Stephen Nolan's £500k BBC Salary last year!

Started by T Fearon, July 19, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on July 19, 2017, 02:49:41 PM
No-one is forced to pay a licence fee - if you don't want to have a licence don't get an aerial in the house.  IMO Nolan is good value for money - the salary is across 4 shows and he on a good bit less than that ultra mouth piece on ITV Piers Morgan

Not strictly true;

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to;
      watch or record live TV programmes on any channel
      download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.
This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

you'd realistically need to cut yourself off from any form of media to not have to pay a TV license.

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on July 19, 2017, 02:34:22 PM
Sat beside him literally at the Man Utd V Liverpool game at Old Trafford in Dec 14,I won VIP trip.He arrived late,never spoke the whole time,played with his phone the entire part of the game,sat on his own during the interval in the stand seat,even though there was hospitality on offer in an adjoining suite,and left ten minutes before the end uttering his first words of the afternoon "Cheerio Now!" A complete enigma

I wonder if Nolan paid for this own ticket?
Testing Accessibility

DennistheMenace

ziggysego

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 19, 2017, 03:33:39 PM
He's a season ticket holder I thought.

So Tony as some cheek then giving out about how Nolan conducted himself at the match, when he himself was there on another freebie.
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

I listen to him on Five Live at the weekends. Helps me wind down.

Does he over-emphasize his accent?

Do all ye Nordie bize say poines when saying pounds?

He did some sort of a program a few years ago when he came Dine Site. I thought he came across as a complete and utter tool - fcuk sake - he was acting as if he was Columbus exploring Amerikay.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 19, 2017, 03:44:35 PM

Does he over-emphasize his accent?

Do all ye Nordie bize say poines when saying pounds?

He did some sort of a program a few years ago when he came Dine Site. I thought he came across as a complete and utter tool - fcuk sake - he was acting as if he was Columbus exploring Amerikay.

He's a useful fat **** and that's that.

red hander

Sat beside him literally at the Man Utd V Liverpool game at Old Trafford in Dec 14,I won VIP trip.He arrived late,never spoke the whole time,played with his phone the entire part of the game,sat on his own during the interval in the stand seat,even though there was hospitality on offer in an adjoining suite,and left ten minutes before the end uttering his first words of the afternoon "Cheerio Now!" A complete enigma

I understand that him playing with his phone, particularly the camera, is a favourite pastime...

magpie seanie

Quote from: ziggysego on July 19, 2017, 03:30:22 PM

I wonder if Nolan paid for this own ticket?

I wonder if he knew who he was sitting beside as he fumbled nervously with his phone.....probably texting the police....

seafoid

According to the Grauniad Nolan comes in at number 9

1. Chris Evans £2.2m - £2.25m
2. Gary Lineker £1.75m - £1.8m
3. Graham Norton £850,0000 - £899,999
4. Jeremy Vine £700,000 - £749,999
5. John Humphrys £600,000 - £649,999
6. Huw Edwards £550,000 - £599,999
7. Steve Wright £500,000 - £549,999
= 8. Claudia Winkleman £450,000 - £499,999
= 8. Matt Baker £450,000 - £499,999
= 9. Nicky Campbell £400,000 - £449,999
= 9. Andrew Marr £400,000 - £449,999
= 9. Stephen Nolan £400,000 - £449,999

It's in sterling of course so it's not worth as much as it used to
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

No-one is forced to pay a licence fee - if you don't want to have a licence don't get an aerial in the house.  IMO Nolan is good value for money - the salary is across 4 shows and he on a good bit less than that ultra mouth piece on ITV Piers Morgan

What is an aerial?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

general_lee

He captured perfectly the generic greater Belfast Protestant/Unionist who not only think Ireland is a different country but is also part of a different dimension. These plonkers have seldom if at all set foot in "Ireland" except maybe to go to Dublin for a shopping trip or a weekend in Donegal. It's mind boggling how ignorant they are of the land mass on which they live

armaghniac

Nolan has only managed to help me wind up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on July 19, 2017, 04:55:02 PM

What is an aerial?

It is an antenna in the air.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: red hander on July 19, 2017, 04:29:10 PM

I understand that him playing with his phone, particularly the camera, is a favourite pastime...

Depends on the location 😉

The Trap

How is lineker worth that much? Or Claudia winkleman........