The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 23, 2013, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 23, 2013, 11:27:57 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 22, 2013, 09:51:49 PM
Did ye hear the sh1te from O'Hara - "great game of football " etc
Is it gone like SKY TV - every pundit has to repeat the propoganda of the official position as adopted by RTE?? >:(
If you skytv pc shite talk listen to paul earley on commentary, the amount of cliched BS that came from him during the minor match was cringeful.
Quote from: Qwerty28 on September 23, 2013, 11:19:04 AM
Drop O'Hara for Philly Jordan, a man who has the medals to back up his opinions. How O'Hara though yesterday was a classic is beyond me!
LOL Jordan wouldnt lace O Haras boots ffs, ohara was limited by covering for other passengers around him, how many passengers had tyrone? sure he beat ye by himself in 2002 if you remember. Not OHaras fault he was from Sligo and stayed loyal but shows his character.

I really enjoyed it, it was a strange classic imo. And anytime mayo lose an AI final is a classic to Sligo people tbf.

good lord
:-\

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on September 23, 2013, 12:23:51 PM
I really enjoyed it, it was a strange classic imo. And anytime mayo lose an AI final is a classic to Sligo people tbf.

You don't speak for me or most Sligo people with that comment.
Your were supporting Mayo?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

All right obviously slagging off ohara brings out the worst in me, the above arent a true reflection of my opinions, a bit ott sorry...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 23, 2013, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: Mano on September 23, 2013, 12:23:51 PM

You don't speak for me or most Sligo people with that comment.
Your were supporting Mayo?
I was indeed. I like a lot of people along the Mayo/Sligo border would have parent and family from Mayo so was hoping they would finally win it.

All of a Sludden

It wouldn't be summer without the Sunday Game.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

the Deel Rover

Great to see Tomas o'se on it but time for the other two boys to be given their p45's . Same auld shite from brolly and the programme is only on 1/2 hour. Oh fcuk it's got worse Tommy Carr on as well bad enough havin to listen to him on the radio but on tv now as well.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

All of a Sludden

Brolly started where he left off last year, O'Rourke never really says anything, O'Se got his speak in early, he might not get a word in later. Really looking forward to Sky's coverage, it certainly won't be as negative.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 18, 2014, 03:44:58 PM
Brolly started where he left off last year, O'Rourke never really says anything, O'Se got his speak in early, he might not get a word in later. Really looking forward to Sky's coverage, it certainly won't be as negative.

Yeah i wasn't really in favour of it but it probably can't come fast enough.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Itchy

Same old tired crap. Taxi please.

the Deel Rover

You would have thought at this stage that rte could do something to keep the rain off the camera's
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Hardy

Continuous shite talk on BBC as well where Sidebottom wants every foul to be a black card. He keeps going on about intent as the criterion for a black card and obviously doesn't know there's a specified set of types of foul to which the black card applies. Worse still, McHugh goes along with it. How do these characters get paid to commentate without doing even the most basic research?

trileacman

I hate the idea of Sky Sports coverage of GAA but if they are a smidgeon more positive than RTE or slightly less full of shit than BBC it'll be well worth it. The commentary by these lads is f**king dire.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

the Deel Rover

thanks hardy . Forgot about bbc anything it better than listening to cunningham and carr.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Ah now Hardy, Sidebottom has just said that he was reading the changes in the rules last night . You can't get more professional than that   ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Hardy

That's even worse!

Anyway, the (partly new) Nualas agree that Down are losing because they're not Donegal.