Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 07:02:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Quigley is class. That goal and aftermath shows what gaelic football has lost.

Overweight full forwards that can't run? Not sure we miss them much.

Did you see Connolly's two points today- a thoroughbred athlete with perfect skills execution.

That's modern Gaelic Football.

The Seamus Quigley's Rebels without a Cause of this world always end their careers wondering what might have been had they swopped pizza  for proper nutrition.

Ah steady Indiana some of our coppers loving team didn't cover themselves in glory circa 2001 to 2009. Johnny Magee had an arse like the back of a bus and Shane Ryan had a ponch like Santa at one stage

blanketattack

Quote from: supersub on August 02, 2015, 07:21:23 PM
Dublin 5/4
Kerry 6/4

With Dublin having a much harder semifinal (on paper anyway) means Dublin would be heavy favourites if they get over their semi.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 09:09:50 PM
25-3 in fermanagh's favour the free count today.

That referee should never be allowed referee at this level again.

Out of his depth

The Fermanagh backs weren't close enough to be able to foul most of the time. Contextless stats are meaningless stats.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: laoislad on August 02, 2015, 07:16:45 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 07:02:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Quigley is class. That goal and aftermath shows what gaelic football has lost.

Overweight full forwards that can't run? Not sure we miss them much.

Did you see Connolly's two points today- a thoroughbred athlete with perfect skills execution.

That's modern Gaelic Football.

The Seamus Quigley's Rebels without a Cause of this world always end their careers wondering what might have been had they swopped pizza  for proper nutrition.
Will the patrons of McGowans be safe tonight?

Thought you were a lover of The George  ;)  :-* :-*

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2015, 09:12:10 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 09:09:50 PM
25-3 in fermanagh's favour the free count today.

That referee should never be allowed referee at this level again.

Out of his depth

The Fermanagh backs weren't close enough to be able to foul most of the time. Contextless stats are meaningless stats.

Have you seen some of the "frees" awarded to Fermanagh today?

giveballaghback

Well I said in an earlier post that regardless of todays result Fermanagh are the team of this years championship and how right i am, what a performance today against all the odds, if you take indianas snide and ignorant comments about Sean Quigley as fact then every player that plays in the rugby world cup can be considered as unfit and ill prepared, the thing is Quigley after putting in a hard shift was going better than any Dublin player at the end, maybe if the dubs were given proper dinners instead of bangers and mash when they were kids they would have a bit of stamina as well, yere factory athletes well get turned over once again in the semi, maybe they should try cabbage and bacon, Cluxton was pushed over the line like a feather weight, as for Connolly an athlete? for .... sake, im outa here, wheres me old moores almanac so I can read proper bull.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 02, 2015, 09:13:45 PM
If my county were serious contenders for the All Ireland and the defence conceded 1-7 to a pizza munching fat arse, I know what I would worry about more.

In fairness I think you'll agree that maybe the goal should not have stood.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

INDIANA

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 02, 2015, 09:30:09 PM
Well I said in an earlier post that regardless of todays result Fermanagh are the team of this years championship and how right i am, what a performance today against all the odds, if you take indianas snide and ignorant comments about Sean Quigley as fact then every player that plays in the rugby world cup can be considered as unfit and ill prepared, the thing is Quigley after putting in a hard shift was going better than any Dublin player at the end, maybe if the dubs were given proper dinners instead of bangers and mash when they were kids they would have a bit of stamina as well, yere factory athletes well get turned over once again in the semi, maybe they should try cabbage and bacon, Cluxton was pushed over the line like a feather weight, as for Connolly an athlete? for .... sake, im outa here, wheres me old moores almanac so I can read proper bull.

Nothing snide about it at all. I'm simply bemused how someone who is quite obviously very talented , that his 2 stone overweight girth is a case for celebration by the GAA world. And then the even more ludricrous suggestion that if he got fitter he'd dis-improve. Bizarre, bizarre stuff in my opinion.
This isn't the 70's you know

rrhf

Strong post.  Claxton 10 years ago would have bulled through Sean and maybe hit him a wee kick as well.  Either his diet has sapped his strength or he's done anyway.

Syferus

#DropClux

The rest of Ireland will be thankful.

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 09:40:03 PM
Strong post.  Claxton 10 years ago would have bulled through Sean and maybe hit him a wee kick as well.  Either his diet has sapped his strength or he's done anyway.

We've never had a keeper called Claxton.

macdanger2

Quote from: blanketattack on August 02, 2015, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: supersub on August 02, 2015, 07:21:23 PM
Dublin 5/4
Kerry 6/4

With Dublin having a much harder semifinal (on paper anyway) means Dublin would be heavy favourites if they get over their semi.

The weight of money on Dublin means their odds will always be shorter than their "true" odds though

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

The weight of money on Dublin means their odds will always be shorter than their "true" odds though

Of course you're right - it's clear that Dublin won't even make it to the final.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 02, 2015, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

Of course you're right - it's clear that Dublin won't even make it to the final.

Of course you're right - it's clear he was dismissing Dublin.

T Fearon

15/2 Mayo doesn't look bad value.Bound to break the hoodoo sooner or later.