Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inabsentia

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 21, 2018, 01:02:22 PM
At the u21 final the other night a big lad got carried off after landing on the 4g. Is there any research on grass v artificial surfaces injury wise?
How'd he come down?

There'd be a lot of boys complaining if you're doing preseason on that surface. There's no give compared to sod.

Belfast GAA man

Belfast GAA man

I'm hearing the county has thought better of the age grade changes. Fair play to them for not stubbornly sticking to a poor decision

Milltown Row2

Quote from: inabsentia on December 21, 2018, 02:47:09 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 21, 2018, 01:02:22 PM
At the u21 final the other night a big lad got carried off after landing on the 4g. Is there any research on grass v artificial surfaces injury wise?
How'd he come down?

There'd be a lot of boys complaining if you're doing preseason on that surface. There's no give compared to sod.

Plenty of professional clubs in soccer using 4g, you'd be best to get and idea from them I'd say.. as for the lad during week he went up for a high ball and came down hard, not sure it was ankle leg injury or he landed on his head. Other lad came off to, twisted his ankle..

It's a fast pitch as are all 4g, I'd like to know which would be the best footwear for 4g as it may be a factor.. in the height of summer some pitches are rock hard also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

All good points . Just need a study done. I think the 4gs I'm Belfast have been a great addition

drillsergeant

Is there any truth that Dillion is the new Roger Casement's Portglenone Manager for 2019 as I heard from another source that he has come to a agreement with Pearce's Kilrea.

Also many other manager changes as lately? Cassidy committed to another year with the champions?

Belfast GAA man

What a brilliant tournament Naomh Pol run every year - maith sibh! looks like Bellaghy are something else....

Caesar

Yes Barry Dillon has been appointed Portglenone manager

Belfast GAA man

what's he won before and how much is he getting?

Dunsilly King

Why would anyone tell you whats expenses he is getting, you'll only criticise any way, as its the only reason you are asking. Dillon is an excellent coach. He has coached Derry seniors and their U21s, Ballinascreen to county final ( best as they could do as Slaughtneil were unbeatable at the time in Derry) Currently coaches UUJ in sigerson. And just to burst your bubble, takes Red Hughs into the All Ireland semifinal this month. Fair play to Portglenone for having the ambition.

Belfast GAA man

Great experience. Just amazes me the amount of money many SW clubs have to spend when Belfast clubs are selling tickets to cover the league fees

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 06, 2019, 11:51:39 AM
Great experience. Just amazes me the amount of money many SW clubs have to spend when Belfast clubs are selling tickets to cover the league fees

How many outside coaches are coaching around the city?

Belfast GAA man

No doubt there will b one or two but can't think of any. Seems to b rife in SW

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jdyok