The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2013, 12:03:15 AM
McEntee, McGinley and Jordan have been the shining lights of GAA analysis this year. That leaving cert thing must be a loads of balls.

McEntee always speaks well. McGinley was good on BBC. Jordan does not look comfortable yet - bit more experience required.

Jinxy

Is it too much to ask that RTE let Maloney and McStay do the final?
There was a noticeable lack of paddywhackery and mucksavagery during yesterdays commentary.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on September 02, 2013, 12:16:06 PM
There was a noticeable lack of paddywhackery and mucksavagery during yesterdays commentary.

apart from mcstays ' tammohawked it to the net' comment about mannions goal
WTF!!

would love maloney to do all the GAA games if possible.the best by a mile
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 02, 2013, 01:20:04 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 02, 2013, 12:16:06 PM

apart from mcstays ' tammohawked it to the net' comment about mannions goal
WTF!!

would love maloney to do all the GAA games if possible.the best by a mile

Thought that was a bit weird alright!!  Tony did well and knows his stuff.  Considering too it was his first time in the hot seat he looked fairly comfortable.   I wonder will the GAA be looking at the long term project here of changing the analysts and getting rid of the grumpy old men?

highorlow

Quotewould love maloney to do all the GAA games if possible.the best by a mile

really? i thought he was biased in favour of Dublin all the way through the game.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AZOffaly

I usually like Darragh Maloney, but I was annoyed at the way he kept mixing up Declan and Darran O'Sullivan, Darran and Donnacha Walsh, James O'Donoghue and Declan O'Sullivan etc etc. I wouldn't mind if it was some of the younger lads too much, but Jaysus them lads are on the go a long time at the top level.

seafoid

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2013, 11:45:39 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on September 01, 2013, 11:36:04 PM
Thought the analysis this afternoon was once again a disgrace.
Tyrone minors were torn apart at half time, we were told by Spillane that the Tyrone template no longer works ( well that's another All Ireland final reached) so must be doing something right. Think that's five minor finals since 2000.
Secondly during the Senior game. Prior to throw in and at half time (Tyrone) were again mentioned for negative tactics, f**k me they weren't even playing in the game, and had no need to be mentioned.
Brolly then at the end goes on to wax lyrical about Dublin playing pure and non cynical football (the game was a joy no doubt) - however he made no mention of the most cynical incident in the game, when Johnny Cooper tripped Colm Cooper when going through for a score. It was as bad as the Cavanagh incident but you won't hear a word about it.

The anti Tyrone agenda is shocking, why are Tyrone mentioned during a Dublin v Kerry game?
Hope our minors show that the Template is still alive and well!!

what you're seeing is a changing of the guard.

The senior all-ireland will be won by either of two teams who don't have a blanket defence.

Systems are changing and philosophies are changing.
Donegal will be back next year.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2013, 11:45:39 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on September 01, 2013, 11:36:04 PM
Thought the analysis this afternoon was once again a disgrace.
Tyrone minors were torn apart at half time, we were told by Spillane that the Tyrone template no longer works ( well that's another All Ireland final reached) so must be doing something right. Think that's five minor finals since 2000.
Secondly during the Senior game. Prior to throw in and at half time (Tyrone) were again mentioned for negative tactics, f**k me they weren't even playing in the game, and had no need to be mentioned.
Brolly then at the end goes on to wax lyrical about Dublin playing pure and non cynical football (the game was a joy no doubt) - however he made no mention of the most cynical incident in the game, when Johnny Cooper tripped Colm Cooper when going through for a score. It was as bad as the Cavanagh incident but you won't hear a word about it.

The anti Tyrone agenda is shocking, why are Tyrone mentioned during a Dublin v Kerry game?
Hope our minors show that the Template is still alive and well!!

what you're seeing is a changing of the guard.

The senior all-ireland will be won by either of two teams who don't have a blanket defence.

Systems are changing and philosophies are changing.

What complete and utter nonsense!

omagh_gael

Ah sure ignorance is bliss Screen. Indiana is giddy with excitement following yesterdays match (and so he should be) so we can't expect him to be fully objective here. Like most things in life there is very little black and white, Dublin and Kerry both play blanket defence the same as most other teams. There is a spectrum with teams like Tyrone at one end and then Dublin, and the odd time, Kerry at the other. This gap isn't huge yet certain individuals in the media would have us believe that it's the width of the grand canyon.

Moreover Indy eulogised the one on one marking yesterday which was rubbish as there were loads of occasions where 'pack' defending disposed/stopped the relevant forward. See Nally's pics over on the match thread.

A great game yesterday and fair play to both teams. Will be a great final.

Declan

Forgot to record the live game and my God is the RTE player annoying or what - frozen on a feckin ad for Ariel for the last 20 mins!!

Crumpet

If you are using Chrome or Firefox install the AdBlock addon.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2013, 12:13:11 AM
Pretty sure Captain Obvious is McEntee after he alluded to Monaghan's minors 'over-celebrating' their Ulster win. Either that or the Captain is directing him behind the scenes via a hidden microphone.
Great minds think alike and both of us were right. Monaghan showed the signs of celebration against Tipperary and if they only managed twelve points against Tyrone then they would have lost the Ulster final by eight points.

Hoof Hearted

Wankers !!
Had a family function to attend to today so I switched the phone off to avoid the score and watch the Sunday Game as if it was 3.30 all over again.
1st thing Cahill says us that we will be back again in 3 weeks !!!
w**ker
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 08, 2013, 09:48:48 PM
w**kers !!
Had a family function to attend to today so I switched the phone off to avoid the score and watch the Sunday Game as if it was 3.30 all over again.
w**ker

He meant for the International Rules.

BTW any football tickets in Derry?
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 09:58:24 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 08, 2013, 09:48:48 PM
w**kers !!
w**ker

He meant for the International Rules.

BTW any football tickets in Derry?

nah 20th anniversary from our holy grail - all roads lead to Dublin !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012