Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on June 20, 2019, 06:12:11 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2019, 03:07:11 PM
Need to book something for my wife's 40th next January preferably a citybreak around that time. It's not usually a time of year we'd head away has anyone any ideas of what to do??

Was thinking New York maybe but I'm thinking January wouldn't be the best time. All recommendations welcome.

PS. Not winter sun would rather be doing something.
Skiing  ;D

Miami.

Vegas!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Actually, Lisbon is lovely

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 20, 2019, 07:55:35 PM

Had conversation with someone the other day about Lisbon, was interested in going and he said it was worse than Barcelona for pickpockets!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2019, 08:31:02 PM

Had conversation with someone the other day about Lisbon, was interested in going and he said it was worse than Barcelona for pickpockets!
We have been in Lisbon twice over the last few years and never  had any issues ourselves but have heard  of some of the popular tourist trams being rife with pickpockets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 20, 2019, 08:42:23 PM

We have been in Lisbon twice over the last few years and never  had any issues ourselves but have heard  of some of the popular tourist trams being rife with pickpockets

I suppose they are on all the big cites!

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2019, 08:50:36 PM

You need to organise yourself on the presumption that pickpockets are about, especially in summer. In winter it is easier when wearing a jacket.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gold

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2019, 10:01:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2019, 08:50:36 PM

You need to organise yourself on the presumption that pickpockets are about, especially in summer. In winter it is easier when wearing a jacket.

If youre on the packed tram without your wallet in your front pocket and your hand in it you deserve to be pickpocket!

I found no issue there...class city

Get the yellow tram round the city at 8am...avoid the queues

What i would say is...go to Bruges. Done every european city nearly....for a relaxing chilled time its the best
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bennydorano

Any good bars to watch the GAA in Salou area? We're gonna  be between Salou & Cambrils.

Targetman

Go to the Danny Bhoy, good bar for sport and serve good food, entertainment at night if you fancy it, had a few sessions there last year!!

The Bearded One

Looking some advice on a decent pub in the Albufeira/Vilamoura areas to watch GAA games.

I realise most places will be able to show games but I am hoping to go somewhere with a decent crowd and atmosphere to watch a few games when I am away on my holidays.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Aristo 60

Cant recall the name of the bar but I remember watching an AIF in Villamoura. The bar was located at the very far end of the marina so keep walking around and start looking around yourself when there is only a few hundred yards left to walk!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 05, 2019, 11:42:16 AM
Cant recall the name of the bar but I remember watching an AIF in Villamoura. The bar was located at the very far end of the marina so keep walking around and start looking around yourself when there is only a few hundred yards left to walk!

Cats.....

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Aristo 60

no the one I am thinking of was much further on

Keyser soze

Anyone know of any reliable sites to order currency online?

general

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2019, 10:58:32 AM
Anyone know of any reliable sites to order currency online?

Get yourself a revolut card - top it up with your home currency and use in the required country via tap or chip and pin. you will receive a favorable rate. Used it in prague recently for a stag doo. small charge for cash withdrawals