The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Watched the Pettis Porrier fight yesterday. Super stuff, absolutely brutal.  Disappointing stoppage, don't know what happened to Pettis, may have cracked a rib, but don't think he could have taken much more.  Had to have lost at least a pint of blood.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 13, 2017, 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on November 11, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
If you can't get your head round the difference between "a bit mouthy" and throwing a punch at someone, there's no point in me trying to explain the justice system or that Ched was found not guilty on appeal for the precise reasons I argued he should be.

I doubt he really threw a punch.  If he tried to I'm sure he would connect.

There's video evidence. . . he definitely threw a punch!

But sure we're just begrudgers who hate to see an Irishman with success. So what if he's a complete sc**bag he's our complete sc**bag so it's alright!

The Gs Man

Quote from: HiMucker on November 13, 2017, 09:33:01 AM
Watched the Pettis Porrier fight yesterday. Super stuff, absolutely brutal.  Disappointing stoppage, don't know what happened to Pettis, may have cracked a rib, but don't think he could have taken much more.  Had to have lost at least a pint of blood.

He looked completely spaced out for about 20 seconds before he tapped even though he wasn't locked in to any kind of choke or move or whatever.  He was basically just trying to get out of bottom position.

Think the blood loss and the lack of energy got to him and he couldn't go on.

Great scrap though.

What about that elbow finish from Matt Brown?  Deadly!
Keep 'er lit

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 13, 2017, 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on November 11, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
If you can't get your head round the difference between "a bit mouthy" and throwing a punch at someone, there's no point in me trying to explain the justice system or that Ched was found not guilty on appeal for the precise reasons I argued he should be.

I doubt he really threw a punch.  If he tried to I'm sure he would connect.

There's very clear video footage.

HiMucker

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 13, 2017, 11:14:56 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 13, 2017, 09:33:01 AM

He looked completely spaced out for about 20 seconds before he tapped even though he wasn't locked in to any kind of choke or move or whatever.  He was basically just trying to get out of bottom position.

Think the blood loss and the lack of energy got to him and he couldn't go on.

Great scrap though.

What about that elbow finish from Matt Brown?  Deadly!
Brilliant, completely poleaxed him with it.

thebigfella

Seen a few videos there of McGregor after. Looks off his nut on something tbh.

Smokin Joe

The Matt Brown elbow looked to me to be behind the ear.
Is the ear not as far back as you can strike someone on the head?

Boycey

I see Conor is still 'in good spirits' today, ahem ::)

gallsman

The Brown elbow was absolutely savage, but more to the point, Diego Sanchez should have retired years ago (Brown too in fairness) and somebody needs to stop him from his own bravery/stupidity.

gallsman

Bisping KOed badly less than three weeks after getting badly hurt and strangled by GSP.

Absolutely disgraceful decision not to protect him from his own bravery/stupidity.

Gabriel_Hurl

Some rumours doing the rounds on social media of Conor beating up some lad in a pub in Crumlin last night

Syferus

Less dodgy would be Manny Paq angling for a big money match with McGregor. The lad is the biggest draw in boxing after one fight.

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2017, 09:09:11 PM
Some rumours doing the rounds on social media of Conor beating up some lad in a pub in Crumlin last night

The rumours don't end there. The lad he allegedly smacked us supposedly "connect"

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on November 27, 2017, 09:48:50 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2017, 09:09:11 PM

The rumours don't end there. The lad he allegedly smacked us supposedly "connect"

Was always going to end in a blaze of fire for McGregor!! All this nonsense about it being a show and only business was hilarious... he's proven time and time again he's got no class I'm sure we'll hear more about this over the next few days.

MacKenna is well happy with himself!!

Don Johnson

Got a few voice notes on whatsapp this morning about the whole thing. He's supposedly hit a fella Whelan who is well connected. Loada names going about including some fella Byrne related to someone who died at the Regency. Nuts altogether.

Get the popcorn out anyway.