Official Ulster Rugby Thread

Started by ONeill, October 10, 2009, 10:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Ruan Piennar is a class act full stop. I find it strange he is so keen to play at 9 when Du Preez is gonna be so hard to shift from that position for South Africa. At times he has looked very casual for Ulster but when he turns it on he is just a cut above anything else in that league. Johann Muller has also made a big difference to the Ulster pack as well. I would love to see them beating Nothampton but I just don't think Ulster can cope with the pace and power of the Saints backline when their on form.

Celt_Man

Bad news for the quarter final and bad news for lad himself - seems to be always struggling with injury.  Only for the emergance of Seán O'Brien in the 6N, Ireland would have a lot worse off for the absence of Ferris

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2011/0330/ferris_ulster.html

Ferris to undergo further surgery

Wednesday, 30 March 2011 12:34

Stephen Ferris will not be available for Ulster's Heineken Cup quarter-final against Northampton Saints on 10 April.

The player has undergone a period of treatment and rehabilitation for the left knee injury sustained during Ulster's match against Aironi in January.

Following a reassessment by his surgeon on Tuesday, a decision has been taken for him to undergo further surgery, so ruling him out of Ulster's first European Cup quarter-final appearance in 12 years.

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Hoof Hearted

Celt Man, your signature is out of date  ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 30, 2011, 01:25:01 PM
Celt Man, your signature is out of date  ;)

Oh I'll always be the 2010 champ!! Ain't nobody gonna take that off me!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Hoof Hearted

Magners league semi's finalised :-

S-F 1: MUNSTER V OSPREYS
Venue: Thomond Park, Limerick
Date: Saturday, 14 May (Kick-Off 18:30)

S-F 2: LEINSTER V ULSTER
Venue: RDS, Dublin
Date: Friday, 13 May (Kick-Off 19:05)

----------------------------------------------------------

With Leinster with one eye (perhaps) on the H Cup final, maybe there is a chance of an upset here. Although i read an interview with J Sexton during the week and they are really focused on the double because it hasn't been done before. (obviously means Heineken + Magners because Leicester, Wasps and Toulouse have won European and domestic doubles)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012