The N Word

Started by Kerry Mike, June 08, 2007, 12:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd

What about the MOBO awards (Music Of Black Origin), i remember Chris Moyles blowing a gasket saying it was really racist, something along the lines of Elvis was inspired by black music why the f**k didnt he get a MOBO.......

down22

I  have more of a problem with the MOBO awards . I hate the fact that generally most white singers are labelled 'pop' and black singers 'r&b' when there is precious little difference in the music, only difference is the singer's race. (I'm talking about the generic pop acts here). But I think that's a problem with the music industry itself.

But I see Lady Sovereign is nominated for a MOBO (Best UK Newcomer) and she's white

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts/music/news/article1219490.ece

mannix

NOT MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT IF THIS RUBBISH IS NEWSWORTHY.
I HAVE NOT WATCHED TV APART FROM SOME SPORTS EVENTS IN 2 YEARS, IT ANNOYS ME TO THE LAST,EVEN WHEN I HEAR THE RADIO IT STARTS TO ANNOY ME, FALSE ACCENTS TALKING ABOUT TRAFFIC,CELEBRITIES AND THE LATEST CRICKET SCORE OF SRI LANKA AND TIMBUKTOU WHICH IS ON TEA BREAK AS WE SPEAK BUT SRI LANKA HAVE BOWLED WELL.
UNSURE IF IS MY AGE OR WHAT BUT I REALLY COULD NOT CARE ANY LESS ABOUT TV TODAY.