The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on August 04, 2014, 07:00:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2014, 06:03:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 04, 2014, 06:00:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2014, 05:54:41 PM
It was on TV lads. No need to go losing your rag over the issue being highlighted. And yeah, it is a bit of an issue whether people like it or not.

Why is it an issue?

A similar photo of a well-known Kerry player was highlighted some years back. No one considered it a big deal at all. I've seen it plenty of times myself in many years of playing junior soccer. I'm pretty positive it happens regular at intercounty level. Where are the players going to go, especially in summer weather when they have to drink up before a game?

Then it shouldn't be a big issue either way. Some of the reaction here has been way OTT in the other direction, almost making out the lad pissing on the Croke Park pitch is some victim because someone saw him and posted a picture. He's not a villain or a victim.

You don't think it's embarrassing for him?

How many lads here have pissed against a wall or a tree? f**king all of us,  and none of us would appreciate some eejit highlighting it for all the world to see.

To be fair when you piss against a tree there isn't 30k people staring in your general direction or a world-wide television audience. I hope he wasn't stupid enough to not understand the risk of it being caught. It is what it is. Maybe it's time to invest in catheter bags 8)

take_yer_points

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2014, 07:04:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 04, 2014, 07:00:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2014, 06:03:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 04, 2014, 06:00:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2014, 05:54:41 PM
It was on TV lads. No need to go losing your rag over the issue being highlighted. And yeah, it is a bit of an issue whether people like it or not.

Why is it an issue?

A similar photo of a well-known Kerry player was highlighted some years back. No one considered it a big deal at all. I've seen it plenty of times myself in many years of playing junior soccer. I'm pretty positive it happens regular at intercounty level. Where are the players going to go, especially in summer weather when they have to drink up before a game?

Then it shouldn't be a big issue either way. Some of the reaction here has been way OTT in the other direction, almost making out the lad pissing on the Croke Park pitch is some victim because someone saw him and posted a picture. He's not a villain or a victim.

You don't think it's embarrassing for him?

How many lads here have pissed against a wall or a tree? f**king all of us,  and none of us would appreciate some eejit highlighting it for all the world to see.

To be fair when you piss against a tree there isn't 30k people staring in your general direction or a world-wide television audience. I hope he wasn't stupid enough to not understand the risk of it being caught. It is what it is. Maybe it's time to invest in catheter bags 8)

Exactly. And if course it's embarrassing. More people will have seen it on rte than will see the image on here. I find it very surprising that people find it acceptable

trileacman

Not the first time heard of this happening, Darragh O'Se was one of those who took a slash out there before.

This is the kinda shite that leads up from reading rags like the daily mail or listening to joe duffy, after a while you have to go around looking for reasons to get upset. I'm sure you'll be disgusted to know that bears continue to shit in the woods and the pope is still a catholic.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on August 04, 2014, 07:56:59 PM
Not the first time heard of this happening, Darragh O'Se was one of those who took a slash out there before.

This is the kinda shite that leads up from reading rags like the daily mail or listening to joe duffy, after a while you have to go around looking for reasons to get upset. I'm sure you'll be disgusted to know that bears continue to shit in the woods and the pope is still a catholic.

The O'Shea brothers have better manners than that.

take_yer_points

Quote from: trileacman on August 04, 2014, 07:56:59 PM

At least bears have the decency to go into the woods where there's no crowds or tv cameras

rodney trotter

You sound like you will be scarred for life ,take_yer_points ,after witnessing Goold having a piss.

squire_in_navy_slacks

I think the broadcasters are to blame here, the lads in the vans etc operating the cameras, they could have easily cut away from that scene or not included it............................................its drivel compared to whats going on worldwide

take_yer_points

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 04, 2014, 08:20:18 PM
You sound like you will be scarred for life ,take_yer_points ,after witnessing Goold having a piss.

No, not scarred for life at all - far from it. I think it's a very strange thing to do on a football pitch, particularly when the match is live on TV and with tens of thousands of people in attendance. It's been a pet hate for years and have seen numerous people do it in club matches but never at that level.

I also find it strange that so many people think it's ok.

DuffleKing

This happens every game in croke park and most other championship grounds for generations- it's the main reason why there are huddles before throw in - the majority are providing cover. There is an unwritten rule with media too that they look the other way. Of course every so often a clown will come along and snap it

rodney trotter

So a player should hold in until half time and play a high intense championship game when he has to go? The amount of fluids players take its not much of a surprise,  no doubt he would have went earlier when they were in the dressing room but probaly didn't need to go or was so worked up for the game that he forgot to go. He wasn't named in the orginal team so who knows. Don't see the problem,  there was probaly lots other counties players did in before too, but weren't caught on camera.

BennyHarp

This weekend, Martin McHugh has proven to everyone that he knows feck all, Brolly confirmed that he's a nasty little man and will say anything to get a bit of publicity and they show a player piss on the pitch. Quality stuff!
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 04, 2014, 08:54:25 PM

This happens every game in croke park and most other championship grounds for generations- it's the main reason why there are huddles before throw in - the majority are providing cover. There is an unwritten rule with media too that they look the other way. Of course every so often a clown will come along and snap it

The vast pissing conspiracy at Croke Park deepens.

ck

Just watched last nights Sunday game and all I can say is that Martin McHugh is some pup. Either he is a complete wind up merchant or he seriously has no clue about GAA. To call the gooch a two trick pony is as daft as I've heard.
Do any of you notice that he rarely answers what he's asked and simply says "It's interesting,, if ya look at it..." and then makes some random off the wall statement about his view or he was chatting so and so (name drop, name drop). His analysis is appalling.. but his wild statements were entertaining at least. Is he trying to join the outlandish Spillane and Brolly circus?

highorlow

Davey Brady reckons mchugh saved that one for contraversy. Reckoned he isnt on the tv much so needed to come out with a wild one to get attention.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

imtommygunn

Mchugh lost it a few years ago. Rte just seem to want to have a load of guys like that who grab headlines spouting bullshit. Des Cahill loves it too - seems to be looking for the headline.

Sky plus was made for the sunday game - you can watch it in less than an hour and not have to listen to any nonsense!