's tournament regularly there for a good few years. After the match it was back for sambos (loads of them), pints, darts and cards before the windy road back! One place you extra extra never want to be a sub as the midges would ate you.

magpie seanie

Won by 5 in the end in against Glenfarne/Kilty. Both sides missing many regulars but a good run out nonetheless.

paddypastit

Claremorris couldn't raise a team for the Geevagh match - they had to ate the wimmin's sangwidges themselves
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Teeling Gael

Strange situation in Geevagh / St Molaises Gaels match at weekend were all official results calling the game a draw yet St Molaises Gaels describing  a memorable 1 point victory in their club notes and Geevagh club notes barely mentioning the match at all.

magpie seanie

Picked this up from Oceanfm's website. Tasty tie for us in the round 3! Are you there Stephenite?!!

Leo Kenny Cup - Round 1 Results and Rounds 2 and 3 Fixtures
Salthill/Knocknacarra(G) 0-7 v Ballinrobe (M) 1-4
(Salthill win on Toss)

An Cheathru Rua(G) 1-8 v Louisburgh(M) 0-12

Castlerea(R)Scr v Mountbellew/MLough(G) w/o

St Mary's(L)w/o v Roscommon Gls (R) Scr

St Aidan's (R) 3-10 v Mohill(L) 1-10

Glenfarne(L) 0-8 v Coolera/Strandhill(S) 2-7

Ballinaglera(L) 0-2 v Annaduff(L) 2-9

Ballina(M)w/o v Castleconnor(S) Scr

Geevagh(S)w/o v Claremorris(M) Scr

Clan na Gael(R) 1-7 v Knockmore(M) 1-7 (4-3 Penalties)

ROUND 2. TUESDAY 1st May 2007.
Referee.

A: Moy Davitts v Easkey
B: Charlestown v Western Gaels

ROUND 3. TUESDAY 8th May 2007.

Louisburgh(M) v Salthill/Knocknacarra (G)
Padraig Pearses v Mountbellew/MLough(G)
St Mary's(L) v Curry(S)
Allen Gaels(L) v St Aidan's (R )
Ballina (M) v Coolera/Strandhill(S)
Geevagh(S) v Annaduff(L)
Clan na Gael(R) v Winners B
Westport (M) v Winners A

QUARTER FINALS: TUESDAY 15th MAY
SEMI-FINALS: TUESDAY 22nd MAY