Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2017, 05:10:58 PM
DUP only voted leave cause shiners said stay, Thatcherism (dead), slashed wages (hasn't happened) the rich will always make money (as they do in every other country)

Arlene Foster lives in Fermanagh, a place where there is a hardly a job that isn't related to cross border trade or agriculture. Yes she promoted this Brexit, when are in a situation where the DUP are willing to ruin the place just to spite the Taigs then we have clearly reach the point when NI has reached the end of its usefulness.

QuoteI hope your not going to be too disappointed if your doomsday doesn't happen... anyways what's happening with Enda? Now that's incompetence at a higher level

More immature attempts to cause "controversy" rather than the subject of the thread. The doomsday situation probably won;t happen, but the fact that such a scenario is widely promoted by people in power is rather alarming.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on February 19, 2017, 05:37:19 PM
DUP only voted leave cause shiners said stay, Thatcherism (dead), slashed wages (hasn't happened) the rich will always make money (as they do in every other country)

Arlene Foster lives in Fermanagh, a place where there is a hardly a job that isn't related to cross border trade or agriculture. Yes she promoted this Brexit, when are in a situation where the DUP are willing to ruin the place just to spite the Taigs then we have clearly reach the point when NI has reached the end of its usefulness.

QuoteI hope your not going to be too disappointed if your doomsday doesn't happen... anyways what's happening with Enda? Now that's incompetence at a higher level

More immature attempts to cause "controversy" rather than the subject of the thread. The doomsday situation probably won;t happen, but the fact that such a scenario is widely promoted by people in power is rather alarming.

Seafoid has put up one doomsday post after another... as for the DUP even their own politicians said she should have walked...

Example today when Sammy came around canvassing said to the father in law can I expect your vote, he told him not a chance and told Sammy Arlene shoulda walked, he agreed and came back with responses it's either us or the shinners! Tribal politics pure gutter politics..

Let's not speculate on something we can't speculate on cause even the ones in power don't know, and as of yet I've not spoken to anyone who either works in private sector public sector or bankers who have said they are getting it tight..

Are you suffering at the minute?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2017, 05:52:55 PM

Seafoid has put up one doomsday post after another... as for the DUP even their own politicians said she should have walked...

Example today when Sammy came around canvassing said to the father in law can I expect your vote, he told him not a chance and told Sammy Arlene shoulda walked, he agreed and came back with responses it's either us or the shinners! Tribal politics pure gutter politics..

Let's not speculate on something we can't speculate on cause even the ones in power don't know, and as of yet I've not spoken to anyone who either works in private sector public sector or bankers who have said they are getting it tight..

Sketch a positive Brexit outcome MR so we can examine it

armaghniac

Seafoid does tend to post a lot of stuff, but a link to research at one of the world's top universities is more use than ranting about facists.

QuoteExample today when Sammy came around canvassing said to the father in law can I expect your vote, he told him not a chance and told Sammy Arlene shoulda walked, he agreed and came back with responses it's either us or the shinners! Tribal politics pure gutter politics..

What do you expect from a pig but a grunt? However, for all that they have mainly managed to keep things within bounds in recent years.

QuoteLet's not speculate on something we can't speculate on cause even the ones in power don't know, and as of yet I've not spoken to anyone who either works in private sector public sector or bankers who have said they are getting it tight..

What's the point of a thread if you cannot express an opinion? Many many people say they are not getting it right, but still they are not stopping!

QuoteAre you suffering at the minute?

Your concern is very comforting. I have a sore back, and a cough.
But if you mean am I suffering from Brexit, then I am not and I do not expect to, except indirectly as chaos breaks out in the 6 counties.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2017, 06:16:36 PM

I can't and neither can you... never happened before
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2017, 04:55:53 PM
Brexit is the next logical stage of Thatcherism. Strip workers of rights and slash their wages so the rich make even more money. Sell them bullshit so they sign off their own pauperisation.  The DUP is so incompetent.

The rich will always make money, as MR2 said. The system will always be set up to screw ordinary folk, whether in Europe or out.

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on February 19, 2017, 06:48:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2017, 04:55:53 PM
Brexit is the next logical stage of Thatcherism. Strip workers of rights and slash their wages so the rich make even more money. Sell them bullshit so they sign off their own pauperisation.  The DUP is so incompetent.

The rich will always make money, as MR2 said. The system will always be set up to screw ordinary folk, whether in Europe or out.
The economy goes in cycles. Thuas seal, thíos seal. Capital v labour. One side goes too far and the other takes over. We are near a turning point.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2017, 06:34:36 PM

Why do you think Brexit is superior to the present set up?

No wides

It hasn't happened yet. Why do you think it's not?

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on February 19, 2017, 08:07:42 PM
It hasn't happened yet. Why do you think it's not?

47.9% of UK exports go to the EU 27 free of tariffs.
Brexit will result in higher tariffs and documentation delays.

Maybe someone can explain how this will be a positive influence.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2017, 07:06:36 PM

I didn't.... but let's look at it when Britain has no trade deals and ends up like Greece in the gutter. Then at that point I'll say Christ your man Seafoid knew his stuff!

Until then I'm going to work as normal, save a bit, pay off my mortgage hopefully help my kids get through college and plan my retirement! Be positive seafoid wake up with a smile, you'll feel better

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2017, 08:55:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2017, 07:06:36 PM

I didn't.... but let's look at it when Britain has no trade deals and ends up like Greece in the gutter. Then at that point I'll say Christ your man Seafoid knew his stuff!

Until then I'm going to work as normal, save a bit, pay off my mortgage hopefully help my kids get through college and plan my retirement! Be positive seafoid wake up with a smile, you'll feel better
That is fair enough, MR. I used to think things would always be stable and that people in charge knew what they were doing. But then AIB collapsed. We are going through a very volatile phase.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/20/one-in-four-uk-families-have-less-than-95-in-savings-report-finds

In a sign of growing financial strain, low-income families had just £95 of savings and investments, excluding pensions, this winter, compared with £136 in the same period last year. That figure jumps to £62,885 among high-income families, up from £50,208 a year earlier.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/shrinkflation-10-food-products-have-got-smaller-since-brexit/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 20, 2017, 10:24:27 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/20/one-in-four-uk-families-have-less-than-95-in-savings-report-finds

In a sign of growing financial strain, low-income families had just £95 of savings and investments, excluding pensions, this winter, compared with £136 in the same period last year. That figure jumps to £62,885 among high-income families, up from £50,208 a year earlier.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/shrinkflation-10-food-products-have-got-smaller-since-brexit/

Creme eggs! which is not a bad thing as it will keep the waist line thinner

seafoid

And fish fingers. Hurting poor people especially.