The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2020, 11:21:08 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on March 11, 2020, 11:19:29 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2020, 11:16:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2020, 11:06:21 PM
Liverpool's season ending in a bit of a whimper. I'd be disappointing they didn't pick up at least another trophy. Or at least go further in a competition
I just don't get this.
When did "only" winning the Premier League being seen as failure become a thing? Ive never heard it being mentioned any other season.It's very rare for any club to win the League and the Champions League in the same season so why now all of a sudden are people saying this will actually be a disappointing season for Liverpool.Especially when you consider they haven't actually won it for 30 years.
Even more strange is that fact they won the Champions league last season so this season was always going to be about the Premier league.
I really don't think any Liverpool fan will even remember tonight's result when and if Henderson is lifting the Premier league trophy.
Up there with Leicester and Blackburn
If that makes you happy to think that and it takes the edge off then you keep thinking that lad.
Worst premier league ever. Great achievement though.  Congrats.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: snoopdog on March 11, 2020, 11:25:42 PM
Liverpool's season ending in a bit of a whimper. I'd be disappointing they didn't pick up at least another trophy. Or at least go further in a competition
I just don't get this.
When did "only" winning the Premier League being seen as failure become a thing? Ive never heard it being mentioned any other season.It's very rare for any club to win the League and the Champions League in the same season so why now all of a sudden are people saying this will actually be a disappointing season for Liverpool.Especially when you consider they haven't actually won it for 30 years.
Even more strange is that fact they won the Champions league last season so this season was always going to be about the Premier league.
I really don't think any Liverpool fan will even remember tonight's result when and if Henderson is lifting the Premier league trophy.
If that makes you happy to think that and it takes the edge off then you keep thinking that lad.

There's gotta be a nice banana sitting up some tree with your name on it. Away to bed with you  and let the grown ups talk
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on March 11, 2020, 11:25:42 PM
I just don't get this.
Whatever works for you dude, whatever works.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GiveItToTheShooters

This whole, "worst league ever" and "most uncompetitive league ever" is a load of nonsense and just Mancs crying. This Liverpool team has romped home beating the second best team in English football history by 20 odd points. I think we'll cherish this one. Not our fault no one in England can live with us.

quit yo jibbajabba

Lads if they say it often enough theyre hoping to convince themselves its true

BennyCake

I just don't get this.

Considering Liverpool's momentum all season, it's all gone a bit flat. The league was won at least a month ago so they could've taken it easy there, and focused on the CL and FA cup. Was hearing reports tonight of Liverpool looking a tired team. They had the advantage of keeping players fresh for big games, as league is won. They didn't take it. I'd be disappointed if I was a fan.

Still, I understand the PL is a big deal to win considering it's been so long.

J70

They'd want to do it quick before the season is put on hold or even cancelled.

Juve player with coronavirus tonight.

What happens to the Champions League if more players are out?

GiveItToTheShooters

The mancs flocking in on this is hilarious. Thinking they're forgetting they've a big Thursday night game against LASK coming up. Klopp doesn't care about the cups, simple, so that slag is void. The league has been easy. CL a bit mixed but mainly due to our lack of strength in depth that we wil build on. LFC be favourite for both competitions next year.

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2020, 11:44:49 PM
I just don't get this.

Considering Liverpool's momentum all season, it's all gone a bit flat. The league was won at least a month ago so they could've taken it easy there, and focused on the CL and FA cup. Was hearing reports tonight of Liverpool looking a tired team. They had the advantage of keeping players fresh for big games, as league is won. They didn't take it. I'd be disappointed if I was a fan.

Still, I understand the PL is a big deal to win considering it's been so long.
I hear what you're saying but as a Liverpool fan for roughly 35 years and seeing some awful seasons go by one after another I won't be disappointed with this season that's for sure.
Not that long ago our marquee summer signings were Paul Konchesky and Joe Cole. I'd take a season like this everytime over them days of hoping to just finish Top 10 in the league!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 11, 2020, 11:53:29 PM
The mancs flocking in on this is hilarious. Thinking they're forgetting they've a big Thursday night game against LASK coming up. Klopp doesn't care about the cups, simple, so that slag is void. The league has been easy. CL a bit mixed but mainly due to our lack of strength in depth that we wil build on. LFC be favourite for both competitions next year.

I'm not a manc. I just follow United.

Liverpool are deservedly far ahead in the PL. I'd just be somewhat disappointed as the season promised so much more for them.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2020, 11:41:38 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 11, 2020, 11:36:58 PM
Lads if they say it often enough theyre hoping to convince themselves its true
Aye, I think it's the same with the it will be a disappointing season if Liverpool only win the Premier league thing.
FFS if Liverpool only win the Premier league for the next few seasons I'll be f**king delighted.

Its the bread & butter a wise man once said

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:03:40 AM

Liverpool are deservedly far ahead in the PL. I'd just be somewhat disappointed as the season promised so much more for them.
So you're a manc. Or if you don't class yourself as that you're a glory hunter, like most United fans over  the past 20 years. I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm not "somewhat disappointed" because we've walked the league, albeit been complacent in the CL but it's only the start of it.

screenexile

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 12, 2020, 12:10:57 AM

So you're a manc. Or if you don't class yourself as that you're a glory hunter, like most United fans over  the past 20 years. I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm not "somewhat disappointed" because we've walked the league, albeit been complacent in the CL but it's only the start of it.

NOTIONS!!!

BennyCake

Dude, you're a Liverpool fan, I'm a United fan. I'm no more a Manc than you are a scouser. Support your team and quit with the insults.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:20:28 AM

Dude, you're a Liverpool fan, I'm a United fan. I'm no more a Manc than you are a scouser. Support your team and quit with the insults.
What are you on about you wet wipe. I never insulted you. If you're so precious then get off a Liverpool page to save you the bother.