The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

See where Carney was saying the goalie touched the ball on the ground, and that's why Dublin got a free in, even though Morgan Flaherty (I think) was actually getting booked for bringing McMenamon down just as he shot.

Hardy

He's a complete flute. The ha-ha-ing between himself and Morrissey when Hawkeye was invoked was pure Ireland's Own.

And Canning! Jesus Christ! Does he have to emphasise every time he mentions Brian Meade that it's Meade the player, not Meath the team, as if it was the same word? I know he's from Kathleen Lynch land, where dere's no differ between dem, like. But he does actually pronounce his "th's", so what's he on about?

AZOffaly

I think Ger has a new catchword too. Watch for it. It used to be 'a huuuugee one in' (even if it was a 10 yard miskick). Now he seems to have found spirtual enlightenment as every pass or shot is now 'Beautifully in there'.

Syferus

I had a dream last night where I was on the sideline watching Marty interview Cake after the AI club final. The fecker was too high and mighty to even look at me.

Jinxy

The best commentary team by far is Maloney and McStay.
McStay mightn't be everyones cup of tea ('hot zone' etc.) but at least he knows what he's talking about.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 03:03:22 PM
McStay mightn't be everyones cup of tea ('hot zone' etc.) but at least he knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, used to (really) hate McStay as well, but he's grown on me. Does his homework, Looks at the game and gives a decent analysis. 

theticklemister

first sunday game of the season this morning for me. Enjoyed it very much.

joemamas

Minder

Quote from: theticklemister on July 01, 2013, 03:41:56 PM
first sunday game of the season this morning for me. Enjoyed it very much

so Ger.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2013, 02:46:59 PM
I think Ger has a new catchword too. Watch for it. It used to be 'a huuuugee one in' (even if it was a 10 yard miskick). Now he seems to have found spirtual enlightenment as every pass or shot is now 'Beautifully in there'.

Maybe I misunderestimated Canning. The innuendo leaps of the page when it is written like dat!
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on July 01, 2013, 07:37:33 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on July 01, 2013, 03:41:56 PM
first sunday game of the season this morning for me. Enjoyed it very much

so Ger.
So Brian

http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/734/459670/
58 seconds in, Anthony  Daly calls Ger Canning "Brian"

But Brian is ultra professional and the interview proceeds without comment 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2013, 07:46:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2013, 02:46:59 PM

Maybe I misunderestimated Canning. The innuendo leaps of the page when it is written like dat!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 03:03:22 PM

Darragh Maloney is the best GAA commentator on the TV by a long way.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hardy

Except when Dublin are playing.