Author Topic: Android Boxes  (Read 80055 times)

Boycey

• View Profile
Re: Android Boxes
« Reply #1170 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:09 PM »
I left sportsmania as I got fed up waiting for them to sort themselves out - don't be put off by that though - when its working its very good and its v flexible, ie. work well on phone/laptop/android app/kodi etc

I moved on to a dreamlink T1 plus and an IPTV sub. The EPG is miles better than anything I've had so far - recording works well as well.

Iíd say Sportsmanias goose is cooked, people have had 6 odd months to look at the alternatives a lot of which are superior... Any good IPTV sub should be every bit as flexible as Sportsmania

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 17, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
http://www.techradar.com/news/kodi-add-on-covenant-and-others-shut-down-in-face-of-legal-action

Addons have always come and gone but if the underlying 'magic' that holds it all together is being hit its definitely bad news!

A number of high-profile, hugely popular Kodi add-ons have been forced to shutdown due to legal threats against a developer in the Kodi community.
Add-ons including Covenant, Bennu and DeathStreams have ceased to function properly, as the creator of their underlying Colossus repository (the software that allows them to source and make sense of videos hosted across the internet) ended operations on his part of the chain. This includes the development of the URLresolver and Metahandler software which many third-party apps rely on.
The developer, known as jsergio123 online, was said to have been hand-delivered a cease-and-desist letter in the UK from the MPA/MPAA's Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment. Among the content providers cited in the letter threatening legal action were Disney, Sky UK, the Premier League, Netflix and Amazon, as well as a number of movie studios.

The action has been called for by the rights holders as the likes of Covenant can be used to easily find pirated entertainment materials, like films and TV shows, through Kodi. And, while Kodi itself as an open-source piece of software can legitimately and legally be used as a home media center, the likes of Covenant are built with the almost sole express purpose of giving access to copyrighted materials.
It's unclear yet as to whether another developer will take up the mantle left by jsergio123, but it's not the most attractive project given the legal risks. Following a series of similar takedown notices and legal efforts, it seems the tide may be finally turning against the Kodi pirates.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 17, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »
Ha, was trying to install Covenant last night and the repo was down. Some googling revealed all that which was disappointing. However, it also pointed me in the direction of Poseidon, which is a pretty good movie/TV add on
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 17, 2017, 10:38:14 PM »
Looked at sportsmania. Payment by Bitcoin. That's me snookered. Any other site I can use for the footy via my smartbox?

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 17, 2017, 11:19:14 PM »
Looked at sportsmania. Payment by Bitcoin. That's me snookered. Any other site I can use for the footy via my smartbox?

Hasnít it been said here in the last page or so that they dropped the bitcoin scheme and are taking PayPal?  Read back a couple of pages other options are mentioned..

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 18, 2017, 12:44:26 AM »

Hasnít it been said here in the last page or so that they dropped the bitcoin scheme and are taking PayPal?  Read back a couple of pages other options are mentioned..

They had but it was down very quickly, if ever up at all.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 18, 2017, 12:59:22 PM »

They had but it was down very quickly, if ever up at all.

Card payments were up for couple of days. Couple of mates were able to sign up. Taken down then because they had been Ď reported!!í