The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 13, 2017, 10:28:27 PM
I'm guessing nobody on here was following Ireland in the RLWC?
Games were hard to find bbc seemed to give the irish ones a miss. Saw some of the png game on premier sports online so was gutted when they lost knowing that was that. Shame as they win 2 and go out and samoa draw one and progress a bit if a farce all round

Wildweasel74

Very few of the Irish rubgy league team be irish born

tonto1888

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 13, 2017, 10:40:01 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 13, 2017, 10:28:27 PM
I'm guessing nobody on here was following Ireland in the RLWC?
Games were hard to find bbc seemed to give the irish ones a miss. Saw some of the png game on premier sports online so was gutted when they lost knowing that was that. Shame as they win 2 and go out and samoa draw one and progress a bit if a farce all round

I think BBC have only shown English games so far.
It was a shame but hopefully it gives Ireland something to build on RL wise

ashman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 13, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Yes , a massive snub of the grassroots game on this island.

johnneycool

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 13, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

The lad interviewed on the Sunday mornings highlights program had the same Irish accent as Simon Geoghegan had back in the day.

JPGJOHNNYG

France win no-one saw that coming. Just kind of kicks us in the teeth after last nights humiliation

Shamrock Shore

JPGJOHNNYG

We got 8 votes FFS what a disaster. If the Scots English and Welsh voted for us we would have got 9 so someone obviously didnt the fucks lol

Bord na Mona man

I wouldn't put Dick Spring in charge of running a cake sale.

Aaron Boone

The French had kept their counsel after the independent assessment came out. Ireland had burnt a few bridges crying foul about the process.

oakleaflad

The whole thing is embarrassing for World Rugby

Maroon Manc

Another world cup in France, very uninspiring.

screenexile

No big loss we don't gave the infrastructure for it and while it would be nice to have it here the country has all kinds of other problems it should be dealing with first before worrying about attracting a major sporting event!

The upside is France isn't that far away for our supporters!

yellowcard

Too much whinging about the initial assessment instead of actually focussing on why it failed. There was a forlorn hope that our penchant for the brown envelope might see us yet go close but we were embarrassingly defeated in the end.

longballin

showing them a field of corn in west Befast probably didnt help... as bad as the Bertie Bowl.... a mirage