The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Whelan looked like the piles were playing up something awful last night.

imtommygunn

I rarely listen to Joe etc as they're rubbish but I listened a wee bit yesterday and Joe played the intellectual card when he was talking about how Mayo were "pompous" and Spillane more or less told him he was talking through his arse.

So if Joe's point is in doubt, which it was, then he just insults the guy. Don't get me wrong Spillane is well past his sell by date but if this is the analysis Brolly has resorted to then maybe he is too.

He also seems to not like Mayo.

Mac2

What was O'Se on about saying Andy Moran mightn't be able to do it in Croke Park but he can do it here. He only scored 1-2 in the AIF half fit ffs.

God14

Joe doesn't look well at all. His posture has deteriorated alarmingly. He seems to have lost some weight and his complexion is grey & gaunt. I thought his speech was also a little slurred a few times yesterday.
He looks ill, and if he was diagnosed with something he would be the type to continue on, fight it & and keep it on the QT.

Whatever about the bollix I hope he's ok. He's a very decent fella when all is said & done.

Jinxy

Brolly and O'Rourke are fine together but Spillane just bugs me at this stage.
Every comment seems like it's sole purpose is to set-up some ham-fisted 'controversial' soundbite.
The awkward tension between himself and Joe makes for uncomfortable viewing too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

Can he not get a jacket to fit as it seems to well up his back whatever way he sits in the chair?

Him and Tomas are good in all fairness compared to the others.

If ever you saw fence sitting it was when Ger Lock and big Brendan were asked to comment on the pull from the Waterford full forward on the Cork fullback after a bit of shoving around. Neither really wanted to comment as it was all manly stuff, albeit outside the rules.

TBH, Cork lad hit first with a dig to the ribs, Waterford lad turned and gave him the full of the blade. Not sure how the rules cope with how hard you strike as it could be argued both struck with intent!!

Jinxy

I had to laugh at Ger declaring he hit him an area where he wasn't going to do 'any major damage', therefore the ref was right to let it go.

macdanger2

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 09, 2014, 10:23:46 AM
Carney stutters, trips  and farts his way through the commentary of a game.
Not only is his voice like an oul dolls but he constantly gets names wrong as well as basic detail.
I don't think he can see half the action to be honest. Its downright inaccurate half the time.
He has awful habit of trying to explain a piece of action that happened 10seconds ago whilst the play continues.
Too slow to keep up with the play.

Whelan and O'Se are decent (moreso O'Se). Whelan is a big fluffy dog and wont say anything too controversial or forthright.
Id like to see O'Se have a go at Joe some day on one of the live games.
Joe was particularly fidgety this week in the chair.

Is the aim to be controversial or to analyse the games??

imtommygunn

The aim of Des Cahill seems to be to get as much controversy as possible.

O'Se and Whelan don't seem to like the controversy however I suspect they have both been fingered by video evidence highlighted on the sunday game (definitely O'Se anyway) so probably don't want other players to end up the same as them!

If they keep boys like these maybe they'll get good analysis like the hurling unlike the make a name for yourself controversy crap that's supposed to be analysis these days. O'Se's analysis of Cluxton's kickouts were very interesting. Not often you'd say that after the sunday game.

Jinxy

I can't be sure but I reckon Tomás thinks Dublin have an unfair advantage playing all their games in Croke Park.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 09, 2014, 12:22:17 PM
The aim of Des Cahill seems to be to get as much controversy as possible.

That hair is controversy enough! He must dye the hell out of it..

Asal Mor

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2014, 10:14:54 AM
Martin Carney meanders along for 90% of the game, then gets completely disproportionately excited for the remaining 10%.
He's like a fella that's happily dozing away until his elbow slips off the desk.
;D Dead right Jinxy.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2014, 10:14:54 AM
Quote from: delgany on June 09, 2014, 12:08:49 AM
Martin carney is a very poor co commentator , his tone is dreary and his analysis mundane !  Can't understnad how kevin mc stay cab be co commentator for Mayo matches. Should be a neutral ! His views. Lean too heavily towards Mayo e.gm when Roscommon No 6 got booked for diving , shouldve been a black card for me for mayo defender !

Martin Carney meanders along for 90% of the game, then gets completely disproportionately excited for the remaining 10%.
He's like a fella that's happily dozing away until his elbow slips off the desk.

;D Probably the best description of the man so far!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J OGorman

Quote from: johnneycool on June 09, 2014, 10:57:21 AM
Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

Can he not get a jacket to fit as it seems to well up his back whatever way he sits in the chair?

Him and Tomas are good in all fairness compared to the others.

If ever you saw fence sitting it was when Ger Lock and big Brendan were asked to comment on the pull from the Waterford full forward on the Cork fullback after a bit of shoving around. Neither really wanted to comment as it was all manly stuff, albeit outside the rules.

TBH, Cork lad hit first with a dig to the ribs, Waterford lad turned and gave him the full of the blade. Not sure how the rules cope with how hard you strike as it could be argued both struck with intent!!

T'was great. Great great great. Really great. Ah he's great, great altogether. All joking aside, himself and Whelan are very good.

Asal Mor

I heard Pat for the first time in a couple of years yesterday but the record hasn't changed at all. After the Mayo game "Blanket defence............. too much handpassing................I think we've found a cure for insomnia" etc. Still not analysing the game, just listing all the reasons he didn't enjoy it. He enjoyed the Dublin game though, so that's good to know.