The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Never watch the lead up to games, pure puke talk so never really had much judgement on Cavanagh, what a dick! Just be a pundit, talk about the game the match ups the way you'll think it will go and leave the 'jokes' to comedians
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Champion The Wonder Horse

Switched to Sky after Cavanagh's comment on Paddy Russell and Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Shane Walsh is a better player that David Clifford... big Statement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Sean Cavanagh and pat spillane. What a team  :o

Who said Walsh better than Clifford? Do they know anything about football?

Milltown Row2

Anyone listening in would think Paddy Tally was actually playing considering the amount of times he's been mentioned

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2022, 03:17:43 PM
Shane Walsh is a better player that David Clifford... big Statement

Conor McCluskey looking like a better player than tom o'sullivan based on that first half certainly. Should be a nailed on all star. Good game so far.

Milltown Row2

Trying to enter the competition there but not allowed  ;D

RedHand88

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 24, 2022, 03:17:06 PM

Lol what did he say?

tintin25

Cavanagh trying too hard to be funny...but he's not

imtommygunn

I really hope cavanagh doesn't get thirty years. He's not good at all. Whelan comes across as a genuine decent guy rather than a headline grabber but not sure he has it either. It wasn't the best line up tbh.

red hander

Quote from: Gael80 on July 24, 2022, 05:31:19 PM

Pat should of threw back at him about the free in the 05 semi final or the wrongful dismissal that you could say decided the 03 final. What Cavanagh is complaining about could be argued two ways, no time for that and it's why RTE pundits are too involved in the emotion.

It was tongue in cheek (even if based on fact). Nothing wrong with free in 2005, obvious foul. And Armagh could still be playing to this day and they wouldn't have won 2003 final.

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2022, 03:45:56 PM
Anyone listening in would think Paddy Tally was actually playing considering the amount of times he's been mentioned

🤣🤣Remarked that alright. Every time a Kerry player put in a tackle Darragh Maloney said 'that has Paddy Tally written all over it.' I watched the semi final in a bar and if I had a pound for every time I heard his name mentioned I'd be a rich man.

I don't know how much influence he actually had but he seems to get more credit than Jack O'Connor.

yellowcard

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2022, 04:37:36 PM

Lol what did he say?

What did Cavanagh say? He's a hard man to listen to always getting little snide remarks in but him and Spillane are well matched in that respect.

tintin25

The Dublin All Ireland winning side of 95 were being introduced and Whelan was talking about how he joined the panel the following year and just missed out.  Cavanagh then piped up and said something about how they got the 95 winning side out before most of the crowd were in as karma for being gifted an All-Ireland by Paddy Russell that year...was abit daft