Saint Theresa of Calcutta

Started by T Fearon, September 04, 2016, 08:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

One of the greatest things Teresa did was refusing Hardstation a pastie supper in the chippy when she worked here part time whilst general nunning in the West Belfast area.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

smelmoth

This "miracle" business starts at the level of horseshit and the church does not one single thing to elevate it above this level.

How can anybody take this nonsense seriously? and how anybody take these church figures and indeed church seriously when it weds itself to such obvious lies and fakery.

Anjezë Bojaxhiu did not perform any miracles. She devoted almost all of her time to doing what she thought was right to help those in desperate need. It is a great pity that she was horribly deluded in so many respects as to what these people actually needed and how best to help. It is a matter of deep concern that so many did so little to end the madness and put things right. It is a matter of acute embarrassment that so many cannot meaningfully engage in a genuine evaluation of what the woman did? what led her to do it and who should have intervened. To continue the evasion and carry through with the cannonisation is an exercise in screaming to the world that the minds running the church are entirely devoid of critical analysis and intelligent thought.

T Fearon

Don't you know faith is not amenable to reason or logic.If it were,it wouldn't be faith it would be either fact or fiction.

Miracles do happen,people recover from terminal cancer,or turn their lives around.Scientists are baffled too and frequently

thebigfella

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2016, 08:58:33 PM
Don't you know faith is not amenable to reason or logic.If it were,it wouldn't be faith it would be either fact or fiction.

Miracles do happen,people recover from terminal cancer,or turn their lives around.Scientists are baffled too and frequently

yep there are plenty of stories of people being raised from the dead. FFS   :D

smelmoth

Don't you know faith is not amenable to reason or logic.

I know that people of faith are neither logical nor reasonable.
I know that you are a man of particularly strong faith and everything that goes wit it.

If it were,it wouldn't be faith it would be either fact or fiction.
Faith does not sit outside fact/fiction. The things you believe in are either fact or fiction. Now what facts can you point to?

Does does someone recovering from cancer make it a miracle?

Now limbs growing back. That would be a a miracle. How many times have people with these miraculous powers done that?

T Fearon

Believers obviously believe in the supernatural power of God,therefore when someone recovers from previously diagnosed terminal cancer for example,that is inexplicable to the medical profession,that in my opinion is a miracle.There have been numerous such cures,unexplained,at Lourdes for example.

But far more important for me anyway is the Saintly life led by Saint Mother Theresa,the main factor in her canonisation.

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2016, 09:26:56 PM
Believers obviously believe in the supernatural power of God,therefore when someone recovers from previously diagnosed terminal cancer for example,that is inexplicable to the medical profession,that in my opinion is a miracle.There have been numerous such cures,unexplained,at Lourdes for example.

But far more important for me anyway is the Saintly life led by Saint Mother Theresa,the main factor in her canonisation.

The current running total for cures claimed by the church is 4. All four are things that can go away (and have done so in people who haven't anywhere near the south of france). At least 3 of the people where receiving medical treatment for their complaint.

So how many legs have grown back? How many holes in the heart have repaired?

What is a "saintly life"? The serial denial of medical treatment to the dying? Would that be saintly?

bennydorano

If he'd any respect for the woman he wouldn't have started this thread, as he knew full well what would develop. A fraud of the highest order & I'm not talking about MT.

T Fearon

I started the thread to express my admiration and joy at this canonisation

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2016, 10:11:03 PM
I started the thread to express my admiration and joy at this canonisation
Couldn't care why you started the thread. You openly admit to little grasp of either logic or reason so its not going to be easy to establish your motivations for anything.

So what is this admiration at this cannonisation lark?

Why admire any cannonisation? Surely all cannonisations are linked to this whole miracle bunkum? Surely each and every cannonisation just brings more ridicule on your church? Is it not just more evidence of the church having to hold to something that previous management signed up to and now they have to perpetuate the lie, no matter how cringe inducing to avoid admitting the whole thing is horseshit? Its like the "Jesus died to absolve us all of original sin" nonsense? Try getting someone to admit to to the existence of Adam & Eve and you will see how many people believe the original sin lie? But without the lie the whole "dying for our sins" skullduggery evaporates. And the hose of cards collapses?

Why admire this cannonisation? The woman was deeply flawed and needed to be stopped. To hang back and do nothing is bad. To laud the woman is in bad taste.

Nigel White

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2016, 09:47:54 PM
If he'd any respect for the woman he wouldn't have started this thread, as he knew full well what would develop. A fraud of the highest order & I'm not talking about MT.
You're 100% right Benny.  He knew exactly what he was doing and he knew the reaction it would provoke. As I said earlier he'd post about his late mother if he thought he could get a response.

ONeill

What was the miracle?

Mayo winning Sam?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Subbie

Name some.

Links would be good as well.

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on September 04, 2016, 09:33:10 PM

The current running total for cures claimed by the church is 4. All four are things that can go away (and have done so in people who haven't anywhere near the south of france). At least 3 of the people where receiving medical treatment for their complaint.

So how many legs have grown back? How many holes in the heart have repaired?

What is a "saintly life"? The serial denial of medical treatment to the dying? Would that be saintly?

Have you ever been to Lourdes? Genuine question. For me, and I've been 9/10 times and have yet to see someone get cured, the miracle is not in the cures but in the joy and happiness the place brings to people who have a lot of suffering in their lives. And to people who don't have as much suffering. Also on a personal note, one of my journeys there, a month after the death of my father, allowed to stay healing and that in itself was a miracle, tho not one the church would recognise.

T Fearon

Have been once,many years ago.Look if people get agitated by the canonisation of a nun who dedicated herself to the poor over a long life,and who had firm links to Ireland,then they have a serious problem🙄