The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: WT4E on August 06, 2014, 12:54:17 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 06, 2014, 11:30:24 AM
Quote from: Dont Matter on August 05, 2014, 10:31:39 PM
It's no wonder Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke have lasted so long when the new crew include lads like Whelan and Early. Two spoofers who were fond of using their elbows on the pitch. Tomás is ok but his brother is better, apart from that their all poor. McHugh is a joke, at least Davis is gone but they could do with bringing back Tohill and finding a few new knowledgeable heads.

We wont be getting any lads from Laois on the panel...................... Neanderthals, Parkinson is un-presentable for the t.v

lol Would rather see someone casually dressed giving good analysis - Mugsy and O'Hara should not be used due to crimes against Irish Fashion!

Mugsy is good crack all the same and Eamon keeps the women viewers happy ........................... get rid of Brolly though hes turned to poison

Hoof Hearted

Brolly and Whelan up next
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

macdanger2

Why is Joe allowed to ramble on endlessly??

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2014, 11:24:37 PM

In fairness, he rubbished Galvin's rubbish interview after the game. It was pure patronising rubbish. Then again Galvin has a difficult problem trying to be diplomatic to the opposition these days.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

orangeman

Dublin can barely conceal their surprise at how easy this year is going. Jim's post match interview was funny - him and Philly Mc - Jim saying the 7 day turnaround had a big bearing and Philly MC saying what good players Monaghan have, having played them in Sigerson Cup.
Dublin are just getting stronger and stronger and their game is so easy on the eye.

Hats off to them. The rest will just have to work harder ( if that's possible ).

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2014, 12:01:09 AM
Dublin can barely conceal their surprise at how easy this year is going. Jim's post match interview was funny - him and Philly Mc - Jim saying the 7 day turnaround had a big bearing and Philly MC saying what good players Monaghan have, having played them in Sigerson Cup.
Dublin are just getting stronger and stronger and their game is so easy on the eye.

Hats off to them. The rest will just have to work harder ( if that's possible ).

Because everyone switches off after 20 minutes? It's more unwatchable than the most dour of Ulster struggles. If I wanted to see snuff films I wouldn't be watching RTE.

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 10, 2014, 11:52:03 PM

In fairness, he rubbished Galvin's rubbish interview after the game. It was pure patronising rubbish. Then again Galvin has a difficult problem trying to be diplomatic to the opposition these days.

Haven't seen it yet, but what is Gavin supposed to say? He's either going to be perceived as arrogant or patronizing, depending on how honest he is. He can't win either way.

Jinxy

Lookit, you can't expect every county manager to give great post-match interviews.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2014, 12:28:09 AM

Lookit, you can't expect every county manager to give great post-match interviews.

Grimley's was excellent. Making up for lost time.

Fuzzman

I'm totally biased of course but Gavin really does my head in with his almost saint like attitude like butter would never melt in his mouth and Brolly licking his ar$e again tonight saying how he want his players not only  to be good footballers but nice guys as well. Give me a bucket

What about the time he was caught with all the stolen mobiles and vodafone pulled the plug for AIG to join the fun?

:o :o :o :o :o

I'd say the next game they won't be so saintly as they play yet another non Div 1 team.
We'll see who is the real Jimmy is when it's put up to them for 35 mins this time?

Whitnail

Because of his profession. I think Joe has an obsessive  (almost petty) articulate & meticulous mind.
Everything to him is a puzzle that simply HAS to be worked out.
I think the only real enjoyment he gets out of life is explaining how each puzzle and trick was achieved , how he  unlocked it and. possible scenarios where said trick or tactic may not of worked effectively. Before he knows it he's 5/6 steps ahead of the original question or topic.

Its great in small doses I think but it's a bit sickening in large ones cause it doesn't give other honest pundits a chance to even have an opinion cause Joe has already worked it all out for them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Whitnail on August 11, 2014, 01:16:43 AM
Because of his profession. I think Joe has an obsessive  (almost petty) articulate & meticulous mind.
I think the only real enjoyment he gets out of life is explaining how each puzzle and trick was achieved , how he  unlocked it and. possible scenarios where said trick or tactic may not of worked effectively. Before he knows it he's 5/6 steps ahead of the original question or topic.

Its great in small doses I think but it's a bit sickening in large ones cause it doesn't give other honest pundits a chance to even have an opinion cause Joe has already worked it all out for them.

Or maybe he's just a bluffer, whose knowledge of the modern game is actually very weak but he talks in such a convincing, loud and arrogant fashion that people believe what he is saying.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: Whitnail on August 11, 2014, 01:16:43 AM

This is a particularly profound analysis.

But it needs to be said that Joe insists on solving problems (puzzles) that only he has.
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Was driving on saturday so turned on the radio to listen to the match on Radio 1 when low and behold who was co commentator but Joe Brolly . Straight away my heart went out to the commentator , how the hell was he going to get a word in with Joe the barrister beside him. And so it turned out i didn't know what the hell was goin on as Joe had to be listening to the sound of his own voice. I had to turn it off it was unbearable. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RTE KEEP HIM OFF THE RADIO PLEASE.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001