Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 10, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 10, 2015, 04:53:23 PM
You give belts and you take belts.
This has always been the unspoken code.
There is no hypocrisy in what Colm is saying now versus how he played the game himself, despite the attempted spin that's been put on it here.
Eugene McGee wrote about it again today as well.
I'm starting to think Tyrone people simply don't get the concept of manliness.
I would much rather take the Tyrone concept of manliness if the Meath concept is to behave like a sc**bag outside of a nightclub at 2am on a Sunday morning. Acts like McCanns is not classy but at least the man sinned won't be going to A&E.

More's the pity.

But what if he is critical...

...thinking?  :D
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Yea I find that O'Rourke pic and caption embarrassing. That's not what he was giving off about.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dublin7

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 10, 2015, 04:51:22 PM
Did Colm really say that refs were corrupt last night?
What he said was Tyrone and particularly the Cavanagh brothers are getting a reputation for diving and one of these days it will come back to haunt them as one of these days a ref will see Cavanagh go down after a foul and not award a free as he might think there goes your man Cavanagh diving again and he or Tyrone won't get the benefit of the doubt from the ref

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 05:48:12 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 01:41:24 PM
How is re-posting one of your own posts, an attempt to smear you? 

Unless you are smearing yourself... ;D ;D
Take your time reading this.

I wrote that in the Dublin v Fermanagh game thread. It was an objective post. Some might not agree, but no one has tried to argue.

Your reposting of it is an attempt to twist what I have said.

You couldn't respond with a measured post. Like most people in the south, I don't see much ability in you for critical thinking in your posts. That is why I mentioned the Irish education system.

Living in your own ignorance might amuse you with your smilies, but it belies your lack of freethinking.

Explain please, with your superior education and magnificent critical thinking, and this time in a measured post, unlike your last ad hominem, how me re-posting word for word your post was an attempt to 'twist' what you said?
And there you go again. Sarcasm is no substitute for measured analysis nor is firing out terms like 'ad hominem' like it is going out of fashion. I've already answered your question so there's no need for me to repeat it. If you're smart then you know when not to say anything is as important as when not to.

You haven't answered anything.

You spouted some random insults and then ran away.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:32:36 PM

They're only insults if you take them that way. That's not my problem.

Well played you got me.

Sidney, O'Neill or OmaghJoe?

That is the question.........
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

There is no hypocrisy in what Colm is saying now versus how he played the game himself, despite the attempted spin that's been put on it here.

Good god if there is one person who has no notion what is going on it's McGee. Has his magical Black card (that he was raving about after the Mayo/Kerry replay last year) not sorted this all out?

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:48:28 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:44:16 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:32:36 PM

They're only insults if you take them that way. That's not my problem.

Well played you got me.

Sidney, O'Neill or OmaghJoe?

That is the question.........
Still waiting on you to find a quote where I am supposed to proclaimed myself the 'king of critical thinking'.

Don't run away.

Why would I quote you again? The last time I quoted you, that was 'an attempt to twist your words'.

Anyway, you are merely a WUM.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
The words of a beaten man. Sarcasm and hyperbole will only take you so far in life.

Still waiting on that 'king of' quote by the way.

I've already answered your question so there's no need for me to repeat it.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:03:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 07:02:00 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
The words of a beaten man. Sarcasm and hyperbole will only take you so far in life.

Still waiting on that 'king of' quote by the way.

More sarcasm from muppet!

Anyway, still waiting on that 'king of' quote by the way.

Sarcasm? Really? You didn't recognise it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:19:55 PM

C'mon, your wumming is beginning to slip badly. Pity you had started so well.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 10, 2015, 06:46:50 PM

Good god if there is one person who has no notion what is going on it's McGee. Has his magical Black card (that he was raving about after the Mayo/Kerry replay last year) not sorted this all out?

Occasionally (just occasionally mind), he's not completely wrong.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:30:20 PM
Already gave you my answer muppet. If you don't like it, then it is not my problem.

Still waiting on that 'king of' quote, or are you going to keep saying "WUM" to try and avoid looking like an idiot?

You lectured everyone in the 26 counties on their lack of critical thinking abilities, and since then have lectured the 6 counties.

Don't tell me you are equally deficient?

MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: dublin7 on August 10, 2015, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 10, 2015, 04:51:22 PM
Did Colm really say that refs were corrupt last night?
What he said was Tyrone and particularly the Cavanagh brothers are getting a reputation for diving and one of these days it will come back to haunt them as one of these days a ref will see Cavanagh go down after a foul and not award a free as he might think there goes your man Cavanagh diving again and he or Tyrone won't get the benefit of the doubt from the ref

Why is Colm Cavanagh getting the same bad rep as his brother? The example used by JB in his article and TSG was the tackle that led to Hairgate. He did spend a couple of minutes but from a number of viewings he seems to have taken a right thump in the 70th minute of a hard game. If he bounced back up you would have to be thinking he was on drugs.

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 07:39:33 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:30:20 PM
Already gave you my answer muppet. If you don't like it, then it is not my problem.

Still waiting on that 'king of' quote, or are you going to keep saying "WUM" to try and avoid looking like an idiot?

You lectured everyone in the 26 counties on their lack of critical thinking abilities, and since then have lectured the 6 counties.

Don't tell me you are equally deficient?
Where did I say that everyone in the 26 lacked critical thinking abilities? My critique was on the education system of that state discouraging such, and now we have a society in Ireland honed over decades which lacks this ability. This doesn't mean 'everyone' lacks such abilities. It has that most people haven't been taught it. Also as popular as this forum is, I don't think everyone in the south reads it ;)

This goes far beyond just a simple act of idiocy by a Tyrone player getting an opponent sent off. This social blindness has seen massive repercussions from the banking crises, political corruption, the various scandals involving the catholic church in Ireland etc etc. Ireland has never really had a significant enlightenment period like what happened in Europe and it really needs one to happen sooner than later.

Until then we'll still see corrupt politicians topping the polls at the next elections, dodgy businessmen and women fawned over by locals that have been made redundant by them, elements of Irish society having outrageous levels of entitlements, like excusing indiscretions of your own while vilifying that of others. Thankfully there are a small but growing amount of people in Ireland who now approach Freethinking towards their lives, but it is in spite of a political system that seeks to keep political dynasties in place and have those outside of a small elite kept dark and ignorant to the world around them.

Are you one of these people?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 08:10:25 PM
Are you one of these people?
Are you?

You continue to lecture those from both sides of the border on critical thinking. You are thankful for a 'small but growing group of Freethinkers', but you don't seem to know if you are one of them.  ;D

MWWSI 2017

charlieTully

To be fair to Tyrone, as much as I hate to, last nights show was very biased, there was no mention of the constant sledging of McCarron. He has shown some serious courage to keep playing on with the amount of abuse he has taken this summer. Finlay did completely lose it and that was glossed over. The Hughes brothers were at it the whole game too.