Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on August 12, 2018, 02:02:00 PM
Looking to book a last minute holiday abroad for the family, flying out next weekend.
Could anyone recommend any websites? Have looked at Lasttminute and Teletext, but hoping someone might know a wee snooly website with value for money! Thanks.

EasyJet holidays! Week away 2 years ago self catering Spain was £1000 for family of four
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2018, 08:41:33 PM
Looking to book a last minute holiday abroad for the family, flying out next weekend.
Could anyone recommend any websites? Have looked at Lasttminute and Teletext, but hoping someone might know a wee snooly website with value for money! Thanks.

EasyJet holidays! Week away 2 years ago self catering Spain was £1000 for family of four

Thanks MR
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

MK

Just back from costa dorada-a week half board 4* 2 ad + 2 childer booked 2 weeks ago(by the mrs) £1100 from TUI on line-definitely worth a look-especially when you meet wans who booked earlier for twice the price......if that suits you

general

booked last wed for the wife, her mother and her younger sibling. they went on Saturday for a week.

4* Cyprus B&B for £990 incl private transfer in a taxi.

good reports being sent home. used that icelolly.com

Minder

Quote from: general on August 13, 2018, 12:13:38 PM
booked last wed for the wife, her mother and her younger sibling. they went on Saturday for a week.

4* Cyprus B&B for £990 incl private transfer in a taxi.

good reports being sent home. used that icelolly.com

One way tickets?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Looking to book flights home in November, LAX or SFO to Dublin. Anyone any recommendations who to book though?

Tried all the main search sites skyscanner, kayak, momondo. Have the 3 kids so want to fly direct, so Aer Lingus the only option. Booking directly with Aer Lingus is coming in about $500 more than some of the sites on suggested in the search sites...liek justfly.com, budgetair.co.uk, vayama.

Anyone any experience of these? Reading reviews and they aren't great but many say that they were fine. Any advice would be greatly received!

Rois

Do Ethiopian Airlines not do the direct LAX to Dublin flight any more? It was seriously cheap.

gawa316

Quote from: Rois on August 22, 2018, 06:54:05 AM
Do Ethiopian Airlines not do the direct LAX to Dublin flight any more? It was seriously cheap.

Aye the brother flew with them beofre but not coming up on any of the search sites and when I try to book directly with their website it says 'no schedule exists'...messaged them through facebook and they quoted near $1100! Had priced them early in the year and was getting $2500 for the 5 of us

Rois

Quote from: gawa316 on August 22, 2018, 07:03:02 AM
Quote from: Rois on August 22, 2018, 06:54:05 AM

Aye the brother flew with them beofre but not coming up on any of the search sites and when I try to book directly with their website it says 'no schedule exists'...messaged them through facebook and they quoted near $1100! Had priced them early in the year and was getting $2500 for the 5 of us
Jeez that's some price.

I'm flying DUB-SFO and LAX-DUB in a couple of weeks for €500 each which I thought was very good for such a distance.  If you go direct with Aer Lingus you could prob vary the type of ticket if you don't need bags or to sit together.  Not sure if the aggregator sites offer same.

BarryBreensBandage

Ah, the power of the GAA Board!
Thanks for all the replies to my request for last minute holiday options.
A shout out to Targetman - My wife and I were at our wits end trying to get something. I said I would put a request out on GAABoard, she gave me that funny look reserved for when I talk about GAABoard.
Anyway, I took Targetman's advice and contacted Sunshine.co.uk - we got exactly the holiday we wanted - just back from a week in Mallorca. Probably the best holiday we have been on as a family.
So thanks Targetman - just wanted to post my gratitude and it proves that for advice or for solutions, sometimes this place is the best to go to.

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Never beat the deeler

Anybody got experience of booking group holidays?

Extended family planning a holiday next May, 12 adults and 4 kids under 5.
Want to go somewhere like Cyprus or Crete.
We will be travelling from all over - Knock airport would be great but Dublin would do
Hasta la victoria siempre

Targetman

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on August 24, 2018, 11:13:02 PM
Ah, the power of the GAA Board!
Thanks for all the replies to my request for last minute holiday options.
A shout out to Targetman - My wife and I were at our wits end trying to get something. I said I would put a request out on GAABoard, she gave me that funny look reserved for when I talk about GAABoard.
Anyway, I took Targetman's advice and contacted Sunshine.co.uk - we got exactly the holiday we wanted - just back from a week in Mallorca. Probably the best holiday we have been on as a family.
So thanks Targetman - just wanted to post my gratitude and it proves that for advice or for solutions, sometimes this place is the best to go to.

You're welcome!

playwiththewind1st

Flew over to Santiago De Compostela yesterday for the weekend, with no real expectations. Brilliant place. Had booked into the Parador Dos Reyes Catolicos - never stayed in a hotel like it before.....absolutely stunning.

armaghniac

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 26, 2018, 05:41:59 PM
Flew over to Santiago De Compostela yesterday for the weekend, with no real expectations. Brilliant place. Had booked into the Parador Dos Reyes Catolicos - never stayed in a hotel like it before.....absolutely stunning.

Other than the over developed resorts, Spain can be great.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BenDover

Just back from a week in Duinrell with Al Fresco. Great week with plenty to do on site between the theme park and water pool. The park & pool opened @ 10am but the pool closed @ 10pm and the park @ 6pm. For the park it's good to be in early to beat the queues on some of the rides, for the pool the evening time seemed a bit quieter - there's also an outdoor pool but it is only opened randomly.
On site itself there's a central area (Plaza) with 2 food places and a bar/games room downstairs and another room that hosted the evening activities e.g. bingo, kids disco - never really bothered with this too much kids had did enough during the day that in the evening time they were happy enough to relax and recharge. For getting around there's the option to hire bikes, go karts (can't be taken off site) or a pedal buggy thing with 4 seats - we went for bikes and they were brilliant. The town of Wassenaar isn't far, there's a beach 4km away and the cycle lanes are fantastic, making getting around safe. Our kids are 9, 5 & 2 and they had a blast but I def recommend this places for older kids as well. The weather is much like here only a little warmer and drier.

Now I'm looking for options next year - OH fancies an all inclusive hotel stay, somewhere that has a waterpark type thing. We've already looked at Club Mac in Alcuida and Lanzasur Splash Resort (any reviews on these places?). Any other recommendations for other places would be appreciated.