Cheap Flights To Paris

Started by gallsman, June 03, 2007, 11:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Lads, anyone got any tips for getting to Paris for cheap? Planning to go over the weekend of the 29 June to 1st July, pereferably out on the Friday and in on the Sunday, but would be willing to go out the Thursday and back the Monday if needs be. Cheapest flights I've been able to find so far are £165, which is considerably more than I was hoping to pay! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gallsman

Cheers hardstation. Forgot to mention that I would be willing to fly from either Belfast or Dublin.

john mcgill

Try www.skyscanner.net  It will give you all the budget flights from both airports.

saffron sam2

Quote from: gallsman on June 03, 2007, 11:43:56 PM
Lads, anyone got any tips for getting to Paris for cheap? Planning to go over the weekend of the 29 June to 1st July, pereferably out on the Friday and in on the Sunday, but would be willing to go out the Thursday and back the Monday if needs be. Cheapest flights I've been able to find so far are £165, which is considerably more than I was hoping to pay! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Any time we have gone to Paris, Air France from Dublin to Charles de Gaulle has proved the cheapest provided you stay at least three nights.  We went last July and the difference in terms of flight prices for a two night or three night trip was 300 Euros.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Bensars

Another very good site is www.moneysavingexpert.com

the go to flightchecker. Although easyjet wont playball with the site, most other airlines will. The biggest advantage is you can compare flights times and companies immediatley.

MacDanger

Heard that there were relatively cheap flights ex shannon about a week ago, might be worth checking out.

gallsman

Cheers lads. I'm aware of Ryanair, but they fly to Beauvais, which is a good 60 miles north of Paris, then theres a 13 euro coach ride in which dumps you in the middle of nowhere!

The Bottom Brick

Quotethen theres a 13 euro coach ride in which dumps you in the middle of nowhere!

Not exactly the middle of nowhere, it's the city centre right beside the James Joyce
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Hardy

The Ryanair option is well worth considering, in my experience. You get through arrivals and onto the bus very fast and you're half way down the road to Paris before you'd be out of the CDG baggage hall. At least that was the case up to the last time I used Ryanair a year or so ago. And, as Bottom Brick says, Port Maillot is at least as convenient as Gare du Nord, where the RER from CDG takes you. Anyway, anyplace in Paris is easily accessible from everywhere else in Paris because of the absolutely excellent Metro.

But don't go into the James Joyce, unless you enjoy being fleeced.

The Bottom Brick

4 euro for a coke in that kip!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

gallsman

Cheers lads, but there could be a change of plan. Will probably be flying out Monday the 25th now, and still probably coming home the Sunday. Getting free accomodation, so can't really complain about flights!