The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: In hiding on August 20, 2015, 06:10:46 PM
The Meyler incident is crazy. In my opinion he altered his run at the last minute as it looked like Kieran Hughes was going to continue with his run straight through Conor Meyler. It looked to me like Meyler was protecting himself.

Imagine this.....

Jack Mc Caffrey breaks out of the Dublin defence in the All Ireland final (a la Conor Meyler v Monaghan), Sean Cavanagh sprints across the field to tackle him (a la Kieran Hughes v Tyrone). Mc Caffrey pops off a handpass before colliding with Cavanagh (exactly as the incident involving Meyler and Hughes) and as the ref awards a free to Tyrone and a black card to Mc Caffrey the RTE cameras show a laughing Sean Cavanagh. JUST IMAGINE THE UPROAR!!!!

I am no fan of tyrone but fully agree with this about Meyler - don't understand why so few see it like this! I can understand why the ref made the decision as it was a split second interpretation but looking back not a black at all.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 20, 2015, 08:36:22 PM
Quote from: Bensars on August 20, 2015, 08:24:38 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 20, 2015, 07:52:56 PM
The Meyler incident is crazy. In my opinion he altered his run at the last minute as it looked like Kieran Hughes was going to continue with his run straight through Conor Meyler. It looked to me like Meyler was protecting himself.

Imagine this.....

Jack Mc Caffrey breaks out of the Dublin defence in the All Ireland final (a la Conor Meyler v Monaghan), Sean Cavanagh sprints across the field to tackle him (a la Kieran Hughes v Tyrone). Mc Caffrey pops off a handpass before colliding with Cavanagh (exactly as the incident involving Meyler and Hughes) and as the ref awards a free to Tyrone and a black card to Mc Caffrey the RTE cameras show a laughing Sean Cavanagh. JUST IMAGINE THE UPROAR!!!!

Why would Sean Cavanagh sprint across to tackle a lad who had laid the ball off about 5 seconds ago unless he was going looking for trouble?

The bitterness some people have against Tyrone really inhibits them from making any sort of logical sense.

Read it again Einstein!

He's backing Tyrone and providing a scenario if it happened elsewhere

Jaysis bomber :o

Even at the height of my howling and finger pointing last week I dont think I wudda read that as having a dig at big Sean

Neither did I. Duffy made an incredible decision to black card Meyler for that incident, only a referee of his incompetence would have done that. Cavanagh is not stupid enough to put himself in the position Hughes did.

Highlander3

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2015, 08:40:37 PM

Imagine this.....

I am no fan of tyrone but fully agree with this about Meyler - don't understand why so few see it like this! I can understand why the ref made the decision as it was a split second interpretation but looking back not a black at all.

Totally agree with your comment here and can't really understand why more people don't see it like this, felt sorry for Meyler

Il Bomber Destro

Oh dear.

Apologies, the amount of unjust flak and blame that has came our way has pre-conditioned my mindset into defensive state.

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 20, 2015, 08:52:38 PM
Oh dear.

Apologies, the amount of unjust flak and blame that has came our way has pre-conditioned my mindset into defensive state.

'Tis called a siege mentality and its well noted you lads have suffered it since Paddy Russel on '95!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2015, 09:13:59 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 20, 2015, 08:52:38 PM
Oh dear.

'Tis called a siege mentality and its well noted you lads have suffered it since Paddy Russel on '95!!

Preferable to the in-fighting u lot have

In-bred-in-fighting

reddgnhand

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2015, 08:40:37 PM

Imagine this.....

The "Im no fan of Tyrone" quote. I always laugh when I see it. Is someone standing behind you whilst you type? 

imtommygunn

Meyler was completely innocent and very hard done by.

Sean cavanagh's balance when he's inside the opposition 45 and not looking like he'll get a score sickens me.

Must have had two people from different places standing behind me there  ;D

reddgnhand

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2015, 10:12:32 PM
Meyler was completely innocent and very hard done by.

Sean cavanagh's balance when he's inside the opposition 45 and not looking like he'll get a score sickens me.

Must have had two people from different places standing behind me there  ;D

One over each shoulder?  ;D

Farrandeelin

Carney and Canning..  :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Colm doesn't like tyrone at all.

BennyCake

getevennotcross

That Brolley is one overbearing and abnoxious little runt. He thinks he knows it all. Ciaran Whealan should slap the wee Deery hoor. A total embarassment to wee folk from the north.

Jinxy

Seriously, something has to be done about the RTE commentary.
How many red bulls is Carney drinking before the game?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gabriel_Hurl

An innnnncccrrreeeedddddddibbbblllleeeee amount