The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

What was the consensus on Ricey last night?
I didn't see it myself but a few lads in work here said he came across well, if maybe a bit scruffy and edgy.

balladmaker

QuoteWhat was the consensus on Ricey last night?
I didn't see it myself but a few lads in work here said he came across well, if maybe a bit scruffy and edgy.

Nice fella, not a great speaker.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 17, 2013, 03:49:01 PM
What was the consensus on Ricey last night?

Didn't think he was great to be honest. Seemed to trip over his words a lot and didn't really express his thoughts coherently. Although maybe he was a bit nervous. Ciaran Whelan seemed to do 80% of the talking between them anyway.

Denn Forever

Thought he was good but he does not have the scruffy chic of Paul Galvin.

He seemed to trip over some words but I wanted to pole axe Des when he finished off a sentence of McMenemen's.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

QuoteI'd wonder does he speak very slowly naturally or was he extremely nervous.

Now he knows how those he was marking felt...
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fuzzman

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2013, 05:22:08 PM
I think he has a bit of a stammer

I thought that too from after a match last year or the year before. He manages it quite well and fair play to him for going on the show if he does.

Ard-Rí

He's a great lad. Wheelan was very nervous too when he started off, grew into the role and you'd never guess the class of bollox he was on the pitch now.
Ricey will be fine. Damnable pair of eyebrows though.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Dont Matter

Nice to see more and more mention of the money the Dubs got to win their football All Ireland and improve at hurling. Just a pity no one mentioned the actual figure. You all know what I mean.
As Cheddar said, if Leix got the money the Dubs got we'd be a level 1 team now. Same goes for a number of other teams. Glad too that there's some murmours of equal distribution of wealth. Would be nice to see. The GAA; a fine communist organisation.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

BennyHarp

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 17, 2013, 07:18:51 PM
Nice to see more and more mention of the money the Dubs got to win their football All Ireland and improve at hurling. Just a pity no one mentioned the actual figure. You all know what I mean.
As Cheddar said, if Leix got the money the Dubs got we'd be a level 1 team now. Same goes for a number of other teams. Glad too that there's some murmours of equal distribution of wealth. Would be nice to see. The GAA; a fine communist organisation.

Yawn!
That was never a square ball!!

Dont Matter

Donegal spent a million and look what they did last year. Money matters, money gets you success or atleast improves your standards.
People are going on about the one sided matches, there's one way of dealing with it. Give everyone the same amount of money to prepare their teams. It's simple.
If we were listen to yawners like you, we'd still be living in caves, eating the leftovers of one another.
Peter Quinn

Itchy

What's this got to do with the Sunday game?

imtommygunn

It was good to see extensive highlights of the games on tg4 tonight rather than the titbits we see between talking on the sunday game!

Denn Forever

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 17, 2013, 09:58:37 PM
It was good to see extensive highlights of the games on tg4 tonight rather than the titbits we see between talking on the sunday game!

Sorry TSG, this how a highlights show should be done.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 17, 2013, 09:51:56 PM
Donegal spent a million and look what they did last year. Money matters, money gets you success or atleast improves your standards.
People are going on about the one sided matches, there's one way of dealing with it. Give everyone the same amount of money to prepare their teams. It's simple.
If we were listen to yawners like you, we'd still be living in caves, eating the leftovers of one another.

And keyboard warriors are the basis of all good revolutions! Your points are nonsense and just repeating them regardless of the thread make me yawn.
That was never a square ball!!

Dont Matter

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 17, 2013, 10:18:42 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 17, 2013, 09:51:56 PM

And keyboard warriors are the basis of all good revolutions! Your points are nonsense and just repeating them regardless of the thread make me yawn.

I'd probably yawn at your posts also, except I only remember reading two of them. The two responding to me. You're not interesting enough to get a yawn even.
Peter Quinn