The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthehoops

He is an absolute spoofer,but I did think Whelan was going to have a stroke when one of the guys mentioned the professionalism in Dublin. Thought he was going to choke as he tried to interject . Dolan is a breath of fresh air.

BennyHarp

I quite like Dessie Dolan, he seems to know his stuff and talks a bit of sense. But what in under fcuk is Shane Curran doing on that show. I don't know him so he may me an intelligent bloke but his analysis is utterly cringeworthy and at this stage he is just embarrassing himself.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Dessie is very good I have to say.
Could make the step-up to the big leagues.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Dessie is very good indeed, balanced and fair, not a bad word or undertone in his arguments..........were is smug Tomas gone ? Only a matter of time before he was cast aside 

ONeill

Still not sure what Curran's point was about FF and taigs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2015, 11:28:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2015, 10:00:17 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 02, 2015, 09:59:08 PM
Cake is at it again here.

It's the truth tho!

It is in it's arse.
The sooner they stop having this utter spoofer on trying to controversial, the better.
Fits in well with Brolly and Co. Has social media talking about him again which equals success in the eyes of RTE and they will probably give him a regular slot now.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 03, 2015, 01:06:52 AM

It's the truth tho!

It is in it's arse.
The sooner they stop having this utter spoofer on trying to controversial, the better.
Fits in well with Brolly and Co. Has social media talking about him again which equals success in the eyes of RTE and they will probably give him a regular slot now.

You better be right.

manfromdelmonte

Did anyone mention the brilliant tackling technique of the Kerry and Dublin players in the two games over the weekend?

Different class, and you could see the influence of Buckley with Kerry and the mma contact training that Dublin do.

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 03, 2015, 01:33:44 AM
Did anyone mention the brilliant tackling technique of the Kerry and Dublin players in the two games over the weekend?

Different class, and you could see the influence of Buckley with Kerry and the mma contact training that Dublin do.

Dublin's defending is nothing to write home about.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2015, 12:58:30 AM
Still not sure what Curran's point was about FF and taigs.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: blanketattack on August 02, 2015, 11:06:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2015, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 02, 2015, 10:06:35 PM

It's the truth tho!

He won t be asked back though if he upsets the Catholic Church. Des nearly shit himself when he mentioned the Catholic Church.

What the Jesus did Cake say this time.

He couldn't articulate it but his point was probably that the Catholic church, FF and the GAA were the 3 dominant institutions in Ireland, the first two are nearly gone and the GAA could be likewise.

He wasn t allowed articulate it either but not sure he should have tried that analogy  ??? But Cahill and the others should have given him more line. That's what's annoying about these panels. Just when somebody says something interesting another cuts across with oul guff. Spillane is the world champion of reducing a decent discussion to chaff. Today McStay was making a good tactical analysis but Brolly had to get his oar in. It wasn t the Quigley and piazza soundbite but it was no more relevant either. Me, me, me, listen to me instead. He appreciated a Kerryman today taking down a Kildare man (a 30point game) and lambasted Sean Cavanagh 2 years ago for doing something similar in a tight game ::)

beer baron

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 03, 2015, 01:33:44 AM

I'd argue Tyrone are the best tacklers in the game currently. Was actually disappointed in the Dubs takling yesterday, Quigley in particular made himself room  on plenty of occassions. Still think Dubs will win it out though.

Farrandeelin

It's the truth tho!

It is in it's arse.

Agree, he looks like a clown to be honest. It was cringeworthy having the others laughing about his stupid triangles as well I thought. He also had a triangle up of three Sligo defenders doing nothing as two Mayomen broke with the ball (this when he was criticising Sligo kickout strategies) ...  ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

They must have been expecting a big season from Roscommon and went for the inside track by taking on a typical roscommon man.. Disappointment on two counts.
Sometimes they work ie Kerry/ Mayo and Dublin men ruling the roost there. 

J70

Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2015, 01:39:44 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 02, 2015, 11:06:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2015, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 02, 2015, 10:06:35 PM

It's the truth tho!

He won t be asked back though if he upsets the Catholic Church. Des nearly shit himself when he mentioned the Catholic Church.

What the Jesus did Cake say this time.

He couldn't articulate it but his point was probably that the Catholic church, FF and the GAA were the 3 dominant institutions in Ireland, the first two are nearly gone and the GAA could be likewise.

He wasn t allowed articulate it either but not sure he should have tried that analogy  ??? But Cahill and the others should have given him more line. That's what's annoying about these panels. Just when somebody says something interesting another cuts across with oul guff. Spillane is the world champion of reducing a decent discussion to chaff. Today McStay was making a good tactical analysis but Brolly had to get his oar in. It wasn t the Quigley and piazza soundbite but it was no more relevant either. Me, me, me, listen to me instead. He appreciated a Kerryman today taking down a Kildare man (a 30point game) and lambasted Sean Cavanagh 2 years ago for doing something similar in a tight game ::)

I thought Curran's was a valid argument against complacency, even if he wasn't allowed to articulate it properly.