The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

clarshack

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 24, 2014, 09:57:49 PM
Peter McKenna is getting a hammering on the Sunday game.

Should he resign?

Sidney

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2014, 12:11:43 AM
Quote from: Sidney on August 25, 2014, 12:09:19 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 24, 2014, 11:52:22 PM

To be fair, comparing the weakest provincial final and an AISF isn't like-for-like. Not as up in arms as some are at this prospect but still it's far from ideal. Even as a supporter when you climb the steps of Croke Park there's something special and unique about the place. It's such a part of the occasion at this stage. It won't be the same, and that's a shame and intriguing.
Ii do believe he's referencing the strongest provincial final, which the Munster hurling final clearly is.
Was that played in Limerick??
Hmmm.....
Yes. I was at it. It was the GAA event I've been at in years.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

I would imagine Limerick is closer to half way between both counties and it has the capacity to hold the crowd.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2014, 09:31:53 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 25, 2014, 12:35:58 AM

Should he resign?

Why?
Cause he's a twat. Mainly.
But also as he would have engineered the College Football game in the middle of peak GAA season

screenexile

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 25, 2014, 09:33:32 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2014, 09:31:53 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 25, 2014, 12:35:58 AM

Should he resign?

Why?
Cause he's a t**t. Mainly.
But also as he would have engineered the College Football game in the middle of peak GAA season

That's his job... he's commercial director of Croke Park and he has a massive event coming there that will generate millions in revenue. I'd imagine he'll be getting some kind of big commission cheque rather than having to resign.

He's not employed by the GAA anyway as far as I know!

Jinxy

PCT is a holding company for the GAA so I presume McKenna is answerable to Padraig Duffy.

Hardy

Disgrace! Down with whoever is responsible! We could have told you this would happen.* Bloody fascists!

(* But we didn't, and to be honest, we never even noticed, but well, now that it's obvious, we're outraged.)

Jinxy

Christy Burke should be brought in to mediate.

macdanger2

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 11:45:30 PM
Good man, another daft comment. Not complaining is ball licking is it??? If you weren't moaning about something you'd have nothing to do. The game is in Limerick a half way point between the two counties boo hoo, it's good enough to hold a munster final so it's surely acceptable to hold an All Ireland semi final.

Half way point???? Have a quick look at a map there will you

Zulu

I don't need to look at the map. If your point is that the pitch should be exactly half way from everywhere in both counties then I'd be interested to hear where this geographical oddity is. The only real options would seem to be Limerick or Galway and Limerick is bigger and more accessible. The Kerry players wouldn't be overly familiar with the ground so I don't know what the problem is.

AZOffaly

Kerry last played there in a qualifer in 2012. I don't really remember Kerry playing much in Limerick, certainly this bunch of players. Mind you, they've probably played underage or challenges there in fairness.

Rossfan

The replay should be in Croke Park which it would have been if that eejity Yank nonsense hadn't been lumped into it in the middle of the busy big game period.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM