The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quote from: TabClear on May 12, 2019, 07:56:50 PM
MR2, I'm fairly sure you know the point I was making about this City "team". City have racked up 198 points in 2 years, that is phenomenal. United had a couple of great teams over the period but could they have lived with this current city team? In my opinion I don't think so. But That's subjective and it's like  the Pele vs Messi vs Maradona debate of trying to compare over different eras. In any case the village idiot has probably has made his first valid point on this board in that City had to get 98 points this year because they were pushed all the way. Thats highly unusual given the points they won.

The only idiot here is the one suggesting 98 points in a season make City the 'greatest ever'EPL side. So by your assessment of greatest Liverpool finishing 2nd on 97
points are better than any of United's 13 wins with less than 97?  ;D ::)  Have you any more straws to clutch at and I'll be happy to bat your argument down all day long? ;D

imtommygunn

You are calling other people an idiot ;D

Any word on those 8 bars?

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 12, 2019, 08:11:15 PM
Tabclear i think we know the point youre making and its not far off. Trouble is youve OTB the fuckwit who'll come on and ruin any chance of a sensible discussion and MR2 who in a way is even worse as hes not on the wind up just a bit of a stupid f**ker who feels he has to have an input on pretty much any topic

;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 12, 2019, 07:58:30 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2019, 05:00:21 PM
Hard luck. Drawing with Utd and Everton proved costly in the end.

Such a result was worth giving OGS the job full time! When you look at it closely there was more than one loser out of that result!

Hard Luck!

Seriously can you not bring Utd into the discussion. I know Utd are shit and if you're trying to antagonize me, then more hard luck  :P. I was being sincere, you all don't collectively have to believe it (as you all probably don't), but I was.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2019, 09:03:53 PM

Such a result was worth giving OGS the job full time! When you look at it closely there was more than one loser out of that result!

Hard Luck!

Seriously can you not bring Utd into the discussion. I know Utd are shit and if you're trying to antagonize me, then more hard luck  :P. I was being sincere, you all don't collectively have to believe it (as you all probably don't), but I was.

Hold on, you brought Man Utd into the Discussion, We beat the other Utd in the League home and away (Newcastle)! Liverpool had 7 draws this season and you highlighted two! You have a strange way of being sincere!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 12, 2019, 09:11:39 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 12, 2019, 09:03:53 PM

Hard Luck!

Hold on, you brought Man Utd into the Discussion, We beat the other Utd in the League home and away (Newcastle)! Liverpool had 7 draws this season and you highlighted two! You have a strange way of being sincere!

Well I was being sincere...honestly. I suppose the fact those 2 draws stand out were the last two Liverpool dropped points in afaik.

Given the fact Utd were missing a good few players that day is why I mentioned them. I meant not to bring 'how crap they are'. Tadhg an Mhargaidh knows that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Over the Bar

Ach the Liverpool fans are hurting Farrandeelin. They were odds-on for a first title in 29 years but blew a 10 point lead. You'd be a bit tetchy too in those circumstances.  Their anger will pass, it always does! They are the EPL's perrennial failure merchants ;D

ONeill

Next year for City it has to be CL. Next year for Liverpool it has to be the PL. For that reason I'd lump on Liverpool for 2019/20.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ONeill on May 12, 2019, 09:59:55 PM
Next year for City it has to be CL. Next year for Liverpool it has to be the PL. For that reason I'd lump on Liverpool for 2019/20.

It was supposed to be like that this year too. No reason they can't win both next year. Win the cup next weekend and they'll have won 5 of the last 6 domestic trophies.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2019, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: TabClear on May 12, 2019, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2019, 07:23:55 PM
Best premier league team would be Utd, just on titles that is

Most successful club. They had multiple "teams" that typically evolve and refresh over 3-4 years. This city team (2017-19) has bettered their league achievement s domestically by a distance two years in a row.

Be more specific in your post, the best team the premiership has seen (taking league titles as a measurement) is Utd

I think the point he was making was crystal clear.

Kidder81

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2019, 10:41:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2019, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: TabClear on May 12, 2019, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2019, 07:23:55 PM
Best premier league team would be Utd, just on titles that is

Most successful club. They had multiple "teams" that typically evolve and refresh over 3-4 years. This city team (2017-19) has bettered their league achievement s domestically by a distance two years in a row.

Be more specific in your post, the best team the premiership has seen (taking league titles as a measurement) is Utd

I think the point he was making was crystal clear.

Ah you have to make allowances

manfromdelmonte

For 85 seconds you had the title in your grasp.
Then it was taken away again
Hope you took some pics for the memories

The derby 0-0 lost ye the title

Capt Pat

Just to recap Liverpool finished 31 points ahead of United and 43 points ahead of Everton. Some of their fans are having trouble dealing with this new reality. The European cup is on its way back  home to Anfield as well.

Dire Ear

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 12, 2019, 08:11:15 PM
Tabclear i think we know the point youre making and its not far off. Trouble is youve OTB the fuckwit who'll come on and ruin any chance of a sensible discussion and MR2 who in a way is even worse as hes not on the wind up just a bit of a stupid f**ker who feels he has to have an input on pretty much any topic
This seems about right

Over the Bar

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 12, 2019, 11:29:48 PM
Just to recap Liverpool finished 31 points ahead of United and 43 points ahead of Everton. Some of their fans are having trouble dealing with this new reality. The European cup is on its way back  home to Anfield as well.

A tea-cup is about as much as has made its way there in the past 12 years...