lennon leaves celtic

Started by the colonel, April 25, 2007, 12:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

I hear he isnt too popular a boy in his hometown of Lurgan
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Spiritof98

Fair play to Lennon, he did well for himself. But hs's well known to up up his own hole. Came back for Clan na Gael golf classic, went on the drink instead and then told everyone in the Ashburn he could the place 10x over
I'll go back if Marsdens back

the colonel

Quotedid he not get roasted by a pig farmer from Caley, a postman from Ayr and a disposal operative from Ayr in his time as well? Before boasting to them that he earned more in a week than they did in a year? Classy guy alright

i think you will find it was bellamy that was mouthing of for what he earned. not lennon.

the man mite have had limited abilities but he always busted his balls for the team and was always there to get stick from fans all over the country but he didn't care because he was playing for his team who he loved. bit of respect or the guy for his footballing career.  not his own personal life which i agree is a bit suspect, but thats not what we should be judging him on
the difference between success and failure is energy

SlimShady

Quote from: the colonel on April 25, 2007, 02:08:09 PM
Quotedid he not get roasted by a pig farmer from Caley, a postman from Ayr and a disposal operative from Ayr in his time as well? Before boasting to them that he earned more in a week than they did in a year? Classy guy alright

i think you will find it was bellamy that was mouthing of for what he earned. not lennon.

the man mite have had limited abilities but he always busted his balls for the team and was always there to get stick from fans all over the country but he didn't care because he was playing for his team who he loved. bit of respect or the guy for his footballing career.  not his own personal life which i agree is a bit suspect, but thats not what we should be judging him on

Respect? That sc**bag wouldnt know too much about respect. He should never have been made Captain of one of the worlds most famous clubs. Since he's had the captaincy he's been caught on camera giving the middle finger to away fans, spitting on an away teams scarf, arguing with one of Celtics own supporters after a 1 nil Old Firm defeat and then firing a water bottle into an empty away dugout! These are hardly the actions of a good Captain nor even in fact a respectable person.

Could you see Billy McNeil or Paul McStay at this lark? I don't think so.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: the colonel on April 25, 2007, 02:08:09 PM

The boul Lennon was at it too,to fans if my memory serves me right

"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

the colonel

QuoteCould you see Billy McNeil or Paul McStay at this lark? I don't think so

did you see mcneill or mcstay get that kind of abuse? even from their own fans? I don't think so. some celtic fans piss me off. your supposed to get behind your team. did you see any fans going mad at Boruc? it was celtics fault they got beat in that game, but sure lets take it out on Lennon because he is the easy target.

roy keane fought in pubs non stop when he was at Man United but he didn't get any abuse from fans?

SammyG

Quote from: the colonel on April 25, 2007, 01:18:26 PM
QuoteIs that the same Neil Lennon who gave a speech praising NI fans, a few weeks ago, or a different one?

what speech is this?

He sent a video message to the recent Football for All awards event, praising the NI supporters and acknowledging the work that's been done.

More details at http://www.irishfa.com/grassroots/football-for-all/awards-night-feb-07/

SlimShady

Dont mention Roy Keane in the same sentence as Lennon you tool. Unless of course it goes something like-

''Neil Lennon couldnt lace Roy Keanes boots''

Neil Lennon got/gets the stick because of the sc**bag he is. McStay and McNeil were/are pure gents of the game. It doesnt make pleasant reading for a Lennon-worshipper but its the truth.

Great Leap Forward

McNeill and McStay were gentlemen. That's the difference. Lennon has brought a lot of problems on himself.

He did well with the talant he had but in terms of defensive midfielders of the last 15 years he is a long way down the list. He is probably in the same bracket as Lee Carsley and Calton Palmer.

magpie seanie

Quoteroy keane fought in pubs non stop when he was at Man United but he didn't get any abuse from fans?

Do people actually think before they post this kind of drivel?

the colonel

i would be a tool to compare their footballing ability but did  I say that.

stick from away fans is fine, not as if i havent giving ferguson/ ricksen abuse in the past but getting constant abuse from your own fans is wrong. what does that contribute to the team. telfer or mo camara didnt get much abuse and they were shocking.

I am not a lennon worshipper but so called celtic fans who come to games to give abuse to their own players pisses me off. dont even deserve a ticket to a game if that is all they want to contribute

full back

Quote from: the colonel on April 25, 2007, 02:23:21 PM
roy keane fought in pubs non stop when he was at Man United but he didn't get any abuse from fans?

Think you should fcuk off back to KFC, colonel

the colonel

so you saying he didn't?

read his book you idiots

magpie seanie

Quoteread his book you idiots

I'm afraid, good sir, its you who need to read his book. And then read what you typed again. And then retract.

the colonel