The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Throw ball on April 18, 2022, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 18, 2022, 05:37:48 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on April 18, 2022, 04:28:03 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 18, 2022, 04:20:41 PM
MMA hyperbole alert. He grabbed someone who was attacking him by the legs to make him fall over. A fairly basic and instinctive thing to do.

Problem is there is no rule that allows self defence- even if you think that is what he was doing

What rule is there against grabbing a players legs?

Deliberate trip...black card  8)

Exactly, not a red card offence.

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 18, 2022, 05:56:21 PM
Somebody said here lifting a man up by the legs and taking him down not dangerous, it's one of the most dangerous things in fball, you actually rarely see see it, red many a time in rubgy if the lad  tipped over the imaginary horizonal. As for been assaulting by 2men, don't think you lads been on the receiving of a actual assault, otherwise you know what the f**k you actually talking about.

So are you saying that the two Fermanagh lads did nothing wrong and McKenna did?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

Instead of polluting 3 or 4 threads could the Mods maybe open up an Ulster Melees thread and move all posts about the regular gobsh1tery into it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

quit yo jibbajabba

Some yous Ros ones went on a bit about your match with Derry to be fair. Still girnin a month later ffs 😂

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 18, 2022, 07:39:36 PM
MMA hyperbole alert. He grabbed someone who was attacking him by the legs to make him fall over. A fairly basic and instinctive thing to do.

Problem is there is no rule that allows self defence- even if you think that is what he was doing

Category lll infraction

5.17 To behave in any way which is dangerous to an
opponent.

PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOUL -
(i) Order offender off.

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on April 18, 2022, 10:44:58 PM

Category lll infraction

opponent.

(i) Order offender off.

What does 'dangerous to an opponent' actually mean?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 18, 2022, 11:03:23 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 18, 2022, 10:44:58 PM

Category lll infraction

opponent.

(i) Order offender off.

What does 'dangerous to an opponent' actually mean?
FWIW in soccer it's defined as being careless (perhaps a foul but nothing more), reckless (yellow card) or using excessive force (red card) means that the player has far exceeded the necessary
use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

oakleaflad

Quick question folks. Missed The Sunday Game last night. Checked the RTE Player this morning but it doesn't appear to be available. Do we know if it does be uploaded to the player?

snoopdog

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 02, 2022, 09:39:17 AM
Quick question folks. Missed The Sunday Game last night. Checked the RTE Player this morning but it doesn't appear to be available. Do we know if it does be uploaded to the player?
It does be on player. But prob not so soon after. Might be there this evening.

oakleaflad

Quote from: snoopdog on May 02, 2022, 09:55:16 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on May 02, 2022, 09:39:17 AM
It does be on player. But prob not so soon after. Might be there this evening.
Thank you

lenny

Sean Cavanagh must be the worst pundit ever on the sunday game. He offers nothing in terms of analysis but it's his pathetic attempts at humour which is very off putting.

imtommygunn

What's the saying... if he were a lollipop he'd eat himself  ;D

Rudi

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2022, 07:26:11 AM
What's the saying... if he were a lollipop he'd eat himself  ;D

Lick himself

smort

Captain Scarlet

Like I just don't get it. The technical crews are hired in and the team behind the cameras are nearly all the same no matter what channel and they all cost a fair whack BUT for some reason RTÉ let their pundits half-arse it.
Like in Cavan v Donegal I was subjected to Pat blowing again and Noelle Healy being shouted down by the same fella. Like she can be good but no-one can work with Spillane and he says nothing.

Then McStay just kept saying Division 4 v Division 1 and harping back to Cavan 2020. And 'the sub' scored the Donegal goal. FFS you are being paid and there is a programme in front of you.

Also, they are talking about long balls in. At least one of the Donegal 'long balls' in was a shot at goal that dropped. But they assigned it as a tactic.

Like all that set-up costs a fortune and I can't understand why they have the likes of Pat on to make a bollix of it all and give no insight. I know ya can't know every player but pick up the phone and chat a local journo if needs be. Find things out.

I can't listen to Cora either and Dessie Dolan on co-comms literally just says what we just saw. A lad kicks a pint..."that's right Marty. He got the ball and out it over the bar!"

Darragh and Eamon Fitz are a good team in fairness, but Christ. They need a cull or give lads a kick up the arse.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

McStay's contributions and presence was totally pointless yesterday.
"The next score is vital" when the teams were level in the second half.
I'd never gave guessed ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM