Canada -US Travel Question

Started by venter, June 29, 2008, 04:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venter

Hello. Does anyone know if a Visa is required to travel form Canada to the US? I plan to travel from Toronto to Buffalo, either with a rental car or on the Greyhound! . I will not be going back to Canada as I'll be travelling to other parts of the states before going home from US.

Niall Quinn

I think they'll give you the little green 3 month visa waiver form to fill out at the border. You don't need to do anything ahead of time as far as I know.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

armaghniac

I think they do charge you something ($6 I think) for the Visa Waiver at the border, although they don't when arriving by plane.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The squinted eye

Went across Border to go to Toronto years ago, was waved through and asked the customs official to stamp my passport. Asked me for some type of form along with my J1. Didnt have it so he would not let me through. After a 10 hour drive to get there. Went along to another border crossing and got in the boot. Dogs barking away and the others in the car got a grilling but we got over fine, had to go back in the boot on the way home too.

Was told after that I would deffo have got prison if i was caught

venter

Thanks for the info lads. Squinted Eye, maybe it was something to do with you being in the US for an extended period of time if you were working there for a summer with J1.
I think I'll  do as niall and armagniac suggested and just show up on the day( but you have me slightly worried)

tyssam5

No visa needed, you should have no problems at all. Have you the ticket home booked yet?

venter

Yeah I have the ticket home booked from Boston. In between that I am going from the US to  Bermuda and back to the US again. Any likely problems there do ya thing?