Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2017, 05:26:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 14, 2017, 05:17:50 PM
MR, the advantage of being inside the EU is tariff free trade. That means higher profits for NI farmers. It means higher taxes for HM Treasury.

I know,  but I can't see trade stop altogether. As much as you'd like it to be, this won't happen...

As for developing trade with the other countries I've mentioned, that's just what's going to have to happen, and for a lot of companies they are currently doing this !
India wont do a deal without a deal on visas
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 13, 2017, 08:57:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
Leading economist Sammy Wilson on Brexit

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-dups-sammy-wilson-on-brexit-uk-can-only-do-trade-outside-custom-union-and-single-market-35362109.html
Not sure what you do for a living, but you are a bit of a self-appointed expert on the subject yourself.
I'm GAA correspondent for the Newsletter
I thought that you did the local notes in the Kerryman for the Presbyterian church in North Kerry giving the rundown on cake sales etc
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

No wides

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 14, 2017, 07:58:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 13, 2017, 08:57:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
Leading economist Sammy Wilson on Brexit

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-dups-sammy-wilson-on-brexit-uk-can-only-do-trade-outside-custom-union-and-single-market-35362109.html
Not sure what you do for a living, but you are a bit of a self-appointed expert on the subject yourself.
I'm GAA correspondent for the Newsletter
I thought that you did the local notes in the Kerryman for the Presbyterian church in North Kerry giving the rundown on cake sales etc

You should be on stage, preferably in another part of the world.

armaghniac

Quote from: heganboy on January 14, 2017, 06:48:05 PM
MR2 don't understand your post above

Not sure what countries that you think would make up for the exports that will be lost. And if these export opportunities are so exciting why aren't they being tapped already?

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the post, which is not a serious discussion of international trade, but just an attempt to be contrary to other posters, or maybe MR2 is really Sammy Wilson.

In reality many EU countries have developed markets across the world and being in the EU hasn't stopped them. Switzerland has a "trade deal" with China, but UK trade with China has grown more quickly in recent years than Swiss trade with China.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Not sure what countries that you think would make up for the exports that will be lost. And if these export opportunities are so exciting why aren't they being tapped already?

We don't know what will be lost, until it's done! To say that the UK will collapse and require a bail out like the republic got is silly... if ni ends up with food banks that are unable to feed people and charge people£50 to have a doctors appointment (normally the done thing down South) then I think we'll be in the shit... at the minute Britain has actually improved lately as companies continue to invest and deal with Britain.. globally countries will continue to do what's best for them as will companies...

The scare of brexit has actually disappeared in most place bar Galway
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2017, 01:10:38 AM
We don't know what will be lost, until it's done! To say that the UK will collapse and require a bail out like the republic got is silly... if ni ends up with food banks that are unable to feed people and charge people£50 to have a doctors appointment (normally the done thing down South) then I think we'll be in the shit... at the minute Britain has actually improved lately as companies continue to invest and deal with Britain.. globally countries will continue to do what's best for them as will companies...

Another nonsense post. Nobody, or at least few people, are saying that the UK will collapse (although Scotland might leave and the peace settlement in NI might collapse). They are saying that the economy will be less in 5 years time than it would otherwise have been, with a great deal of pointless disruption caused in the meantime. Companies will do what is best for them, and this xenophobia driven project is not good for a lot of them.

And alluding to a different system of charging for doctors, as is it was somehow relevant, is just immature.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

heganboy

I'm sorry. I thought you actually had a serious point to make. Now I see you are full of shit.

Today's leak shows NIs standing. May is about to invalidate the GFA. The ditching of NI and the £9billion is about to become a political football. Cross border bodies about to be strengthened.

Interesting times for team Brexit.

Tell me again why this is a good thing?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heganboy on January 15, 2017, 05:47:48 AM

I'm sorry. I thought you actually had a serious point to make. Now I see you are full of shit.

Today's leak shows NIs standing. May is about to invalidate the GFA. The ditching of NI and the £9billion is about to become a political football. Cross border bodies about to be strengthened.

In none of my posts about brexit have I said it's a good thing, I've just said it won't be as bad as seafoid wants it to be... that's me being optimistic, it could send us back to the 50's  but  I'm thinking more back to 2007 when the banks fucked up...

http://www.statestreet.com/ideas/articles/brexit-6-months-later.html?cid=paidsearch-Brexit-Metcalfe_video-GB-3#

but I'd rather be a glass half full type person than a miserable cnut...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No wides

You are good as coming across as the latter.

seafoid

What leak?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

No wides

I believe there was some actual news on brexit today rather than something you made up. 😀😀😀

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2017, 12:01:11 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 13, 2017, 09:21:24 AM
Grow up MR2, there's no need for that sort of foul mouthed stuff.

Anyway, your childish logic seems to be that because the NI weathermen got the weather forecast wrong in AN AREA of the province, there's no point listening to anyone's opinion about the economic repercussions of exiting the EU.  (Except, bizarrely, yours!)  And there's not much point debating with anyone that uses that sort of logic.

I'm away to make a snowman.

You cant throw comments at me for being childish when you post the same stuff?

My point on brexit is that while it will have a huge bearing on us financially, it wont be to the extent that seafoid wants... or to the extent of the 2006/7 crash..

From a sales point of view i havent seen people holding on to their money, hopefully that stays like that, otherwise i'll be back teaching!!

Rubbish, I'd never use that word. It has horrible connotations and I've zero respect for anyone who uses it.  Especially in the context you just did.  Now remind me, is it going to be as bad as 2007 or is it not?  Because you've performed a Givan-esque flip on this one in the space of a few days.  Also, could you tell me what qualifies you to make such a confident prediction?  Because when someone posts the opinion of someone who is qualified to speak, you are intent on rubbishing it.  It would seem that, like trump and the leave voters, you've embraced the post-truth movement wholeheartedly.  I'm glad other posters are now also calling you on your bullshit.

Franko

Quote from: seafoid on January 15, 2017, 09:48:23 AM

What leak?

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-pm-expected-to-say-uk-prepared-to-leave-single-market-10729623

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2017, 08:44:39 AM

In none of my posts about brexit have I said it's a good thing, I've just said it won't be as bad as seafoid wants it to be... that's me being optimistic, it could send us back to the 50's  but  I'm thinking more back to 2007 when the banks fucked up...

http://www.statestreet.com/ideas/articles/brexit-6-months-later.html?cid=paidsearch-Brexit-Metcalfe_video-GB-3#

but I'd rather be a glass half full type person than a miserable cnut...

The part sums up your ridiculous stance on all this MR2.  I don't believe I've ever read seafoid post at any stage that he wants it to be "bad".  You're making that up.  In the same sentence, you've defended yourself and attacked someone else, using the exact opposite sides of the same argument.  And you don't even realise how foolish it makes you look.