The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 10, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: Beantown on June 10, 2014, 09:17:39 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on June 10, 2014, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: Beantown on June 10, 2014, 08:14:18 PM
As for The Sunday Game on a Sunday night, can RTE do something about Des Cahill ?? Good god!!!!
Described Brendan Cummings as "bodacious " !!!!!! Dunno what he said about loughnane cos I fell over laughing and then described something with O Se and whelan as "shaq a lack a boom boom"

Come on RTE !!!! It's getting embarrassing.....

Maybe he has them over a barrel for the hair dye and fake tan!

http://www.livegaelic.com/craic/vines-des-cahills-legendary-word-challenge-epic/

Mmmmm, maybe Understated, professional, and host ( not star! ) could be used next week...

If this is how they are taking on Sky god help them. Cahill is a gormless plank.

Ffs, this is just embarrassing. The Sunday Game is not a vehicle for this clown to try and show how funny he is. In my opinion he should be booted off for showing such a lack of professionalism.
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

The last two posts cover what I wanted to say.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
The last two posts cover what I wanted to say.

Bodacious, as they say in RTE.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Of all the things ye could attack Des Cahill for, and there are many, this is the most petty. You'd have to be some tool to call for someone's job over this.

Haven't a problem with it at all.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2014, 10:42:02 PM
Of all the things ye could attack Des Cahill for, and there are many, this is the most petty. You'd have to be some tool to call for someone's job over this.

What's the point of it?

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2014, 10:48:05 PM

What's the point of it?

What's the point of kicking a piece of leather around a patch of grass?

What sort of question is 'what's the point'? A pointless one.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

What's the point of it?

Why is he doing it? A genuine question!

9 people replied to his twitter request for words - 9 people and he feels it is appropriate to use a serious football discussion programme for this little private game. Is it for charity or something?

If Rachel Wyse tried this on Saturday there would be lads here with the pitch forks out, never mind suggesting she should be taken to task for her lack of professionalism. But sure it's deadly craic altogether, I suppose and us Irish love this craic.

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2014, 08:49:01 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 10, 2014, 09:42:24 AM
whether you like Joe Trolly or loathe him is much of a muchness, until he ultimately goes too far in some regard he pulls in more viewers than he alienates, is arguably one of the most creatively provocative and high profile sports figures in Ireland, pulls in the viewing figures and that's that.

Don't understand why O'Rourke gets lumped in by association with the other 2. If he wasn't there it would be worse.

Spillane functioning neither as the insightful, analytical pundit or as the shock jock - sounds very stale and tired and must be the pick of the 3 for a change up.

Who are these people who aren't interested in watching the match but tune in to watch Joe Brolly's analysis? Do they really exist?

It brings to mind this bit of dialogue from the film 'Private Parts' about the shock-jock Howard Stern.

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2014, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

What's the point of it?

Why is he doing it? A genuine question!

9 people replied to his twitter request for words - 9 people and he feels it is appropriate to use a serious football discussion programme for this little private game. Is it for charity or something?

If Rachel Wyse tried this on Saturday there would be lads here with the pitch forks out, never mind suggesting she should be taken to task for her lack of professionalism. But sure it's deadly craic altogether, I suppose and us Irish love this craic.
Des is one kerazy guy. It won't be there on Sunday.

Farrandeelin

Who are the 2 commentators today?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

Tom Carr is the co-commentator anyway and doing his usual bang up job.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 15, 2014, 02:37:08 PM
Who are the 2 commentators today?

Don't you know Tommy Carr when you hear him Farr? The play-by-play commentator is one of the b-team commentators, probably getting the match because of the World Cup, dunno his name.

Zulu

He's actually far better than Morrissey and Canning.

Aaron Boone

Spillane & Brolly have spent the half-time talking about Donegal.

Itchy

And the saviours of football the Dubs get a mention too. I think I could write the script for any RTE half time analysis a couple of weeks before the game.