Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Jeepers Creepers

johnneycool

RIP Malcolm Young, the sound of my youth for definite.

StGallsGAA

Inspired millions of kids to take up guitar.  That alone makes c him a legend never mind the songwriting. RIP

Billys Boots

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 18, 2017, 10:39:20 PM
Inspired millions of kids to take up guitar.  That alone makes c him a legend never mind the songwriting. RIP

Yep.  RIP.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

seafoid

From the Guardian link above

There's never been much deviation from the formula: AC/DC's first four albums mix driving hard rock and bluesy shuffles, with lyrics switching between laments for the life of the aspirant rock star, malevolent reflections on relationships and innuendo seaside postcard artists would dismiss as too obvious ("Some balls are held for charity/ And some for fancy dress/ But when they're held for pleasure/ They're the balls that I like best"). On the fifth, Powerage ("The closest we ever got to an experiment", according to Young), the bluesy shuffles were discarded, pretty much forever, in favour of a straightahead, four-to-the-floor style driven by Malcolm's rhythm guitar ("Most people can do what I do – they can do guitar solos – but they can't do a good, hard rhythm guitar and be dedicated to it," Young says). And that's been it in terms of evolution, really, save for dropping the malevolence after Scott died. Now it's either innuendo or songs that mention rock (23 AC/DC tracks contain rock, rockin', rocks or rocker in the titles alone).
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Denn Forever

When Bon died, the blues and R&B  left AC/DC :'(
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Harold Disgracey

Charles Manson aged 83.

longballin

Manson said he would never die... got that one wrong. Mad man he was but strangely fascinating.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNEX0IMaRk

quit yo jibbajabba

T Fearon

Will she be buried after the First or Second Service?

Minder

Quote from: T Fearon on November 20, 2017, 11:51:22 AM
Will she be buried after the First or Second Service?

Don't Tony, my sides are splitting
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock Shore

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Nothing funnier than a 49 year old woman dying from breast cancer. It's time Tony got the road out of this place.