The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Firmino a doubt for tomorrow night.  Gonna be a tough ask with VVD missing as well.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

Lovren is out as well according to reports. I don't understand why they didn't bring in an extra defender in the transfer window.

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2019, 12:32:52 AM
Lovren is out as well according to reports. I don't understand why they didn't bring in an extra defender in the transfer window.

I don't think the Gomez set back helped things. When the decision was made, Gomez was to be back in a few games, Lovren's injury was not going to keep him out as long and VVD was only out for 1 games because of suspension. If they'd of brought someone in, they probably wouldn't even have played...maybe against wolves. You then have a player sitting maybe on the bench who you really don't need, taking the spot of a young fella who then doesn't gain any experience etc

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on February 19, 2019, 02:03:45 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2019, 12:32:52 AM

I don't think the Gomez set back helped things. When the decision was made, Gomez was to be back in a few games, Lovren's injury was not going to keep him out as long and VVD was only out for 1 games because of suspension. If they'd of brought someone in, they probably wouldn't even have played...maybe against wolves. You then have a player sitting maybe on the bench who you really don't need, taking the spot of a young fella who then doesn't gain any experience etc

If only.....

laoislad

Looking forward to the game.There should be no pressure on them at all tonight imo. If they win tonight and the tie overall then great onto the 1/4 Finals. If they don't, then they have 12 games left in a title race.
I'd certainly take a win on Sunday over a win tonight.

TabClear

Looking forward to tonight's game from an occasion perspective, the atmosphere should be unreal. However I am worried about us defensively as its likley that Fabinho/matip will be the centre halves. While Fabinho was impressive in the league games he played there it is a very different story if you have VVD alongside you against Glenn Murray compared to alongside Matip trying to deal with Lewandowski. I do think we will score but think we will concede at least one  which could make the return leg very difficult.

Sunday is the bigger game as far as I am concerned and it looks like we will be playing Utd with Rashford/Pogba bang in form and their defense playing half decent as well. A point would be a good result as it least it keeps things in our own hands (albeit with Chelsea/Spurs) still to play. I am resigned to the fact that before we play Chelsea Sarri will get the sack and a manager will come in who actually realises that if you play Kante as a DM you will not get hockeyed, making it much more difficult to beat them.

laoislad

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

Capt Pat

I am worried going into this game with the defense looking not strong enough for a team like Bayern. I would take nil nil.

trailer

Bayern are shite. Jesus Liverpool should hockey them. Any other result will feel like a defeat.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2019, 07:55:08 PM
Bayern are shite. Jesus Liverpool should hockey them. Any other result will feel like a defeat.

Six leagues in a row....many a team would love to be that 'shite'

markl121

Christ the rte commentary team are on form tonight. Keita, mane and gini are interchangeable depending on which one comes to mind first. Don't know if they've got it right yet

trailer

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 19, 2019, 08:10:50 PM

German leagues. How many have Celtic won and they're not exactly setting the Champions League on fire.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2019, 08:43:47 PM

German leagues. How many have Celtic won and they're not exactly setting the Champions League on fire.

Yes the German and Scottish leagues would be comparable 😳

screenexile

This is class stuff lads both teams going at it!!

The limited defences should make it interesting in the second half!

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2019, 08:43:47 PM

Celtic... lol