Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Seany on July 25, 2017, 09:28:31 AM
The show was just awesome. From the moment they walked onto the stage and sang those first five iconic songs with no lighting, or backdrop or gimmicks. Just four lads belting out incredible tunes. Then the Joshua Tree from start to finish. And despite the fact that they have changed some of the songs over the 30 years, they sang them as they were on the album. They put everything they had into that album and the tribute to women was very special also. The final song was from their new album. A lovely tune which demonstrates that they are not their own tribute band, but a working band with outstanding songs from every album. In fact, the fact that the best crowd response was for some of their later classics demonstrates that.

It was. Very emotional actually.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 25, 2017, 08:41:48 AM
In the US people see a guy with a big car and a big house on a hill and they say - one day I'm going to get that. In Ireland when people see  a guy with a big car and a big house on a hill and they say - one day I'm going to get that b**tard.
That's pure bollix. For a start does it mean that all US people admire and want to be like Dobald Trump?  I think not. For a second, does it mean that all Irish people who dislike Bonzo are out to get every successful Irish person? I know not. I dislike him but there's lots of successful Irish people I admire and want to be like.
Careful now

Snapchap

Is appears Bono at the weekend decided to begin his set at Trafalgar Square with Sunday Bloody Sunday, which he dedicated to the British Army.

You stay classy, bono.

Shamrock Shore

lurganblue

Read that he dedicated "Pride- In the name of Love" to the British Army but of course also had Sunday Bloody Sunday on the set list.

Complete welt.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Itchy

Quote from: Snapchap on November 13, 2017, 12:54:34 PM
Is appears Bono at the weekend decided to begin his set at Trafalgar Square with Sunday Bloody Sunday, which he dedicated to the British Army.

You stay classy, bono.

Bono and Geldof are two of the biggest wankers this country has ever produced.

Therealdonald

I'd like to add Barry McGuigan and Gay Byrne to that list...Terry Wogan would have been up there too.

BennyCake

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 13, 2017, 09:43:33 PM
I'd like to add Barry McGuigan and Gay Byrne to that list...Terry Wogan would have been up there too.

Not keen on Gaybo, but he's not up to the level of Bonzo and Geldof on the wankometre.

Itchy

old bob hasn't a problem sharing his knight of the realm with murderers and Paedos. what a total w**ker. hum and bobo should hand in their passports and f**k off to some country that gives a shit about what they think.

Rossfan

They should feck  off and live wherever they "pay" their taxes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Snapchap on November 13, 2017, 12:54:34 PM

You stay classy, bono.

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: lurganblue on November 13, 2017, 01:01:38 PM
Read that he dedicated "Pride- In the name of Love" to the British Army but of course also had Sunday Bloody Sunday on the set list.

Complete welt.

Have you a source for that?

Franko

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/u2-celebrate-peace-unity-remembrance-day-performance-trafalgar/

The Telegraph have it that it was in fact Sunday Bloody Sunday which he dedicated to the military.  With the tax dodging egomaniac declaring... "No one loves peace more than those who've fought for it".   ::) ::)