The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I just checked. He played Centre Back for Moyna, but was at corner back in the startled earwigs game. Well remembered Jinxy.

heffo

Quote from: Hound on August 24, 2016, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 24, 2016, 01:20:05 PM
Think Andrews started out as a corner back, didn't he?
Paddy played in the forwards at minor and U21 for Dublin. Moyna at DCU thought him better as a corner back so played him there in Sigerson. It was only the once or twice he played there under Pillar I think. I remember him getting sent off while playing there (along with at least one other) in a league game in Parnell Pk against Meath.

He was corner back all during 2009 including the horror show v Kerry in the Qtr final

DuffleKing

Quote from: Jinxy on August 24, 2016, 12:23:56 PM
Fair play to Bastick, he's in some shape.
I remember a game years ago where he was on his back after a tackle and he did this kind of ninja flip back up onto his feet.
Are himself & Cluxton the last surviving members of Pillar's regime?

That was Macaulay

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

Quote from: Beffs on August 23, 2016, 03:10:03 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 23, 2016, 02:35:28 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 22, 2016, 04:37:14 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 22, 2016, 04:24:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 22, 2016, 12:31:25 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 11:33:40 PM
Let Joanne Cantwell present it.
Did a great job on the Olympics and knows her GAA.
Sick of Des Cahill and the 'banter' he tries (and fails) to get going with the panel.

I thought she was very good on the Olympics as well, takes no crap. Cahill, whilst harmless enough, is a bit too sweet and if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself.
Her failure to question Sonia the Great is a major black mark against her . It was the Issue once the o donovan brothers were finished and never as a major player sitting beside her about if.

Yeah, I'm sure Sonia would have spilled the beans on the ongoing criminal investigation in Rio.
so you ignore the big issue of the day with one of the main protagonists  just because she may not give a full and frank answer,
i don's buy editorial decision either . Is cantwell just a pretty face , gender equalizer, or a genuine Journalist?
its cowardly journalism.

It's not Joanne Cantwell's fault. Sonia was contracted by RTE to discuss athletics and nothing else. RTE have made a statement about it. They couldn't ask her about all the various controversies, as much as they may have wanted to.

I'd say that clause in her contract came from Sonia herself. She knows how unpopular Pat Hickey is and all the controversies dogging her sport. Who would want to go on RTE and have to address or defend all that malarkey? It is much easier to spout the usual mumbo jumbo about PB's & isn't yer man Usain Bolt gas craic altogether & then leg it with the pay check.
useual horseshit from RTE ,by the same logic she would not be able to congratulate the o donovans or the one that won  or yer one that got silver in the dingy boat section .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

Which event was Pat Hickey competing in?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on August 24, 2016, 03:22:59 PM
No, it was Bastick.
Here's the video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvArmlZTVXc

Gonna give that a shot at training tomorrow night, what can go wrong?

Remember Paddy Andrews scored an own goal playing Sigerson for DCU as a corner back, could explain the move up the field  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

johnneycool

Quote from: Jinxy on August 24, 2016, 03:51:12 PM

Looked like Judo or that TaeKwondo kicking stuff by the look of the garb on him when they arrested him.

Will Shane Ross being doing his utmost within diplomatic circles to ensure Pat is well treated?  :o

Il Bomber Destro

square_ball

I see Ger has got a promotion to the champions league tonight for RTE. No huge ones or hit and hope ones yet but plenty of time to go yet. He's probably missing his sidekick Tom.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on August 24, 2016, 03:51:12 PM

Lining the pockets.

Sad that somebody like that could bully everybody for so many years and get away with it.  The Olympic Council of Ireland has to go. Replace it with another body.
Sad also that it took Brazilian authorities to take a corrupt Irish cartel down and shave their heads, while at home  they were beyond reproach.
Sad also that likes of David Walsh goes after likes of Lance Armstrong but might have been put off by lawyers letters from a gangster in his own country.
Sad also that Sonia allowed herself to be part of that board. She will have little credibility going forward now as an official, although I believe she is 100% genuine and is unfortunate to be caught up in that mess.
Respect for Eamon Coughlan for seeing it for what it was.
If the FAI has to have any credibility going forward John Delaney needs to get a hobby to pass his time. He needs to be got rid of asap. Anybody within a square mile of Hickey stinks the place out.

joemamas

Living in the U.S. And only getting bits and pieces of this event, look forward to reading entire story and history of Hickey

imtommygunn

Olive loughnane was interviewed in the Irish independent yesterday and said across 3 olympics her family got 1 ticket. 1.

If it is that blatant why have people not spoke up before about this??

ashman

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 25, 2016, 08:46:59 AM
Olive loughnane was interviewed in the Irish independent yesterday and said across 3 olympics her family got 1 ticket. 1.

Fear ???

rosnarun

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 25, 2016, 08:46:59 AM

coz every one loves to dance on a dead mans grave , it takes courage to do it when they are still in full power..
mind you hickey is a great man for litigation which is why the journalist are so happy to see him behind bars and  no one only Sonia has come out in support of him .
i im sure he has his lawyers reading every scrap written about him so when he comes home hell be suing Half the country if the charges prove false
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere