The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

It be a c u n t if they went and lost the qualifier now  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Fair play to spurs. Good to see a fresh name in the top 4. :)

stew

Shane will no doubt be kind enough to come in and let us know when we can expect the Spuds to fall down dead and fail to qualify for the CL.

Totteringham no more, they are an exciting side that will make the CL better by it's presence and as for City and it's supporters, money dont necessarily buy class.  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ross4life

Congrats Spurs i wonder how that result makes Archie Mitchell feel (AWOL since Manchester Derby)
millions more spent than spurs not only did beat city to the CL they did it in by beating City's in there own backyard :o

Well Done

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on May 05, 2010, 10:04:21 PM
Fair play to spurs. Good to see a fresh name in the top 4. :)

Yeah, well done Spurs! Still more work to be done in qualifying for the group stages, so they will be depending on a lucky draw. But for now they are in the right place.

As for Man City, to most they have become the 'New Chelsea' and with that comes begrudgery. Not qualifying is a major blow as they will not attract better players for next season.

Milltown Row2

well they were bound to lose (City) cause i backed them ;D

ok i'll use that formula on Chelsea at the weekend ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

Couldn't Spurs finish 3rd and so have less qualifying rounds?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 05, 2010, 10:12:21 PM
Couldn't Spurs finish 3rd and so have less qualifying rounds?

Finishing 3rd guarantees league stage.

ross4life

When Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in 1983 Cup Winnners cup Final i'll always remember the Quote...

Alfredo Di Stefano, "Aberdeen have what money can't buy, a soul; a team built in a family tradition"

Spurs might not be quiet that but City can't buy everything with money
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 05, 2010, 10:03:40 PM

Dont be letting the CL be bothering you next year, you'll be able to concentrate of knocking Fulham out of the Europa. At least Torres won't be going to Citeh now! 30 years of following spurs does give me the entitlement to be smug tonight. Redknapp played a blinder tonight, King was also unreal. COYS!!! ;D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on May 05, 2010, 10:18:19 PM

Dont be letting the CL be bothering you next year, you'll be able to concentrate of knocking FAulham out of the Europa. At least Torres won't be going to Citeh now! 30 years of following spurs does give me the entitlement to be smug tonight. Redknapp played a blinder tonight, King was also unreal. COYS!!! ;D

But it WOULD be a c u n t if they didn't qualify!
Joking aside there are some good teams in the qualifying stages.

Oh I hear Russell is back on the tools?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

This is typical Spurs. They'll get close to 3rd, c**k it up with a last minute goal on Sunday, then c**k up the CL qualifier against Mallorca, exit the Europa early and finish mid-table. Redknapp will financially ruin the club as he has every other, be jailed for a year, and normality will be resumed.

You gotta love their cotton socks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on May 05, 2010, 10:18:19 PM

Dont be letting the CL be bothering you next year, you'll be able to concentrate of knocking Fulham out of the Europa. At least Torres won't be going to Citeh now! 30 years of following spurs does give me the entitlement to be smug tonight. Redknapp played a blinder tonight, King was also unreal. COYS!!! ;D

Fair play to you An Gailgeor, I know too well what it is like following a team that breaks your heart year after year, enjoy the moment and get ready to do some serious damage next season, the Spurs will be a breath of fresh air in the CL next year and they will be around at the business end of things I would imagine.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2010, 10:25:58 PM
This is typical Spurs. They'll get close to 3rd, c**k it up with a last minute goal on Sunday, then c**k up the CL qualifier against Mallorca, exit the Europa early and finish mid-table. Redknapp will financially ruin the club as he has every other, be jailed for a year, and normality will be resumed.

You gotta love their cotton socks.

A bitter Gooner, always nice to hear from ye! Maybe the professor could take a lesson from city tonight in the art of losing with dignity. Roll on Sunday ( eidted becuase i'm a bangwagoner not a bandwagoner, sorry forum)!

Dinny Breen

QuoteRoll on  Saturday!

Typical Bangwagoner doesn't even know when the games are..

Anyway Spurs have done well and I'm sure it's nice for Fearon, Wobbler, Owenmoresider et al who would have put with some abuse over the last few years, enjoy the UCL boys.
#newbridgeornowhere