The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Was watching the Laois/Kildare match on SKY. Terrible coverage, not one derogatory comment about a player or a team, no slating the standard of football and for all their stats they couldn't tell me how many handpasses each team did which is critical to any analysis of a GAA match. These SKY people even spent a sizable amount of time talking about the game which is just daft. I'll never watch this rubbish again.

Throw ball

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 07, 2015, 11:44:49 AM
Was watching the Laois/Kildare match on SKY. Terrible coverage, not one derogatory comment about a player or a team, no slating the standard of football and for all their stats they couldn't tell me how many handpasses each team did which is critical to any analysis of a GAA match. These SKY people even spent a sizable amount of time talking about the game which is just daft. I'll never watch this rubbish again.

Do you know if match is to be repeated on sky. Was at a function last night and missed the match.

Minder

Quote from: Throw ball on June 07, 2015, 11:51:07 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 07, 2015, 11:44:49 AM

Do you know if match is to be repeated on sky. Was at a function last night and missed the match.

It was repeated this morning, dunno if it will be on again
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossfan

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 06, 2015, 06:57:53 PM
Michael Lyster rushed to hospital last night with a sudden illness. Fcuk hope he's ok.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=238670

Best wishes Michael.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

5 Sams

Just watched the game again and I'll comment on it later...but Colm O'Rourke really is a bitter fcuker when it comes to Down. For jaysus sake Colm get over it...it was nearly 24 years ago.
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

Pathetic highlights of the Laois hurling match.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

only tuning in now. has the football or hurling been on first???

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Over the Bar

Joe Canning making Dublin defence look like beached whales!

BennyCake

Anthony Daly would need to lay off the jam sandwiches before the show.

Aaron Boone

BennyCake

Can we get a trending thing going or picket the RTE studios and demand they bring back the original theme at the start of the program? That new one is just bollix.

What do you reckon?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2015, 10:12:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2015, 10:07:56 PM
Pathetic highlights of the Laois hurling match.

At least they got Zayne (sp?) Keenan's sideline cut which would have been worth the entrance fee itself. Superb.
Not really! I'd still love a refund.

manfromdelmonte

Why bother showing so much highlights from games that were already shown live both Sunday and Saturday?

When there are other games - Kildare v Laois, Laois v Offaly, Westmeath v Wexford and all the Christy Ring/Rackard/Meagher finals that got no RTE live coverage?

theticklemister

Cause these are the bigger games

They have two commentators at these bigger games

More cameras at these games

Anyway missed the Offaly Laois game. What the hell happened???