The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

This is the point where someone mentions how good the TG4 lads are, even though they could be just repeating the 1916 proclamation ad nauseum for 70 minutes and almost no one would be any the wiser.

Rossfan

First Syfín it's "Ad nauseum"
Secondly something like 1.5 million people in the 26 Cos say they can understand Irish.
If you can't it's a poor reflection on you after 8 years in Primary School and I presume you have now completed 1st year in secondary.
Anyway as it's TV you can see what's happening so the few words they use should grow on you.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2013, 04:23:59 PM
First Syfín it's "Ad nauseum"
Secondly something like 1.5 million people in the 26 Cos say they can understand Irish.
If you can't it's a poor reflection on you after 8 years in Primary School and I presume you have now completed 1st year in secondary.
Anyway as it's TV you can see what's happening so the few words they use should grow on you.

I'm blaming auto-correct.

lynchbhoy

rte need to get ryle nugent commentating on the football and hurling !!!!

Hardy

Ad nauseam. But that was a stupid comment about TG4.

Applesisapples

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 03, 2013, 01:22:42 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 03:03:22 PM
The best commentary team by far is Maloney and McStay.
McStay mightn't be everyones cup of tea ('hot zone' etc.) but at least he knows what he's talking about.

Darragh Maloney is the best GAA commentator on the TV by a long way.
+1...oh and  our Mark is a close second! Seriously though Canning, Morrissey et al are crap. They can't even call what's in front of them.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2013, 04:47:34 PM

Horseen, just pre-empting the love-in for a station whose coverage is on RTE's level of quality but dressed in a frilly Seán Bán-shaped dress. Een.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

joemamas

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 03, 2013, 05:04:58 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 03, 2013, 01:22:42 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 03:03:22 PM
The best commentary team by far is Maloney and McStay.
McStay mightn't be everyones cup of tea ('hot zone' etc.) but at least he knows what he's talking about.

Darragh Maloney is the best GAA commentator on the TV by a long way.
+1...oh and  our Mark is a close second! Seriously though Canning, Morrissey et al are crap. They can't even call what's in front of them.

Yes they can.

Ooooooh, its another huge one.

Ard-Rí

I liked Ger Canning's commentary on our match versus Kildare last year.

Ger - "And he is off. Daryl Flynn's second yellow ... equals a red."

Co-commentator - "That is most correct."
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

babarino

Quote from: yellowcard on July 01, 2013, 12:24:00 PM
Watched the Cavan v Monaghan match the other night and the camera man must have been a lad on work experience. More interested in showing shots of the managers, Jim McGuinness and inappropriate replays when the action was still going on. Missed one point for Monaghan completely due to a replay being shown.

Watched the Saturday Game on RTE Player. Was it Carney who was talking like it was Cavan playing Cavan at one stage? Couldn't seem to distinguish between us two! Man, the McMahons and O'Reilly's spilled blood over our differences.

Eoin Lennon was making some great catches and they couldn't name him until near the end of the game. Everyone was Hughes!

They had some good moments all the same - spotted the goal / penalty incident early and the goalkeeper steps and did manage to capture the nature of the game and were upbeat. Not many neutrals would have been.

Hardy

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2013, 05:17:21 PM

Horseen, just pre-empting the love-in for a station whose coverage is on RTE's level of quality but dressed in a frilly Seán Bán-shaped dress. Een.

As I saideen - stupideen commenteen.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2013, 08:26:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2013, 05:17:21 PM

As I saideen - stupideen commenteen.

Ieen thinkeen someoneen is holdeen TG4een to a-een highereen standardeen thaneen it derserveens.

Hardy

How would you know if you don't understand a word they're saying? Stupid comment.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2013, 08:31:42 PM
How would you know if you don't understand a word they're saying? Stupid comment.

Where did I say I didn't understand what was being said? Keep up(een).

The studio shows are all subtitled and despite some rave reviews rather than being geriatric bollixing about that the Sunday Game deals in it's just plain boring, and Sean Ban is starting to do his best Pat Spillane impression these days anyways. People are getting their faces pummelled in by RTE and because TG4 is only giving us a Chinese burn they feel like we should be celebrating their analysis.

Neither is up to much and both have a few good voices in a sea of nothing. The GAA nor the stations covering it have never know how to promote the sports properly.