The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

can't argue with the 1000 handpasses comment

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2014, 02:26:04 AM
Some of the actual presentation on Sky - the graphics, the VTs, the intro - have actually been remarkably poor.

Rachel Wyse is a far better presenter than Matt Copper, the rest is mostly just having good analysts and co-commentators - the exact same ones as on TV3 in many cases.

Not seeing the revolution or even evolution that some of ye are. Maybe that'll come in time.
Sky Sports GAA  = tv3 + eur36 pm.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 22, 2014, 02:37:53 PM
Had give RTE  amiss the day and decided to watch the game on BBC2 . Who in there right mind thinks Mark Sidebottom should comment  on a GAA game, he has not a clue, never stops talking shite about stuff not relevant to the game, and it is easy to see he has no understanding of this game, Wish peter canvan would tell him to belt up, at least he knows what he talking about!

I done the very same thing.  Sidebottom is terrible, continually talking over Canavan, even couldn't let the lad at half time do his segment without talking over him while he spoke.  Oisin is very good at the job.

joemamas

Is it me or is Donal Og Cusack tough to listen to, his tone almost makes me tune out after 10 seconds. It was one of the most incredible incredible finish I have ever witnessed and he proceeds to bring it down from 60 to 0 in a full 20 seconds.

joemamas

michael Lyster obviously gets it , he mercifully cut him off twice in the past few minutes

5 Sams

Quote from: joemamas on June 22, 2014, 05:42:15 PM
michael Lyster obviously gets it , he mercifully cut him off twice in the past few minutes

Lyster would be one of the few RTE GAA employees (not pundits)that I would have any time for.
The Aristocrat Years

Kidder81

Quote from: joemamas on June 22, 2014, 05:39:15 PM
Is it me or is Donal Og Cusack tough to listen to, his tone almost makes me tune out after 10 seconds. It was one of the most incredible incredible finish I have ever witnessed and he proceeds to bring it down from 60 to 0 in a full 20 seconds.

I actually hadn't seen any of these posts but was about to post that Cusack is really starting to annoy the shit out of me. He seems to think everything he says is the most insightful, profound analysis we have ever heard.

No wonder Sky didn't want him.

Syferus

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 22, 2014, 09:55:50 PM

I actually hadn't seen any of these posts but was about to post that Cusack is really starting to annoy the shit out of me. He seems to think everything he says is the most insightful, profound analysis we have ever heard.

Sky were never in the market for RTE pundits in the first place.

Kidder81

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2014, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on June 22, 2014, 09:55:50 PM

Sky were never in the market for RTE pundits in the first place.

Cusack wanted the job with Sky, Sky didn't want him.

BennyCake

Strange that the closing song tonight was 'You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart' from the film 'In The Name Of The Father', about The Guildford Four. And on the same weekend as Gerry Conlon passed away. Coincidence or deliberate?

Syferus

Why is the Sunday Game set at Croker dressed like a Sweet 16 party?

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2014, 03:42:22 PM

You'd be more familiar with such events, than most of us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2014, 04:13:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2014, 03:42:22 PM

You'd be more familiar with such events, than most of us.

;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Des has went a bit mad on the just for men tonight...

Agent Orange

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2014, 10:40:09 PM
Des has went a bit mad on the just for men tonight...

And the Saint Tropez spray tan.