Brick Tamlin

So much anger.
You're a bit of a dick to be fair.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 20, 2020, 05:24:08 PM
So much anger.
You're a bit of a dick to be fair.
;D

My family had a lot of pressure during all this! Both myself and my wife trying to juggle our busy jobs along with minding and trying to teach children. We have no support levels as no close family live close to us. We have watched people laze about (in some cases) on full pay or on the €350. Telling us of their cooking exploits, their sleeping in, their weeks of drinking wine, watching boxsets, fixing up around their house. All the while like fools we remained stuck in the rat race with extras and for what. Bigger taxes down the line. So, the logical thing to do was join the passe.

There is no more anger. Life is good. Besides what do you care your taxes will have nothing to do with me.

From the Bunker

Great that this has been extended til the 10th of August. Have really enjoyed my time off and got loads of stuff done around the house. Got to spend time with the kids doing homework and sport skills. You can see the improvement in them in both. My neighbours who have public sector jobs been on full wages and doing little or no work clearly disapprove of me getting the payments. Asking me when am I going back to work. I return ask them the same question. As far as they are concerned checking e-mails is work.  The snobbery is gas!

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2020, 09:51:54 PM
Great that this has been extended til the 10th of August. Have really enjoyed my time off and got loads of stuff done around the house. Got to spend time with the kids doing homework and sport skills. You can see the improvement in them in both. My neighbours who have public sector jobs been on full wages and doing little or no work clearly disapprove of me getting the payments. Asking me when am I going back to work. I return ask them the same question. As far as they are concerned checking e-mails is work.  The snobbery is gas!

Checking emails is indeed work, if you then do the action required.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on July 11, 2020, 02:12:19 AM

To be fair they do work an hour or two a day! They are not total dossers! One is a teacher, so she is on official holidays now. Anyway we are all in this together, doing our bit staying away from people. It's getting late, these sleep ins sure make it hard to go to bed early!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2020, 02:33:15 AM

To be fair they do work an hour or two a day! They are not total dossers! One is a teacher, so she is on official holidays now. Anyway we are all in this together, doing our bit staying away from people. It's getting late, these sleep ins sure make it hard to go to bed early!

Great.

Thanks for letting us all know about your neighbours jobs and wellbeing too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2020, 07:54:56 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2020, 02:33:15 AM

Great.

Thanks for letting us all know about your neighbours jobs and wellbeing too.

You are welcome Far! I've found this crisis has brought the best out in people.

From the Bunker

Looks like I'm going to have to stretch this covid Payment lark out for another couple of weeks with the likelihood of the schools not opening. Have to say the Government played a blinder giving me €350 for the summer months. Along with improvements round the house which has never looked as good, it's great to get to go through some Soccer and Gaelic drills with the kids. Plenty of time for heading off on an adventures with the family during the good weather.

Mental and Body health has never been better. And my outlook is so positive.

My Civil servant neighbours are none to impressed. Both still ''working'' from home!

From the Bunker

Back to work today! Kids are back to school. Back to a sort of normal. Going to miss the sleep ins, the extra time spent at making meals and the time with the kids. But like my Civil servant neighbours, we put our shoulder to the wheel and pushed ourselves of of this together. It wasn't easy!

Milltown Row2

That's it till you retire, 15 or so years for me!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM