Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
God bless all your innocences if you think that song hasn't been 'rededicated' and that the singers don't know that the Taigs know well what's being 'celebrated'.

Not surprising I suppose (that such is deemed 'expected') when one of their political mandarins talks about having to 'hold his nose' when fulfilling the duties of political office with equally mandated representatives from the 'fenian' community.

You've a lot of anger in you lad... There are seriously thick bigots supporting certain teams ... But they are clampits of the highest order and don't represent everybody... Even you with your educated background and non biased view on things can agree on that??

Sure, they're not representative of everyone from one 'tradition' or another, but the inexcusable is tolerated far too blithely in Our Wee Two Thirds of a Province.

Not angry, but not afraid to call it for what it is, and in 2015 it's not pretty.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 06:26:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
God bless all your innocences if you think that song hasn't been 'rededicated' and that the singers don't know that the Taigs know well what's being 'celebrated'.

Not surprising I suppose (that such is deemed 'expected') when one of their political mandarins talks about having to 'hold his nose' when fulfilling the duties of political office with equally mandated representatives from the 'fenian' community.

You've a lot of anger in you lad... There are seriously thick bigots supporting certain teams ... But they are clampits of the highest order and don't represent everybody... Even you with your educated background and non biased view on things can agree on that??

Sure, they're not representative of everyone from one 'tradition' or another, but the inexcusable is tolerated far too blithely in Our Wee Two Thirds of a Province.

Not angry, but not afraid to call it for what it is, and in 2015 it's not pretty.

It happens in a lot of pubs during these games... There has been serious inroads made by a lot of good men to change that view and in most times its happened... You will always get arseholes with too much drink and nothing between the ears...

You've  simply tarred them all ... You're not being too clever with that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 06:40:09 PM
It happens in a lot of pubs during these games... There has been serious inroads made by a lot of good men to change that view and in most times its happened... You will always get arseholes with too much drink and nothing between the ears...

"Them all", really? My most frequent companion at Tyrone gaelic games in the last year was my Protestant brother-in-law, so I take it you're not saying that I'm tarring him too?

Any naked sectarian edge is unacceptable, totally, but it's actually not the fault of those vacuous morons - they're a product of the environment that our colonial masters have carved out for them. They're behaving exactly as they were designed to behave.

imtommygunn

You are definitely guilty of a pretty sweeping generalisation here...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 06:49:43 PM

"Them all", really? My most frequent companion at Tyrone gaelic games in the last year was my Protestant brother-in-law, so I take it you're not saying that I'm tarring him too?

Any naked sectarian edge is unacceptable, totally, but it's actually not the fault of those vacuous morons - they're a product of the environment that our colonial masters have carved out for them. They're behaving exactly as they were designed to behave.

They and they're used a lot in in your posts... But hey your protestant brother-in-law probably thinks differently when not with you at the Tyrone games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2015, 06:51:37 PM
You are definitely guilty of a pretty sweeping generalisation here...

Yes, those that talk of 'holding their noses' or sing the 'Billy Boys', they're all vacuous morons. If you think that some of those who so engage aren't, please enlighten me as to why.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 07:12:11 PM

They and they're used a lot in in your posts... But hey your protestant brother-in-law probably thinks differently when not with you at the Tyrone games

A very ignorant comment, and you accuse me of generalisations: so why would he think differently when not at a Tyrone game with me?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 07:17:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 07:12:11 PM

A very ignorant comment, and you accuse me of generalisations: so why would he think differently when not at a Tyrone game with me?

Ignorant?? You make me laugh... You make sweeping generalising statements about themuns but seem to think your brother law is not thinking the same??

He probably isn't as he may on the extreme off chance be a decent fella with half a brain... Those that don't have a brain will follow crowd.... It happens in both sides... Plenty bomb scares around the place, are they morons??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 07:26:21 PM
Ignorant?? You make me laugh... You make sweeping generalising statements about themuns but seem to think your brother law is not thinking the same??

He probably isn't as he may on the extreme off chance be a decent fella with half a brain... Those that don't have a brain will follow crowd.... It happens in both sides... Plenty bomb scares around the place, are they morons??

So quote me one of my 'sweeping generalisations'.

Sure, we have our quota of morons too, but this thread is about the 6 county soccer team, and some of you seem to think that no one in the Shankill goes to the games, where they might be inclined to sing the 'Billy Boys' or such like. Let's just call it balance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 07:33:47 PM

Sure, we have our quota of morons too, but this thread is about the 6 county soccer team, and some of you seem to think that no one in the Shankill goes to the games, where they might be inclined to sing the 'Billy Boys' or such like. Let's just call it balance.

Would that be the same for Falls road men heading to a Rangers Celtic game singing 'normal' songs?? Rose tinted slightly, no??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 07:42:00 PM

Would that be the same for Falls road men heading to a Rangers Celtic game singing 'normal' songs?? Rose tinted slightly, no??

Changing the subject, much?

Rangers-Celtic is a whole different brew, not too much glory to be spread around such, in general.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 07:48:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 07:42:00 PM

Changing the subject, much?

Rangers-Celtic is a whole different brew, not too much glory to be spread around such, in general.

Soccer yobs sing sectarian songs.... Hmmmm there is a minority that does it.. To blame them all is daft

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2015, 07:50:16 PM
Soccer yobs sing sectarian songs.... Hmmmm there is a minority that does it.. To blame them all is daft

Only in Our Wee Two Thirds of a Province, and I blame only those who engage in it, or rather, the politicos that lead them to engage in such. So please stop putting words in my mouth.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.