The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 11:20:57 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 02, 2015, 11:15:29 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 10:41:51 AM
It was posted here before. It certainly doesn't look like a punch to me, but even if the CCCCCCCCCCCC decide it is a punch, how would that help get Connolly off?

Haven't seen the footage and I'm sure it'll be used, as is common with these appeals, as part of a list of every possible reason imaginable to get him off. e.g. why is our man being singled out unfairly when here is an exact replica where disciplinary action is not being taken. Kevin Keane's successful appeal will also be on this list.

Nothing would surprise me with the process nowadays, but I'd say Keane being overturned would be more relevant. All the CCC have to say is O'Connor didn't punch, and the grounds for that avenue are then fucked entirely.

I was told (2nd hand info for sure) that Keane got off on a technicality, how true this is I don't know, but there may be some weight behind it as a strike is a strike is a stike. There may be

Disclaimer: all of the above is 2nd info and my opinion to reason why Keane indeed get off as it is a fair head scratcher. In no way do i want to be clumped in with the delusional Dubs and their inside info hocus pocus poop

The Aristocrat

I agree with Charlie, McStay must resign now, if not, be sacked, too much of this over the years, he can bring Mcgee and Brolly with him.

deiseach

Quote from: JoG2 on September 02, 2015, 11:40:18 AM
I was told (2nd hand info for sure) that Keane got off on a technicality, how true this is I don't know, but there may be some weight behind it as a strike is a strike is a stike. There may be

Disclaimer: all of the above is 2nd info and my opinion to reason why Keane indeed get off as it is a fair head scratcher. In no way do i want to be clumped in with the delusional Dubs and their inside info hocus pocus poop

Too late!

Nihilist

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 12:34:29 PM
I agree with Charlie, McStay must resign now, if not, be sacked, too much of this over the years, he can bring Mcgee and Brolly with him.

And who should replace them.
Let me guess Charlie Redmond and Pillar.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Nihilist on September 02, 2015, 12:49:34 PM

McGuinness, Canavan, perhaps down the line Sean Cavanagh , loads out there, but the two bias clowns McStay and McGee should be sacked, it needs freshening up.

Don't get the Pillar thing, don't see his name mentioned anywhere.

macdanger2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 12:52:28 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on September 02, 2015, 12:49:34 PM

McGuinness, Canavan, perhaps down the line Sean Cavanagh , loads out there, but the two bias clowns McStay and McGee should be sacked, it needs freshening up.

Don't get the Pillar thing, don't see his name mentioned anywhere.

Interesting, do you think you'll have any more nuggets for us? Or is this your final say on the matter?

JoG2

Quote from: deiseach on September 02, 2015, 12:37:21 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 02, 2015, 11:40:18 AM

Too late!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

muppet

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 11:01:58 AM
1. The Sunday game is not the GAA disciplinary committee. Its a TV show like Match of the day etc.
2. Connolly was just trying to break free from the grapple assault by Keegan who has history of grappling assaults on players, just ask Galway.
3. Either Connolly gets off or Keegans yellow upgraded to red
4. Unbelievable and corrupt decision not to site O Connor for his assault on O Carroll.

Where would they 'site' O'Connor?

As long as he is sited putting the ball between the posts we may have grounds for agreement.  ;D

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

McStay will be leaving soon but it won't be because of soemthing he said.

8)

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 05:11:01 PM

8)

Going to Roscommon.

Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
1. The Sunday game is not the GAA disciplinary committee. Its a TV show like Match of the day etc.
2. Connolly was just trying to break free from the grapple assault by Keegan who has history of grappling assaults on players, just ask Galway.
4. Unbelievable and corrupt decision not to site O Connor for his assault on O Carroll.

As long as he is sited putting the ball between the posts we may have grounds for agreement.  ;D

Good peno il give you that but the frees 20 yards out in front of the post , my leprosy riddled Yorkshire terrier could have scored 10 points on Sunday. O Shea and O Connor go missing in big games, don't have the bottle for it .

It's quite funny that it means more to Mayo fans to beat Dublin than actually winning the All Ireland, no wonder they can't win it.

INDIANA

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 08:36:48 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 05:11:01 PM

8)

Going to Roscommon.

Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 04:16:44 PM

Good peno il give you that but the frees 20 yards out in front of the post , my leprosy riddled Yorkshire terrier could have scored 10 points on Sunday. O Shea and O Connor go missing in big games, don't have the bottle for it .

It's quite funny that it means more to Mayo fans to beat Dublin than actually winning the All Ireland, no wonder they can't win it.

Never a truer word then your last sentence. I'm sure they'll be dancing like crazed loons on Saturday after their likely win and then at some point it will hit them- jaysus no trophy here and then memories of 2004 and 2006 come flooding back

Tubberman

Keep showing yourselves up lads
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

The paranoia is strong in theses ones!

Losing to Dublin would be no different to losing to Kerry last year, or Donegal in 2012, or anyone else in the Championship. Winning would be no different to winning any other semi-final either.

What the f*ck is wrong with you two? Seriously?
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

The Dublin Lads, ye got to Chill.God help us if ye actually lost the game last Sunday. As for us being delighted to beat ye. Well yes! It would be an insult to ye if we were not? The Dublin fans around me last Sunday looked pretty pleased to be winning with seven minutes to go, so why can't we be pleased with such a result. Now I know with us there is also the added bonus of beating you on your own patch that goes with any win away from home. But hey before ye get to cocky, beating Kerry is the one.