The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didlyi

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 28, 2019, 10:28:42 PM
Donal Og was a breath of fresh air when started years ago. Can't listen to him now.

Would like to see him make more use of his pen and shove it........

Aaron Boone

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 28, 2019, 10:49:25 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2019, 07:33:49 PM
Why is Hawkeye slow, it being a computer? Does someone review it?

It's not instant like the goal line technology in soccer these days. There are several cameras around Croke Park and they all work in tandem to make the decision.
Maybe real hawks were doing the job today.

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 10:04:44 PM
The remnants of British culture. There you are now. Header.

Have to admit I was a bit wtf! with that ???

AZOffaly

The worst decision of the whole lot was not to play advantage for Jake Morris' goal. Every ref in Ireland plays 5 second advantages at this stage, so to blow up immediately there was brutal.

I thought the first Tipp goal was a soft enough free, no problem with the hawkeye decision though. Same situation as if a linesman flags a ball over the line, but the ref takes a while to see it. The ball is dead at that stage, so everything else is immaterial.

Barry Heffernan very lucky, John McGrath very, very lucky.

But how many Wexford head high tackles didn't get a yellow card? The Wexford 7 should have been gone for his head high with Bubbles Dwyer, because he was on a yellow. Noel McGrath got a yellow (correctly) for the same thing.

Tipp lads are manic on referees most of the time, they are seriously one eyed when it comes to that, but I thought the ref yesterday got some big decisions wrong. The Lee Chin incident could easily have been a penalty too, but it was hard to tell if he was pulled down or fell down looking for it. He was fairly surrounded so there was no need to foul him really, but Ronan Maher had his hands around him at least.

As I said though, biggest frustration for me was the disallowed goal that he brought back for a 20m free.

Mikhailov

Regarding Hawkeye, did I hear yesterday that Hawkeye can only notify the referee when the ball is out of play as in a wide ball etc. If that is right then that would explain why it took so long to get it sorted. The ball stayed in play after the keeper catch for another 25/30 seconds before the referee was
consulted. He can only take action when the ball is out of play, in yesterday's case when the ball hit the net.

Maybe I am wrong but I thought I heard or read something along those lines

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 10:04:44 PM
The remnants of British culture. There you are now. Header.

Cringeworthy stuff to come out with.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Brolly giving the sky deal gig a dig.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Sportacus

Des setting up the panel to criticise the GAA for selling rights to SKY, and then they showed a big whopper SKY advert during the break - money talks.  I had to laugh.

RedHand88

Quote from: Sportacus on August 04, 2019, 10:13:42 PM
Des setting up the panel to criticise the GAA for selling rights to SKY, and then they showed a big whopper SKY advert during the break - money talks.  I had to laugh.

What have I learnt from the first half hour of the show apart from Tomás O Sé not having Sky.

SouthDublinBro

Peter Keane is a true Kerryman. Blaming the wind for the scores being level at half time after a resounding win.  ;D

straightred

That was some Dublin love-in we were treated to tonight.....

omaghjoe

Not a feckin mention of the ref in Ty v Ky. More interested in Filling 5mins about Mickey Hartes future plans. Cavanagh gives them a soundbite that they can run with too  ::). At least O'Rourke had the decency to say nothin

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 12, 2019, 06:26:28 AM
Not a feckin mention of the ref in Ty v Ky. More interested in Filling 5mins about Mickey Hartes future plans. Cavanagh gives them a soundbite that they can run with too  ::). At least O'Rourke had the decency to say nothin

I generally don't rewatch games we lose or the highlights of them. Did the Sunday game highlight anything to do with the ref when mayo beat Armagh?

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 12, 2019, 12:26:08 PM

I generally don't rewatch games we lose or the highlights of them. Did the Sunday game highlight anything to do with the ref when mayo beat Armagh?

Just the time keeping I think.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 12, 2019, 12:45:15 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 12, 2019, 12:26:08 PM

Just the time keeping I think.

Maybe it's a general policy not to be overly critical of refs